well, ive been searching for the single high-e Speedloader strings for awhile now. i finally went to my local music store (Sam Ash) and asked one of the guitar sales people to help me find them. he went above and beyond what i expected. he called everyone that he could. he even called some of the higher-up people in Dean Markley(maker of Speedloader strings). yesterday he gave me a call and gave me some shocking news.

It seems that Dean Markley has ended production of the Speedloader strings! they no longer produce them at all. as of right now, no one makes them. ive heard a few rumors that GHS was to start making them but all ive heard are rumors.

so, UG, can u guys help me and the rest of the Speedloader owners out here and try and find out whoose going to make these strings? theyre is still a demand, however small, for them. can you just ask around search the web and help me out here? ive looked everywhere i can.

thanks guys!
The Best Floyd Rose Is A Setup Floyd Rose!

Gear:
STARcaster Strat
Dean Tradition Acoustic
03 B.C. Rich NJ Warlock Speedloader
Xaviere XV-599
Epi 1984 Explorer
Crate GTD65
Epi Valve Jr
Bogner Alchemist Head
Marshall 1960B
I think the guy at Sam Ash is full of **** - Sam Ash just doesn't carry Speedloader strings.

Musician's Friend, Music123, Guitar Center, etc. are all still selling Dean Markley Speedloader strings as well as the Dean Markley website. Also, according to their website, Speedloader strings are still in production.
Sam Ash has like 10 sets in stock. and he called some one up in the head of Dean Markley and they said they had already halted production. but there are still some in stock at most places because they are not a very high flow item.

Gear:
STARcaster Strat
Dean Tradition Acoustic
Xaviere XV-599
Epi 1984 Explorer
Crate GTD65
Epi Valve Jr
Bogner Alchemist Head
Marshall 1960B
Quote by f22master
Sam Ash has like 10 sets in stock. and he called some one up in the head of Dean Markley and they said they had already halted production. but there are still some in stock at most places because they are not a very high flow item.

I was just going by the Sam Ash website - they don't carry them on there.

However the whole "I called Dean Markley" is a load of crap. Never trust employees of Sam Ash or Guitar Center.

*Edit: Scratch that - after a bit more searching I found some on the Sam Ash website as well.
Last edited by i_am_metalhead at Feb 2, 2009,
they are also not on the Dean Markley MSRP price list for '09.

Gear:
STARcaster Strat
Dean Tradition Acoustic
Xaviere XV-599
Epi 1984 Explorer
Crate GTD65
Epi Valve Jr
Bogner Alchemist Head
Marshall 1960B
Alright. I have a little help for you. I e-mailed Dean Markley (something you could have easily done yourself lol) and they said that due to the high demand for their other strings they are not currently producing the Floyd Rose speedloaders, but the production of them should start back up within a month or so. No need to worry - they haven't discontinued them.
yeah i was gonna start emailing people next week. but thanks for your help. thats nice to know.

Gear:
STARcaster Strat
Dean Tradition Acoustic
Xaviere XV-599
Epi 1984 Explorer
Crate GTD65
Epi Valve Jr
Bogner Alchemist Head
Marshall 1960B