I bought my Schecter Classic last year and its I guess 7 years old now. It doesn't play that well now and I was wandering if paying $50 for someone professional to fix the action would be worth it. I've already tried everything to it (adjusted the bridge, tried new strings, adjust truss rod, all that jazz). Do you think it would be worth it because I don't want to waste my money.
Rhythm Harmony Melody
what's wrong with it? can you pinpoint the problem?
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Quote by jj1565
what's wrong with it? can you pinpoint the problem?

Pretty much this.

Knowing a problem can help us narrow down the solutions to help it.

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
The problem is that there is fret buzz expecially on the the low E string. It just doesn't feel right. Its hard to play cords because the strings don't resonate enough. My action isn't even that low but if I heighten it enough to make the fret buzz go away then its pretty high. Like more than it ever should be. The higher I go up the fret board the less my strings have sustain and some don't ring at all. I know these all sound like common problems but I mean I really have done what I can for it. After all it hasn't been for a tune up in 7 years. Its bound to have something wrong with it I just can't fix.
Rhythm Harmony Melody
Are any of the frets sticking out/sharp? Replaced the strings recently? Try that.

Maybe a pro set-up will be worth it, if you haven't been maintaining it yourself for 7 years; but it might just be you're missing something. Sounds to me like your action is too low, or possibly, your neck needs adjustment (Be careful, and this is a definite pro job if you're not sure what you're doing!)
It's 50 bucks, it's not that much.
Also
I bought my Schecter Classic last year and its I guess 7 years old now

wut
Quote by The Spoon
I think this man wins the thread.

Quote by ZeGuitarist
We have a winner.
2nd hand lol
Quote by Demonikk
'Practice amp' = amp you practice with? In my case, Peavey 6505+ and 4x12
I don't do things small

Except children.
well there is always a option called used equipment so even if you bought it just yesterday it can be 10 years old also TS your truss rod can have a problem try fretting first and last ( or 20 or 17 idk very detailed) frets of your guitar and check the height of the string at 7th fret. there should be like half mm gap between them if not your truss rod has some problem you can check it this way.
I would find a guitar shop with a good reputation and let them have a look at it. Most things can be fixed easily enough by an experienced pro. At least then they can tell you what is wrong with it and you can then decide what to do. For me having a guitar you can't trust when you play it is no fun.

I had my strat setup by a good guitar shop and now all I do it take it out and play without giving the guitar setup a second thought. The only adjustment I have to make is to tune it now and then.
Quote by blind.quardian
well there is always a option called used equipment so even if you bought it just yesterday it can be 10 years old

Oh true, I feel so stupid
Anyways, what gauge of strings have u got?
And in what tuning is the guitar?
Quote by The Spoon
I think this man wins the thread.

Quote by ZeGuitarist
We have a winner.
Quote by SOCOOLITHURTS
The problem is that there is fret buzz expecially on the the low E string. It just doesn't feel right. Its hard to play cords because the strings don't resonate enough. My action isn't even that low but if I heighten it enough to make the fret buzz go away then its pretty high. Like more than it ever should be. The higher I go up the fret board the less my strings have sustain and some don't ring at all. I know these all sound like common problems but I mean I really have done what I can for it. After all it hasn't been for a tune up in 7 years. Its bound to have something wrong with it I just can't fix.

click the green link in my sig.

sounds like a neck relief problem.

read about, and measure the neck, instructions in the first post.

then post back here with results.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Quote by blind.quardian
well there is always a option called used equipment so even if you bought it just yesterday it can be 10 years old

So true.
I bought my BC Rich in June, and it's 19 years old.
7-String Legion
Quote by TheJem
Justice4AllOne pretty much mentioned all of my ideas so yeah...pointless pun post.

Quote by MightySumo
Thanks fer settin me straight on that Justice

Quote by oneblackened
I was thinking that too, Justice usually seems like a pretty knowledgeable guy.