it's always difficult for me to
make a final decision...

if you can come up with any reason why I should not buy a screamer 50 please let me know.

my guitar: Jackson kv2
musical interests: heavy metal mostly (children of bodom, sinergy, kalmah, nevermore, wintersun, warmen)

other top bands I play: Paul Gilbert, megadeth, maiden, judas priest, Zeppelin, floyd ,rush, eric Johnson

I'm mostly into heavy metal tho.

If you think you know a better fit for me within the 1500$ price range please let me know!

p.s. this will be used at my house. I do not and will not be gigging
Jackson KV2 USA Snow White/Black Bevels
I don't know man, you have alot of options with 1500 so it's really what you like best. The ENGL screamer 50 is a great sounding combo amp, and all ENGLs sounds relatively good at lower volumes compared to other tube amps. Its a rock solid amp.
WTLTL 2011
^ 1

main reason not to get one is that in the USA you have an awful lot of options at $1500, and obviously US-built stuff will likely be better value than Engls...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
you have an awful lot of options at $1500

can you guys name a few? I have looked around, and for the type of music I play, i really didnt see any option better than this engl.

I dont really know a whole lot about amps, I knkow FAR more about guitars, and the majority of my buddies never had enough money to really invest in a solid tube so i cant get any advice there.

any opinions or suggestions are warmly welcomed, thats for sure!
Mesa? You're in the USA afterall
Ibanez PGM301 signed by Paul Gilbert
Ibanez PGM 500
Ibanez Fireman custom
Saving for a GH100L/VH100R
Orange PPC212 2X12
off the top of my head...

mesa (as sharpant said), soldano, vht, splawn, bogner (might be over budget), peavey, genz benz etc.

probably a bunch of really obvious ones i'm forgetting...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
lol well brand names dont help me much,

could you guys suggest some models within my price range that would suit my genre interests?

would be super helpful, thanks
Rivera knucklehead, plenty of gain on tap, great cleans, not positive it's in your budget.
Splawn quickrod and Nitro are good, may be hard to try one.
Peavey JSX is worth a spin.
Peavey 6505 is worth a look as well.
Peavey XXX worth a look as well
Bogner alchemist isn't bad, don't know if it'll have enough gain for you, but it's worth a try.
Mesa Rectifier is worth a look.
Mark IV, III, F30/50, DC3/5 all worth a look, all out of production so they're used.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
too add to those, vht deliverance and ultralead/pittbull, soldano avenger, genz benz el diablo...
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?