I heard some the other night on a station I listen to and thought it'd be good to pick up some Spanish rock. But besides the Mars Volta and Santana, I don't really know any; either modern or classic. Can anyone recommend me some?
those guys Mana? havent really heard them but the people here in Miami rave about them :\
check em out if you want.
PS3

Fear the LIME

X
sidewinder by avenged sevenfold

has an absolutely sick spanish guitar breakdown/solo. although they're not a spanish band by any means, the spanish acoustic guitar in that song is frickin sweet.
lBlUlTlTlSlElClKlSl
My Anti-Drug
Do you mean spanish influenced, members or the language in which it is sung? Also a little more specific on what genre of rock.
Heroes Del Silencio.
~don't finkdinkle when ur supposed to be dimpdickin~
Listen to Rockon1824, he knows what he's talking about.

But more importantly: Grupo Fantasma and Orchestra Harlow. Those were some of the greatest rock/salsa groups ever.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
El Tri, Soda Stereo (Alt rock-like), Molotov (Beasty Boys RATM/rap rock esque), Cafe Tacuba (alternative) and Mana (very much like "The Police") should be good if you want the lyrics to be on Spanish, idk what to say if what you wanted was spanish-influenced. The bands i said are the most popular ones, never been too much into spanish rock though
Last edited by el rulfo at Feb 10, 2009,
Definitely Mana, I have a Latino friend who's obsessed with them. He told me the two most popular bands in Mexico are Pearl Jam (duh) and Mana. Their drummer is a God and their guitarist is superb. His solos have sort of a Carlos Santana/Steve Vai feel.
Quote by stevenpollock
You can't be successful in Jazz music until you're at least 40. You don't have anything to say.
the mars volta? spanish influenced and some spanish songs... although its still prog and everything

Saying the Red Hot Chili Peppers have no talent is like saying Guy Fawkes didn't have an epic mustache.
The closest thing to spanish rock I know of is "Pretty Fly for a White Guy" by the Offspring haha "...uno, dos, tres, cuatro, cinco, cinco sies..." haha I'm sorry
I defecate all over my clothes to get extra protected
Roses are Red
Violets are Bitchin
God Dammit Woman
Get Back in the Kitchen