Just wandering, what music can I listen to that uses the genereal fender strat, 3 single coils. Like what genre, what artists/bands that are great for it. And whats the heaviest music it can go without hss configuration? Oh, and I dont mean the strat shape, I mean the actual normal fender stratocaster.

Also, what is the idifference between MiM and MiA other than one is madei n a different country. And why is the MiA mroe expensive?

Yes, please don't point out that I'm a complete spastic becuase I know.

Also, I'd like some songs that are played with the usuall sss strat that are upbeat like suck my kiss by the red hot chilli peppers.
Last edited by shoka123 at Feb 3, 2009,
Kirk Hammett used to use a Fender SSS before he began endorsing ESP guitars, and his sound was badass.

Eric Clapton, Stevie Ray Vaughan, Nirvana, uhm. can't really think of any others right now. MY mind is spent, so yeah
[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']Kirk Hammett used to use a Fender SSS before he began endorsing ESP guitars, and his sound was badass.

Eric Clapton, Stevie Ray Vaughan, Nirvana, uhm. can't really think of any others right now. MY mind is spent, so yeah

I haven't seen it in a while, but doesn't Kirk use a Fender Strat in the video for One?
I'll check up on that.

EDIT: ESP Vintage Series. Might be a plus, I'm not sure. But yeah, it's an SSS config, though not a Fender. Still badass though
Last edited by [VictorinoX] at Feb 2, 2009,
Depends what amp you plug it into.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by TatarSalad2
I haven't seen it in a while, but doesn't Kirk use a Fender Strat in the video for One?

What was the distortion like? Was it recorded with the strat, and waht songs where played with the sss strat?
Quote by shoka123
Just wandering, what music can I listen to that uses the genereal fender strat, 3 single coils. Like what genre, what artists/bands that are great for it. And whats the heaviest music it can go without hss configuration? Oh, and I dont mean the strat shape, I mean the actual normal fender stratocaster.

Also, what is the idifference between MiM and MiA other than one is madei n a different country. And why is the MiA mroe expensive?

Yes, please don't point out that I'm a complete spastic becuase I know.

listen to 50's style surf rock....you'll get a good feel for that watery clean sound...it's birdlike man...awesome.

MiA is more expensive becuase they have to pay for healthcare
gear
[="======================"]
ESP-LTD EX400 (black)
ESP-LTD Truckster (primer)
ESP-LTD MX130 (black)
Boss MT-2
Crate GX-60c [stock chorus/reverb]
Quote by .:st.anger:.
listen to 50's style surf rock....you'll get a good feel for that watery clean sound...it's birdlike man...awesome.

Took me a while to work that out...

Quote by shoka123
What was the distortion like? Was it recorded with the strat, and waht songs where played with the sss strat?

Refer ro my last post above.

Quote by .:st.anger:.

that's almost sig-worthy
[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']Kirk Hammett used to use a Fender SSS before he began endorsing ESP guitars, and his sound was badass.

You mean a Gibson Flying V? Yeah, I thought so.
No gods, no countries, no masters.
More guitar, less Ultimate-Guitar.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Ibanez SZ520/Ibanez ORM-1/Ibanez RG7321/Pocket POD/Crate GX/Boss HM-2
Quote by TatarSalad2

Isnt it an ESP strat look alike?
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Randy Rhoads V with Floyd Rose
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech RP70 Guitar Processor
RHCP. Jimi. SRV. Gilmour.
American Deluxe maple board Strat
Hot Rod Deluxe
Fulltone Fulldrive II mosfet
Quote by Lethal Dosage
Isnt it an ESP strat look alike?

He used an ESP Vintage in the video for One, but he did originally use a Fender SSS.
listen to Pink Floyd/David Gilmour
Between the velvet lies, there's a truth as hard as steel.
The vision never dies, life's a neverending wheel.
EDIT FOR A FEW OF MY POSTS: It wasn't a Fender Strat. His first original guitar that he used was a Montgomery Strat copy with gold aluminum foil over the pickups, no name on the headstock. He did use the Gibson Flying V for recording, but I've seen videos of him live using the Strat copy.
So can you guys tell me which songs he did play or record with with the fender strat (not the esp)
He didn't. He used the Gibson Flying V to record. As for the Strat copy he played live with, I'm not sure, considering it was about seven years before my time. If you could find a roadie from back then or a fanatic who went to their concerts from the early beginning, they could probably tell you.
Iron Maiden?

They use strats now Im actually watching their rock in rio dvd on my tv right now. They have 3 guitar players that all use strats now.
Ibanez RG7321
Peavey Valveking 112
Too bad Maiden hasn't used SSS strats for a very long time... Also, I think Malmsteen uses a SC-sized humbucker? Don't quote me on that though, as I'm not completely sure...
Quote by Y00p
Too bad Maiden hasn't used SSS strats for a very long time... Also, I think Malmsteen uses a SC-sized humbucker? Don't quote me on that though, as I'm not completely sure...

Yeah they use modded SSS strats I believe they use single coil sized humbuckers instead of standard single coils now.
Ibanez RG7321
Peavey Valveking 112
[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']Maiden uses all SSS strats if i'm not mistaken, as does Malmsteen.
Nope Maiden uses HSS and I think Adrian or Dave has one HSH
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
The 2 best colours EVER pitted against each other? No wai!

I voted lime.

Quote by SeveralSpecies
btw lime kicked ass

Member of the Bass Militia PM Nutter_101 to join
Team Lime Green!
[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']Maiden uses all SSS strats if i'm not mistaken, as does Malmsteen.
You are mistaken then. They might have used an SSS at one point in time, but their recording has always been with at least an HSS, and many cases an HSH.

Also, Malmsteen uses a DiMarzio stacked humbucker.
Quote by Y00p
You are mistaken then. They might have used an SSS at one point in time, but their recording has always been with at least an HSS, and many cases an HSH.

Also, Malmsteen uses a DiMarzio stacked humbucker.

Im not to sure but isn't his play loud strat sss
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
The 2 best colours EVER pitted against each other? No wai!

I voted lime.

Quote by SeveralSpecies
btw lime kicked ass

Member of the Bass Militia PM Nutter_101 to join
Team Lime Green!
Quote by alternitivebass
Im not to sure but isn't his play loud strat sss

SSS, definitely. But again, the first S is probably an H in disguise.
Eric Johnson.

He also uses ES-335 and Les Pauls, but the Strat is his main axe.

I think.
Also, I'd like some songs that are played with the usuall sss strat that are upbeat like suck my kiss by the red hot chilli peppers.
Iron Maiden anyone?

And MiA (apparently) use better materials and are made by more skilled workers.
***Short Sig***