A few of my friends are moving out the second they can legally move out (I guess it's 17?)
One of them works at Kroger, earns 6.55 an hour + gets charged for a union, but claims he can live off of $1000 a month social security. He says he's tired of his mom's bull**** and is moving out at the end of the month.
Another works at McD's and makes 7.40 an hour and hates his parents as well and is moving out ASAP.

Am I the only one that isn't stupid enough to get in trouble with their parents all day? I plan on staying here with my parents as long as possible (not until I'm 50, but until I get a stable income) cause I actually enjoy not having to pay bills.
Quote by RPGoof
A few of my friends are moving out the second they can legally move out (I guess it's 17?)
One of them works at Kroger, earns 6.55 an hour + gets charged for a union, but claims he can live off of $1000 a month social security. He says he's tired of his mom's bull**** and is moving out at the end of the month.
Another works at McD's and makes 7.40 an hour and hates his parents as well and is moving out ASAP.

Am I the only one that isn't stupid enough to get in trouble with their parents all day? I plan on staying here with my parents as long as possible (not until I'm 50, but until I get a stable income) cause I actually enjoy not having to pay bills.

Sorry, would you like some cheese with that whine?
They've got themselves a ticket outta loserville.

Good on you though.

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
Totally.
It's not that easy out on your own with a **** job.
I had to move back home.
Upside is no bills/rent/whatever.
Quote by SteveHouse
This thread is officially about sucking Sleaze off for a sig.

Quote by tayroar
Hey Sleaze I'll give you a blowjob if you sig me. Maybe even some nudey photos?

Quote by crazy8rgood

Sleaze, that made me lulz in my pants.

Quote by 36mikeyb36
hahaha Sleaze i'd give you my mom for that one.
Move out or don't frankly I don't give a fuck.
Let's not bicker and argue about who killed who...
Quote by Necrophagist777
I'm ORION, LORD OF EVIL, give me your soul and breathe in my darkness.

YOU WILL NOT ENJOY THIS......
╭∩╮( º.º )╭∩╮
It's a fair point, my family annoy me sometimes but I wont move out until i'm a fair bit older and can support myself.
I mean yeah it'd be cool to have my house/apartment to do whatever I want to in, but it's not really worth all the effort unless I've got a stable income.
Quote by RPGoof

your friend isn't eligible for social security - not sure what the f*** he's talking about
gear
[="======================"]
ESP-LTD EX400 (black)
ESP-LTD Truckster (primer)
ESP-LTD MX130 (black)
Boss MT-2
Crate GX-60c [stock chorus/reverb]
Yea, i have a buddy who moved out as soon as he finished high school and lived with his gf in a basement suite in a pretty crappy part of the city. She worked in a grocery store, he worked in a few different ones. Anyways, they had their fun, broke up, and now he moved back in with his folks and is now contemplating going to some sort of technical or trades school. He actually himself admitted that he pretty much wasted 2 years and could probably be working as a Journeyman somewhere right now with a stable income.
Gear:
Jackson Dinky DK2L
Epiphone LP Standard
Yamaha Acoustic
Bugera 1990 w/ Peavey 2x12 cab
There are different circumstances with every story. With some people it's best that they do move out as soon as they can, they clash to much with their parents. I plan on doing so because I honestly am sick of being lied to and manipulated by my mother. It's said, because in many ways my father and my mother are saints, but there's no way I'm putting up with her **** given another option.
Founder of UG's David Bowie Fan Club. Pm to join.

Founder of UG's "Rockers against being freakishly skinny" Club. PM to join.
65-17=48. That's how many years your friend has until he's eligible for social security. Your friend is an idiot. Even working full time, 7.40/hr would be hard to live off of if you have all your own bills.
The setup:
Fender MIM Fat Strat (midnight wine)
Fender Blues DeVille 410
Digitech GNX3 Multi-effect
Fender CD140SCE Acoustic-Electric
If you do stay home, when you are of age to move out you should help your parents pay bills. It is the least you can do. That or pay them some form of rent.
Quote by Tyler Durden
It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything.

Erowid
Quote by Cobain_Is_King

Sorry

Aye man, move out. You'll get to walk around naked and shit.

i disagree, living with your parents does not affect your ability to poop
In all honesty, they're gunna move out right away, and aren't gunna be able to afford it, unless they roomate together inside of a cardboard box. They're gunna be begging their parents to move back in after six months and being in debt and will spend a couple years putting themselves to the point where they could move out again, meanwhile you just stay at home at save your money the whole time. Things like this happened with my friends before, it's just useless to move out when you work at McDonald's and you don't have no one to live with.
1992 Gibson Explorer (Seymour Duncan '59 neck, Custom Custom bridge)
Jackson King V Professional Std. (Seymour Duncan Invaders)
Mesa/Boogie Nomad 55
Mesa/Boogie 412 Recto. O/S Cabinet
Boss ME-50
MXR 10-Band EQ
Your friends won't move out, and if they do, they'll get evicted for not making rent and move back home.

I've got it pretty sweet. I was like you and didn't really want to move out yet, but my parents moved to North Carolina, so I thought I was screwed, until they let my girlfriend and I have one of their apartments. Pay all the bills, but save 500 bucks a month on rent.

No rent and no parents plus a woman. Sweet.

