I've got a fender Frontman 212R and i'm thinking that the speakers are blown. I can't turn the volume up very loud, it just won't do it. The clean channel is distorted, and it makes a boing sound if slightly dropped. Any thoughts?
Well its probably not the speakers. If you crank it and it doesnt get louder its probably internal. These amps are known for this sort of problem. You could rig up a cable to be able to use another speaker to see if thats the problem. Most likely its time to look for another amp.
Yeah, I was playing on it a few minutes ago and it was cutting in and out of good clean tone and distorted clean tone. Any way you could fix the problem?
How long have you had it? Is there still a warranty? Do you have a shop that can take a look at it near you?
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
boing sound is spring reverb. no problems there.

but the rest isn't something you're going to be able to fix easily if don't have experience, should take it to an amp tech.
Quote by gregs1020
How long have you had it? Is there still a warranty? Do you have a shop that can take a look at it near you?

I've had it for a long while. Most likely out of warranty. I don't know of any shops in my area to look at them.
This surging volume is common with SS's like FM. Sometimes it can be a pot if so not to hard to fix. If its not and its something internal the diagnostics and repair can easily cost as much as a new amp. Just the nature of SS cheaper to manufacture but its generally disposable when something goes wrong.
Quote by beccas_drummer
I've had it for a long while. Most likely out of warranty. I don't know of any shops in my area to look at them.

I think you should have it checked out if at all possible. It could be something simple like a pot as Tackleberry suggested, but you never know with SS amps. Is the input jack on the amp secure? Sometimes a loose connection there can be the root of the issue. Just throwing that out there.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Quote by gregs1020
Is the input jack on the amp secure? Sometimes a loose connection there can be the root of the issue. Just throwing that out there.

Everything is secure. Will send it in one day to get looked at. Seems like the only solution. THANKS TO ALL!!!!