Well, i don't really want to spend over £100/$200. I feel like i need some sort of pedal to be able to make good music. I was looking at the Jimi Hendrix Digitech pedal but i think that would make me feel like i was copying Jimi's style completely and would make me seem a bit 'fake' when i play. I have also considered a Jim Dunlop Crybaby which from what i've read it's very basic but is a reasonable price and very reliable. I really can't choose a pedal that will allow me to play a Slash like solo and a Jimi type riff, any ideas on what pedal i should buy?
A good wah if you don't have one.

Vox, Ernie Ball, and Dunlop all have basic ones. There's also the Boss V wah, the Dunlop Crybaby signature and extended models, etc.

I have the Dunlop Dimebag Darrell Crybaby Wah, it works really well for high, low, and no gain applications. But it's also similar to the 535Q which you may want if you're not a fan of skateboard grip tape or really ugly camo.
I have a Marshall MG15dfx. I know a lot of people don't like it but i think it's good enough for me. I'm only a student so at the moment i really can't afford a good amp.
No sense in wasting money on pedals then, find a crybaby on ebay and be done with it.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Quote by Kevin Saale
No sense in wasting money on pedals then, find a crybaby on ebay and be done with it.

Really? Does my amp make THAT much difference? I did buy a really cheap WahWah on Ebay a few years ago and it did give me a Wah sound that i wanted before i spilt a glass of water on it.
Quote by Awooga Alex
Really? Does my amp make THAT much difference? I did buy a really cheap WahWah on Ebay a few years ago and it did give me a Wah sound that i wanted before i spilt a glass of water on it.

well your amp is kind of the foundation of your tone.

...and the bricks too for that matter...
Peavey JSX
Marshall 1960A
Ibanez S470 DXQM
Boss DD-6
Dunlop Original Crybaby
Quote by Awooga Alex

Yeah, if you're unsatisfied with your tone that's the first thing to look at, and considering you currently have a garbage amp it's probably your problem. If you the only thing your lacking is being able to wah then get a wah, but if it's the overall tone you don't like get a new amp.
So shall i get a very cheap WahWah for 30$ or a good Dunlop Original Crybaby for 100$?
Get a standard crybaby off ebay, shouldn't be more than fifty bucks.
Quote by Awooga Alex
So shall i get a very cheap WahWah for 30$ or a good Dunlop Original Crybaby for 100$?
I have the original crybaby and it's a piece of crap. Worst sounding wah ever. Take your $200 and buy a Vypyr 30. I bought a Vypyr 15 and put a 10" (from the orig 8") speaker in it for something small to tote around. The Vypyr has some amazing clean and bluesy overdrive sounds. Great for a jazz rock tone. I really can't get over how great it sounds for a $100 amp. OK yeah with a 10" speaker swap, but the 30 has a 12" in it already (and has more stompbox models).