Hey guys. I need your help. I can't choose a strat to buy . I want one with 3 single coils, vintage bridge, maple neck and if possible, vintage look. So, i'd look to these two:

Fender Strat Roadhouse OW

or

Fender 50's Strat

Or i would just buy a Fender Standard Strat (MIM) and put a Dimarzio HS-3 in the bridge and a YJM in the neck? As for the amp, I have a engl e530,a marshall 9005 and a marshall 1922.
need your help guys! cheers
Personally I like the White one, but I've always been a sucker for white guitars with the tortoise shell (?) pickguard
Quote by MichaelOfCanton
a kazoo will rock some ass for like 85 cents.

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Krik harmret cuz he can prey der gertur wit te wurr wurr pedar!!

http://www.myspace.com/caledonia
Erm if you're gonna replace the PUs why not buy the Malmsteen strat?

More expensive and scalloped I suppose.

Out of the two I'd go for the Roadhouse
Quote by fleajr_1412
You have amazing taste in men.

Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.
That Road house looks baller. But Strats come down to feel and each is a little different. You might find a MIM that sounds as good as or better than those so I say go to your local dealer and try them
i enjoy head
I'd love to play that Roadhouse myself
1. You're surfing the internet.
2. You're browsing through the UG forums.
3. You're reading now.
5. You didn't notice that there was no #4.
6. You just checked it.
7. Now you're having a lil smile.

Quote by hawk_kst
You Sir, have the best signature like ever!
Classic player 50s. has the soft V neck, vintage looks. I'd stear clear of the red.
It's so crazy in here you're gonna wish it wasn't so crazy in here!

1995 PRS CE
Fender 50s Classic Player strat
Johnson Millenium 150
Boss GT-6
I like the red one, Reds a cool colour and looks good betten up, have a looka t gary moore
But then again i love Hank Marvin and the shadows, thats why i have a red strat
=========

Nathnialm

====
Quote by loudog93
i hate red strats. they look so stereotypical. I like that roadhouse

+1
STEAM: beachhhhhhhh

Quote by cornmancer
Please daddy, just for one hour.
I think the 50's Strat would be a fine investment.

Oh by the way, I'm going to add you as a friend, 'cause I also plan on putting an HS-3 in my American Strat's bridge, and a YJM in the neck as well. :P

Soo yeah, pow wow ideas with me, yo!
^Ok! . Please do. My budjet is around 500€, so i can't aford a malmsteen strat. Can you give me a sugestion of a strat in this price range?
cheers.
Quote by loudog93
i hate red strats. they look so stereotypical. I like that roadhouse

what did you just say ?
Quote by Op3a
^Ok! . Please do. My budjet is around 500€, so i can't aford a malmsteen strat. Can you give me a sugestion of a strat in this price range?
cheers.

I think those two would be the best in your price range, the Roadhouse has Texas Specials which you know will sound awesome. If you're geared more for metal though I think buying a MIM Standard and putting some Dimarzios in would be a really good idea.
Between the velvet lies, there's a truth as hard as steel.
The vision never dies, life's a neverending wheel.
roadhouse all the way! that thing looks minty!
2005 PRS McCarty (20th Anniversary Edition)
Custom 67' Tele w/Bigsby
Gibson Les Paul Double Cut Standard
Larivee Acoustic
Fractal Audio Axe Fx II
Apogee Ensemble
Yamaha HS80s
I'd say Roadhouse between the two.
Though I am a sucker for white Strats with maple fretboards and white pickguards.

Here's a link to a Fender color chart, in case you're interested.

