I've got some of those £10 ones, but they always feel like theyre gonna fall out and i sometimes get ringing in my ears anyway after loud gigs. I need some that will last me quite a long time and are there any that clip over youre ear so they don't come out? About £90 is my limit i think, unless there are some really good ones for a little more.
Quote by duncang
If Varg had any sense of humour, he'd open the album with a cover of Superstition.
Quote by Ripping Corpse
I've got some of those £10 ones, but they always feel like theyre gonna fall out and i sometimes get ringing in my ears anyway after loud gigs. I need some that will last me quite a long time and are there any that clip over youre ear so they don't come out? About £90 is my limit i think, unless there are some really good ones for a little more.

WHAT!?!

Eh..i think i bought planet waves ones that were decent but tend to fall out your ears.
i have some of those cheap white ones....you people aren't actually reading my post
Quote by duncang
If Varg had any sense of humour, he'd open the album with a cover of Superstition.
If you don't want in-ear protection, and are just using them while you practise, try using those construction ear muffs. They're completely hassle-free and guarantee hearing protection. I use them when my practising gets loud.
I'm talking about these, for those who for some reason don't know:

EDIT: Ah, just read you need 'em for gigs... well whatever, nevermind, you'd look a little silly with these at a gig.

Unless you're Paul Gilbert.
Last edited by heaven's gate at Feb 2, 2009,
Quote by heaven's gate
If you don't want in-ear protection, and are just using them while you practise, try using those construction ear muffs. They're completely hassle-free and guarantee hearing protection. I use them when my practising gets loud.
I'm talking about these, for those who for some reason don't know:

id rather in ear really, will be going to gigs and hopefully playing my own soonish
Quote by duncang
Quote by Ripping Corpse
id rather in ear really, will be going to gigs and hopefully playing my own soonish

Yeah, I noticed that and edited it in my post up there^
i have a pair of these and i have used them for going to shows, and jamming at loud volume, they work great and are very inexpensive. They are also easy to clean and fit easily in your ear and wont fall out.

They also have these which are more specifically listed for musicians
Gear:
  • Orange TH30
  • Framus Cobra 4x12
  • Gibson Les Paul Studio
  • Gibson Explorer
  • Taylor 214CE-G
Last edited by Maggot3000 at Feb 2, 2009,
inb4 a million "ear plugs r 4 pussies lolz"
"Bullshit is the glue that binds this nation together."
-George Carlin

The Human Fund: $0.00
PM me to donate
Quote by B4Dkarma
inb4 a million "ear plugs r 4 pussies lolz"

Soon you will sit on the bench
of those who deny I have my soul
You sell a dream you create
Condemned by what you condemned before
Smooth are the words you sing down and high
Underground is your joy your laws
What about those ones you can buy from a chemist or wherever that you squeeze down and they mould inside your ear? They don't fall out THAT easily and are better than nothing.