So, I have a Jackson WRXT ordered new, from my local store..now I was thinking about my pickups, and how could I improve my sound to something with a more articulated sounds, I can't really explain in english...in order to have the notes I play distinguished and have every single one eareble troughout the heavy distortion ..after liek two notes the third one,will lose itself in distortion
Then I eard new pickups are only gonna be noticed if I change the pot...whats the difference between pots?, what are the standard one from my guitar?ideas on pickups after all the rest...

To play something around megadeth,iron maiden, trivium
Last edited by tasanhalas at Feb 2, 2009,
i myself hav a wrxt, and i think that the pickups are fine as they come. nice sound, and still distinguishible through distortion. although, one point, my pickup selector switch plays up sometimes, so just a heads up on that
who told you you'd only hear a difference in pickups if you change the pots?

in almost any case, you can use the pots that came new in the guitar (unless you're switching form passive to active, or the other way around).

for the sake of argument, I will say that if you dont have a very good amp, you wont be able to tell much of a difference when you change the pickups.

its true that you can can buy higher quality pots than the ones the come stock, but there shouldnt be any huge tonal changes because of the pots
The person that told you that might have been refering to the fact that Passives and Actives usually incorporate different Pots but it really shouldn't matter at all.
Like a Passive may have a 500k pot and a active might have a 25k pot (I've heard this is common). But all that hindges on one idea are your pickups passive or active.
Hearing about a pair of great boobs is like hearing about a really cool bug or lizard as a kid and you just gotta see it.
I play the jackson throught a marshall MG30 AND i REALLY didn´t like the distortion so I bought the Metal zone, and now it's actually like (more less), but as I said not articulated enough..

I have the guitar for almost 1 year and my pickup selector is just fine, the only complait it that the fingerboard sometimes seems like is has been sharpenned, I hurt my left hand quite a few times...

Keeping the pots, any pickup recommended??or a new amp insted
Uhh what type of music are you playing?
Hearing about a pair of great boobs is like hearing about a really cool bug or lizard as a kid and you just gotta see it.
Quote by tasanhalas
I play the jackson throught a marshall MG30 AND i REALLY didn´t like the distortion so I bought the Metal zone, and now it's actually like (more less), but as I said not articulated enough..

I have the guitar for almost 1 year and my pickup selector is just fine, the only complait it that the fingerboard sometimes seems like is has been sharpenned, I hurt my left hand quite a few times...

New amp. It will make more of a difference.
Quote by tasanhalas

Yikes! Ditch the Metal Zone and the MG.

The Metal Zone is a horrible pedal, as you can tell, lots of gain, not enough clarity.
The MG is a terrible amp, and doesn't have enough distortion for metal anyway.

Sell them both, buy a Line 6 Flextone III or a Roland Cube 60.