Looking at upgrading the DD HB-102's in my C1+.

I'm into hard rock and metal mostly. Especially heavy rhythms.
BLACKOUTS, neck and bridge. General consensus seams to be that they're better than EMG 81/85. Youtube them.
My Gear

Guitar
DEAN Razorback Shards
Wesley crappy cheap thing

Amps
Cheap Crappy Freedom Practice AMP 15watts
VOX AD50 Valtronix
If you like active pickups, Seymour Duncan Blackouts. If not, the a JB in the bridge and a '59 in the neck, so I'm told.
JB/'59
or
custom/'59
or
custom custom/'59

thats it. The rest is quite meh. And if you absolutely want a 4 coductor pickup in the neck for coilsplitting, take a Jazz instead of the '59, but the '59 is a better pickup than the jazz imo.
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']I'm guessing that you, like me, looked up the seymour duncan tone wizard?
No, i just know most of the (not to say all of the) seymour duncan humbuckers.
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
ah. Good for you. I figured it was the JB/59 combo, i just wanted to make sure before amking a fool outta myself
Well, honestly, giving someone advice about pickups based on a tone wizzard found on the site of the pickup builder, isnt really good advice.
He can check out this wizzard himself too. And tbh, these sound samples actually say nothing. Unless you play the guitar yourself, you can not feel how the pickup react on your playing.
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
Too true. I was mainly using it just to refresh my memory is all. I don't want to be giving anyone bad info or anything like that.
JB or Custom in Bridge
Jazz or '59 in Neck

The StagMag SH-3 seems quite nice too giving a strat-like tone when split but never tried it personally...
It's not going to make a massive difference througha cube though - you're certainly not going to hear the more subtle qualities of the pickups.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by steven seagull
It's not going to make a massive difference througha cube though - you're certainly not going to hear the more subtle qualities of the pickups.

This is exactly correct; don't bother.

BTW. Whoever reccomended the Custom and the Custom Custom ought to get his stuff straight; the Custom has no tone at all thanks to the ceramics, and the Custom Custom gets very muddy under the gain people subject it to because of the alnico 2s. The Custom 5 is far superior.
And why didn't anybody mention the Screamin' Demon or the Full Shred? I've heard good things about those.

But, to the point: don't bother, get a tube amp which will bring out the subtleties of the pickups. At that point though, you'll probably realise it wasn't your pickups that were your tone problem after all.
Quote by Rock Pig
And why didn't anybody mention the Screamin' Demon or the Full Shred? I've heard good things about those.

Thought I was forgetting something

But, to the point: don't bother, get a tube amp which will bring out the subtleties of the pickups. At that point though, you'll probably realise it wasn't your pickups that were your tone problem after all.

EPIC WIN!!!
APH - 1n and APH - 1b (Alnico II Pro) works pretty good for me.
Keep the pickup money, sell your cube, cancel the order on the Cube 60 and get a decent tube amp. For metal/hard-rock, I've heard good thing about the B-52 AT112. You could also try a Valveking, and a Peavey Windsor stack if you don't ever play clean.
Seagull's right, you'll need a more transparent amp before a pickup swap would make any discernible difference.

Also, why does it have to be Duncan? There are plenty of other brands available...
Quote by Danno13

Also, why does it have to be Duncan? There are plenty of other brands available...

I was going to say this but figured it unnecesary because if he's been listening he won't need any pickups at all yet.
But yeah, never mind Duncans, I'm a DiMarzio/Bare Knucke kind of guy.
Quote by The_Bosstone
Keep the pickup money, sell your cube, cancel the order on the Cube 60 and get a decent tube amp. For metal/hard-rock, I've heard good thing about the B-52 AT112. You could also try a Valveking, and a Peavey Windsor stack if you don't ever play clean.

yeah and then he is going to dump another 500 bucks on power attenuater, power supplies, noise gates...and other **** he may need for a high gainer (although the only one that will be completely necessary to play at practice levels is the power attnuator). I would not suggest selling everything you have JUST to get a tube amp.

maybe say **** the Roland 60?
you could get somethin decent used for the price of one of those, and you wont have to sell your practice amp either.
aren't the 102's active? won't it be annoying to to switch the actives to passives.

As for an amps i would say its fine to just switch the pickups now and then later on buy a better amps, DONT upgrade to the cube 60 wait and save for maybe the 6506 combo or another metal combo.
Guitars-LEFTY
Bernie Rico Jr. Custom Jekyll
Schecter ATX
Schecter Tempest Cust.
Ibanez GIO
Amps
Laney VH100R-Sell/Trade?? pm me
Cube 15
Misc.
THD HOT plate Attentuator and other stuff
Quote by Krzy8

As for an amps i would say its fine to just switch the pickups now and then later on buy a better amps, DONT upgrade to the cube 60 wait and save for maybe the 6506 combo or another metal combo.

... Is that like, one better than the 6505?

... Ah, I crack myself up ;

No really, that's a pretty sound idea.