Poll: The Giver
Poll Options
View poll results: The Giver
Good
43 47%
Okay
31 34%
Bad
18 20%
Voters: 92.
#1
Okay to all who have read The Giver. What did you think of this book. Did you think the story was good. Me and my friend are having a discussion and asking all of our friends what they think of it. There is no haven't read it yet opton in the poll because I want to keep this as liked or unliked as possible.
SteamMaster wrote:

Toker420 wrote:
What is on that dudes face?!


its called pure awesome


Quote by Zolom
Get off my lawn ya young whippersnapper! Confounded *descends into gibberish*
#2
It is the greatest book ever It was like having an orgasm in my mind as a read it
Check Out My songs
Empty
Cardboard Steel

Quote by GrisKy
i think carmen electra would be a good band leader. i'd stay in the band just 'cause she's hot.
#3
It was ok. I read it because some religious nut job in the school district my kids went to was trying to get it banned. It was meh.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
#6
Even when I was supposed to read it for class I didn't.
Let's not bicker and argue about who killed who...
Quote by Necrophagist777
I'm ORION, LORD OF EVIL, give me your soul and breathe in my darkness.

YOU WILL NOT ENJOY THIS......
╭∩╮( º.º )╭∩╮
#7
wow I had to read this for grade 5
'never a victim,' the role model said,
bang-bang, the bad guy is dead,
always a rockstar on eMpty TV,
the lesson complete, now the child has needs.
#8
i had to read it in 8th grade and it was one of the worst books i ever read.
#10
I thought it was a good story, though the ending wasn't what i was expecting. But that was like 4 years ago. Maybe I'll give it another read and see if I like it
"Forget the rules. If it sounds good, it is good."
-Eddie Van Halen
#11
^ I highly advise against that.
SteamMaster wrote:

Toker420 wrote:
What is on that dudes face?!


its called pure awesome


Quote by Zolom
Get off my lawn ya young whippersnapper! Confounded *descends into gibberish*
#12
i enjoyed it.
ADELOS
POP PUNK
for fans of...

Motion City Soundtrack, Get Up Kids, Jimmy Eat World, Transit, Brand New, Dashboard Confessional, Early November, Fall Out Boy, Jawbreaker, Polar Bear Club, The Story So Far, the Wonder Years, Something Corporate.
#13
i read it in seventh grade. it was alright but the ending pissed me off. i dont remember why
Is your name Mike? Do you want to be everyone's friend? Do you look similar to lots of other people? If so click here

Quote by LesPaulLeader08


Fucking win S&R!
#14
It's pretty good. It's cool in the sequels when all the characters come together.
Firefly > You

Trumpet Alliance
#15
very difficult to comprehend but once that was out of the way i loved it and hated it because it was a muthafugging cliffhanger.
#17
unliked, hehe.

I read it in like sixth grade. Don't remember.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
#18
The Giver guy was a pedo. "Come here, take your shirt off, lay down, let me touch you."
#19
read it in 4th grade, it was ok, the ending sucked though.

||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

#22
I read it in like grade 5, I thought it was amazing because I had no idea what was going on, and then bam! I think it was the first distopia type novel I ever read.
#23
TS deserves a cookie because I have been looking for the name of this book for ages and you gave it to me. I love you.
#25
I also read Gathering Blue which was by the same author in 7th grade. I thought it was amazing.
#26
I'm reading it now. ^^The Van Halen album?
Quote by SlackerBabbath

I also have hairy butt cheeks, I once shaved a letter 'W' on each cheek, so that when I bent over it spelled WoW.

warning, some of the contents of this post may not necessarily be completely true.
#27
I read it in 5th grade, and I still read it every once in a while, years later.

It's my favourite book. Ever.
Quote by Les_Frederiksen
PlayMadness, you give me hope for mankind.

Quote by Darksucker
PlayMadness - Jesus 2.0

Quote by genghisgandhi
Society's doing great. There's a rise of people like PlayMadness. I feel pretty good about the way things are going.
#28
Most people hate the ending, they probably never read the equal, the messenger.. and how old are you dude, twelve?
Quote by NGD1313
Yes, my mom walked in on me getting my carrot skinned.

So I freaked out and flipped the vegetable tray.

There was ranch everywhere.


Quote by zwound
Win


Quote by __Pent__


^^Too bad I can't do this in real life
#29
I remember reading this book and whining about every day. It was a terrible, boring read that went nowhere. Then, suddenly, there was this really weird twist a little over halfway through the book, and it literally turned the whole book around for me. Definitely worth reading, at least, and it taught me that you should really look at the story in its entirety before judging it.
#30
Quote by MusicalMinority
Read 1984 instead.


This.

Quote by Jackal58
It was ok. I read it because some religious nut job in the school district my kids went to was trying to get it banned. It was meh.


They should be more worried about "The god delusion"
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
#31
Quote by AStrangleHold
Most people hate the ending, they probably never read the equal, the messenger.. and how old are you dude, twelve?


I read this in 8th grade. I am now a sophomore in high school. Bitch.
SteamMaster wrote:

Toker420 wrote:
What is on that dudes face?!


its called pure awesome


Quote by Zolom
Get off my lawn ya young whippersnapper! Confounded *descends into gibberish*
#32
I had to read that in 7th grade.
Quote by Ez0ph
That was a different Feb08er that threatened to suck you off
I remember that


Sadly, I was the threatened.
Quote by Firenze


Let it be known that I concur with everything this gentleman says, ever.



www.myspace.com/tarsusmusic