Quote by Fassa Albrecht
You've got more sense. Living in a place of your own is expensive and is also lonely.

You should probably get some friends.
The DNA results show that Jeremy Kyle is a nob.

Quote by titsmcgee852
I want to look at your sexual naked body.
Im going to live with my parents until I'm 18 then move into a house that they own but i'd pay rent, I'd probably do that until a couple years after college.
My obligatory gear list

Guitars
Schecter C-1 Classic
Gibson SG Special
1987 Fender Strat
Epiphone PR-150

Amp and Effects
Peavey Valveking 112
Boss DD-6
Crybaby Wah-wah
Ibanez TS-9DX
Banshee 2 Talkbox

Crit plz! Wh ore of Gommorah
Quote by Cobain_Is_King

Aye man, move out. You'll get to walk around naked and shit.

he makes a good point lol
Very Orange CARVIN DC 700
PRS SE Custom - crunch lab&PAF pro
Ibanez GRX40 - modified
Peavey Valveking 112 w/ 2x12 cab

Originally Posted by Shirate
The guitar, the only beautiful female that looks better with the top ON haha

Transformice
Quote by RPGoof
Am I the only one that isn't stupid enough to get in trouble with their parents all day?

Congratulations for having nice parents. Some parents just squeeze their children tighter thinking it will make them more likely to stay.

As in my case, where my mother throws a bitch fit whenever I spend the night at a friend's house.

Which is part of the reason I love college so much. All the freedom of living on my own, minus the paying the bills part.
My mate's mum left home when she was 14. I don't think it was through choice though. Good luck to them, I don't think you'll be able to change their mind, I guess they'll just have to live with what will probably be a bad decision.
Looking to buy a Fender Jagstang, u sellin?
Quote by archangels666
Congratulations for having nice parents. Some parents just squeeze their children tighter thinking it will make them more likely to stay.

As in my case, where my mother throws a bitch fit whenever I spend the night at a friend's house.

Which is part of the reason I love college so much. All the freedom of living on my own, minus the paying the bills part.

Wait, do you want more cheese with that whine?

I've got cheese spare, anyone else need some with their whine? While I'm here an'all...
Quote by Ed Hunter
You should probably get some friends.

This is the biggest load of win since...since.....since....

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
Quote by tushmeister
Wait, do you want more cheese with that whine?

I've got cheese spare, anyone else need some with their whine? While I'm here an'all...

A joke that funny definitely warrants excessive use.
Firefly > You

Trumpet Alliance
Quote by Mr_Kite
A joke that funny definitely warrants excessive use.

I'm tempted to assume that's sarcasm
In which case, would you like some cheese with it?
Quote by archangels666

You've got a good reason.
One of my friends was caught with drugs a few times and only wants to move out so he can smoke weed in peace, and the other was caught sneaking out a few times and jacking his parent's car (he doesn't have his license yet). They pretty much just dug their own holes.
I have yet to be caught with anything, though I stopped doing illegal things.
I work at Kroger and make 6.55 an hour. The $60-80 I make a week is usually gone by the weekend. There's no way that your friend is gonna make it, even if he's quite frugal with his money
Quote by Kensai

Quote by Lots O' FX
Why do you hate America?
Quote by tushmeister
I'm tempted to assume that's sarcasm
In which case, would you like some cheese with it?

Gorgonzola, please.
Firefly > You

Trumpet Alliance
I have both moved out and live with my parents. TAKE THAT SOCIETY!
Quote by SteveHouse
Also you're off topic. This thread is about Reva eating snowmen.
I'm waiting till I'm at least 20... and when that comes, I'll want to share a flat with some mates. I get awful lonely
Ibanez RG350DX
Randall RH150G3
Harley Benton Cab (Shut up.)
Roland Cube 60
Dunlop Wah Wah Pedal.

mmmmm

Guitar fund - £300/???
Help me out guise!!1!
Quote by RPGoof

Is your friend 65 years old? You need to find yourself some new friends. Literally.
"Let's not be too rough on our own ignorance. I mean, after all, it's the thing that makes America great." - Frank Zappa while on the Arsenio Hall Show

Quote by vintage x metal
On a side note, TS, love the username. I'd kill to be under you.
moving out of your parents house the day you can is stupid as hell. trust me, i did it.

the day i turned 18 i figured that i had about enough of my parents BS, so i was going to show them who was boss, and move out. i was still in high school and working a part time job at our local grocery store. i figured that my $150 a week paycheck would be good enough because i was living in an apartment for free in the back of my friends house.

i was dead wrong. with car insurance, a cell phone bill, gas money, food, and all the other incidental expenditures, i was going broke pretty quick. eventually some dude smashed into my car and totaled it, took forever for the insurance to get settled, had to quit my job, then eventually moved back home.

besides all that, it really ****s up your relationship with your parents. i get along great with my parents now (i finally grew up, stopped being a little punk, and my parents realized it was time to let go of me), but nonetheless, its always there. not to mention, it was AWKWARD AS HELL when i moved back in and had to go visit grandparents and other relatives.

and how does your friend think hes going to get social security? that makes no sense.

tl;dr: dont be a punk, move out when you are ready and responsible enough. part time minimum wage job is not enough income to live on your own.
Remember through sounds
Remember through smells
Remember through colors
Remember through towns
-Modest Mouse, "Novocaine Stain"