Hi everybody! So how can I play my electric guitar during school-trips, etc. I mean I cant take my amp with me as it is large and heavy...

Should I stay unplugged?? Maybe there is somekind of smaller device that would solve this? Any ideas??
Uhm, a mini amp

Roland Micro Cube. There are also man others out there. Look up Portable Guitars Amps on Google, or something similar.
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
You could get a battery powered mini amp, or strum harder. That's one that rocks about strats, their unplugged tone is stunning and the trem spring chamber is larger enough that it'll actually make some sound unplugged.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Get the vox amplug
100w Peavey Valveking Head
Mesa Rectifier 4x12 Standard Cab
Ibanez RG 321
Boss DD-7
iSP Decimator x2
BBE Boosta Grande
Modded Crybaby
MXR Blue Box
Numark Power Conditioner
Korg DTR-1000
I beleve its called an acoustic guitar :p

but seriously though like everyone else has said if you're playing so others can hear you get one of those mini battery powered amps if its just so you can hear yourself get one of those amp plugs you can put headphones into or their are some battery powered amps that have a headphones out so you can have both.
maybe a roland micro cube or a marshall ms2 mini amp
My Gear:
EspLtd ec-1000 ]
Epi Les Paul
dean avalanche (project guitar)
C.F. Martin/ Sigma DR-41
C.F. Martin CS-1 classical
Vox Valvetronix tonelab ST
C.F.Martin/ Sigma D-12
vox amplug, any headphone amp, or if your not on a budget, a line6 pocket pod express or korg pandora
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
i feel stupid to ask this but vox amplug doesnt have amplification by itself right? you have to plug it to somewhere? its just a preamp? also is there anything that can both give sound and have good tone at that size if vox cant do it?
Quote by blind.quardian
i feel stupid to ask this but vox amplug doesnt have amplification by itself right? you have to plug it to somewhere? its just a preamp? also is there anything that can both give sound and have good tone at that size if vox cant do it?

aaa batteries, take ur pick of the 3. i have the classic rock. plug amplug into your guitar, headset to amplug, and your rocking. simple, small, convenient and to be honest sounds as good as most amps.
yes headphones work but you need that kind of stuff right it just doesnt give out sound like an amp without plugging any speaker or headphones?
Try something in the Digitech RP range or maybe some kind of Pod with headphones.
Gibson Les Paul Studio with Catswhiskers pickups
PRS SE 'Floyd' Custom 24 with Creamery pickups
Fender Standard Stratocaster with DiMarzio pickups
Takamine GN30
BluGuitar AMP1
Quote by blind.quardian
yes headphones work but you need that kind of stuff right it just doesnt give out sound like an amp without plugging any speaker or headphones?

sorry please rephrase, didnt quite understand if thats a question or statement.

headphones for the amplug is all thats needed. i would suggest open headies, closed headies will sound like poop unless you spend big.

u can get decent enough open headies for less than $50, i think the k75's?