Well, pretty simply can anyone reccomend me some good 7 string guitars for around £400. Maybe £500 but lets keep it simple?

Anyway I play metal really and want a 7 string to reduce the amount of retuning I have to do and to get a greater range. I'd love a Ibanex XPT707 (Or whatever their name is) but they're almost twice the price I'm looking for.
Oh and I want one with a fixed bridge unless someone can tell me why I should get a floating bridge on a 7 string. Cheers.
Last edited by Jaketh at Feb 2, 2009,
Ibby 7 string?
Quote by Demonikk
'Practice amp' = amp you practice with? In my case, Peavey 6505+ and 4x12
I don't do things small

Except children.
Ibanez RG7321, £300, fixed bridge.
Gear:
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez GRG170DX
Peavey Vypyr 75
Fender Princeton 650 DSP w/ Celestion 80w speaker
Ibanez, ESP/LTD, and Jackson all make 7-string models and they are all brands that make top notch "metal guitars". Definitely worth checking them out if you are able to do so.
Quote by Friendly Stoat
Ibanez RG7321, £300, fixed bridge.

I was considering one of these but I was wondering if I could get something better for a bit more.
schecter makes really nice 7 strings for a very reasonable price
Total Failure

If every dream is a wish, then to dream of zombies is to wish for an appetite without responsibility
I've heard those Agile 7's are pretty good.
Ibanez SZ320
Peavey 6505+
Marshall 1960B
Dunlop Wah
Dano EQ
Quote by by_guitar11
I've heard those Agile 7's are pretty good.

Import taxes to get them into England are ridiculous, however.

If you can find one second hand, TS, check it out.
Quote by Mazzakazza
RG1257s are pretty common, available easily in that price range; TS could block the trem. Not hard.

this, if they are that available in the said price range, go for it.
Quote by Demonikk
'Practice amp' = amp you practice with? In my case, Peavey 6505+ and 4x12
I don't do things small

Except children.
****ing economic reccesion. Can't get anything for the damn pound so I can only really use British sites. That sucks.
Used RG7620 or 7621 if you can find one in good condition.A 7321 would be good if you want to go cheap and new,plus you could probably swap the pups out with the cash you have left over.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

Quote by Oh Shize
Schecter Jeff Loomis.

very metal.
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!