Fender Color Chart
When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix
^Thanks for the color chart! Any fender strat sugestion?
If you like the texas blues sound, the Roadhouse; it's got kickass Texas Special's, which sing for that. If you want the classic 1950's bell tone, the 50's strat is also an excellent guitar, I'm still icking myself for not getting one when a local shop had one 50% off...
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 73-78
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 2-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 24-7
^I want a strat to play rock, indie rock, alternative and instrumental. So what do you recomend?
cheers
Rock and Indie Rock I find to be very vague terms. If you could explain what you mean by them, it'd help. As for the others, for alt., probably the Texas Specials in the Roadhouse would work better I think. As far as instrumentals, it depends on what kind. If you mean disturbingly fast Malmsteeny stuff where every note needs as much definition in as little space, 50's strat. If it's stuff like Jeff Beck where you just need tone, tone, power and more tone, Texas Specials. If it's stuff like Vai and Satriani where you need a mix, 50's with the neck pickup and maybe the bridge pickup swapped with Texas Specials.

Indie and rock i'd say the strokes, the killers, bloc party, the kooks, the fratellis.. Instrumental i'd say malmsteen and satriani. What you think? One of these two, or a standard with new pickups?
Hmm...well, with new pickups you'll also be paying for installation, but you can get much different tones, and the Standards are pretty good IMO. Personally I'd recommend a DiMarzio of some sort in the bridge, a Texas Special in the mid and for the neck I'm not sure, so that one is your call.

Banana Yellow strat.

I think its one of the 60s or 70s model.
There's No School like Old School.

So yeah, i'm getting active again on this fucking website.

FACEBOOK
^I can't find that color :/ . What about the classic 70's people?
cheers
I sort of like them, but if all the pickups in the real 1970's strats were as weak as those in my bands third guitarist's 76' strat and the output levels are the same on the reissue 70's strats, then I'd look for a pickup swap. Otherwise I could see it being pretty good actually, especially if the pickups aren't that weak. Plus the strat had just been restrung and not set up, so odds are high that the tone wasn't how it should be.

Last edited by necrosis1193 at Feb 2, 2009,
i was just thinkin tonight I love my MIM strat - i replaced the bridge pickup in it, and love it. Its my favorite axe right now

and i have an LTD EC-1000 and a faded gibson dc, I just love my strat

I think if i could go back in time, i wouldnt buy another guitar, except maybe a backup strat and put all my guitar money into my amp
the roadhouse strat is hot, i played one and fell in love with it, but i got lucky enough to get a brand new american standard for $699.... i say go with the roadhouse strat
2008 M.I.A. HSS Strat
Marshall JCM 900 50w Dual Reverb
Ok! . So, to end with the discussion: Fender Strat MIM 2009 vs Fender Strat Roadhouse. What you think?
Quote by The red Strat.
what did you just say ?

he just said 'i hate red strats. they look so stereotypical. I like that roadhouse'

Persnaolly id get the red one.
If we're talking fully stock, Roadhouse. If your replacing the pickups, easily the Standard; they're a lot better than people give them credit for, and after seeing a 33-year old white strat, I have to say the red will age much more gracefully than the white. Unless your Yngwie, in which case everything ages like crap. Or Jeff Beck, in which case it barely ages whatsoever even in white. Chances are you're neither though, and looking at one owned by a mortal human being, I have to say the white won't age that well IMO.

In short, if you're replacing the pickups and just need a sexy shell that plays well; MIM Standard. If you're leaving it stock; Roadhouse.

Quote by ibrahimasood
he just said 'i hate red strats. they look so stereotypical. I like that roadhouse'

Persnaolly id get the red one.

of course i know that, you silly
I have to vote for the Roadhouse Strat and I own a Red Strat (not The Red Strat, a red strat). I really like the look and the pickups.
Quote by Op3a
^The texas pickups will do rock well?

Depends on the definition of rock. Rock that would have you considering an SSS strat? Yes. Stuff you'd want a high-output HH guitar for? No. For what a strat is for, Texas Specials are great IMO, probably the best thing to come out of Fender IMO since the something significant.

Quote by The red Strat.
what did you just say ?

haha
--F-F-T-S---
--EbOla----
---name pending?--

Quote by PlayMadness
No. Everybody dies. And one day, given that your relationship doesn't crash and burn like so many do, one of you will end up deep in sorrow while watching the other one die.