As the title says. I have a Behringer strat copy at home which I don't play on and want to do something fun with it. I don't have so much money to spend, just enough for paint and clear coating. I've been thinking of redoing the body a bit. Nothing drastic, mainly because I'm limited by the pick guard, but I want to "soften it up" a bit. So, do any of you have any suggestions of what I can do?

EDIT: I am going to repaint it in some way, but is there anything else I can do? By the way, I have installed a killswitch so that's out of the question :P
Last edited by Snytbaggen at Feb 2, 2009,
smash it up, paint it bright colours and call it 'the murderscene'
I'LL ALWAYS NEED THIS
I'LL ALWAYS NEED YOU
Quote by Robbbbb
smash it up, paint it bright colours and call it 'the murderscene'

I think I forgot to mention that I want to be able to play on it afterwards
Paint it? Frankinstrat is a popular style. Spray it white and get somebody you know that can draw to doodle on it before you clear coat?
,___,
[O.¬] - WTF?
/)__)
-"--"-
Quote by unininium
Paint it? Frankinstrat is a popular style. Spray it white and get somebody you know that can draw to doodle on it before you clear coat?

Hey, that's a good idea! Would a regular CD marker do the job?
Quote by eyebanez333
Quote by unininium
Paint it? Frankinstrat is a popular style.

+1

Frankenstrat?
Last edited by Snytbaggen at Feb 2, 2009,
Quote by Sad But False
scallop

The only reason I'm not considering this is because the neck isn't very nice. I like the sound on the guitar, but as a friend said, "it doesn't feel like the strings belong to the guitar", if you know what I mean.

EDIT: Or will it be easier to play if I scallop? I don't know so much about scalloping.
Frankenstrats are great but everyone does it to strat copies. I'd do something different. Are you just looking at the paint job mainly or are you looking at hardware aswell?
Quote by EmsLa
Frankenstrats are great but everyone does it to strat copies. I'd do something different. Are you just looking at the paint job mainly or are you looking at hardware aswell?

I can't really afford to buy anything else than paint and coating, and I'm mostly doing this just for fun and to get some experience. So at this point i can't afford to change any hardware, but I've been thinking of altering the body a little bit.
well since it plays bad go ahead and scallop, you can always replace the neck if you don't like it. A frankenstrat with scallops would be awesome
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7
I don't know how to count canadians, the metric system is hard

Quote by gregs1020
well if lbj pokes his head in here and there's no nuts shit's gonna go doooooooowwwwwwwwwn.

{Pedalboard Thread Native: The Muffin Man}
Racing stripe.

Find a cheap Squier Strat on CL and replace your guitar's neck with that one. Or just mod the Squier.
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
Quote by Natrone
Racing stripe.

Find a cheap Squier Strat on CL and replace your guitar's neck with that one. Or just mod the Squier.

I will replace the neck some time, since I like the sound of the guitar. But I can't afford that right now and will just paint the guitar / scallop the neck.

This may be a stupid question, but does a frankenstrat have to be black/white/red? I'm asking since the guitar is already black, and I have a can of yellow paint somewhere :P

It's time for me to sleep now, but I will check this thread again in the morning.
no it doesnt have to be those colors, and different colors will just make your guitar more individual
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7

Quote by gregs1020
well if lbj pokes his head in here and there's no nuts shit's gonna go doooooooowwwwwwwwwn.

^That.

Personally, if I ever do a frankenstrat (which I don't think I will. I like racing stripes) I would do black, kawasaki green, and white.
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
^That would be sick, but Arctic Cat green instead of Kowasaki green
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7

Quote by gregs1020