does anyone know how to do the really fast wah bit after the first part of the solo? i have a dunlop crybaby wah and the tab but cant work out how i should approach this part of the song. the rest of it im ok with. i need to play the song for my music gcse performance
Do you mean, you already know how to play it but don't know where to use the wah pedal more?
I haven't played this song in a while, I think the scale Slash uses is an E minor Pentatonic. Correct me if I'm wrong. Make sure you're comfortable soloing with this scale, its pretty straight-forward though.

Then, get a metronome and practice it at the fastest tempo you can play it with NO (I mean absolutely NO mistakes), and slowly speed it up from there.
Last edited by Souls United at Feb 2, 2009,
Quote by Souls United
I haven't played this song in a while, I think the scale Slash uses is an E minor Pentatonic.

yeah the first easy bit is in e harmonic minor and i got that down, and then the second bit is in e pentatonic minor with a wah and that's not too hard either but im stuck on the transition between the two parts - its at 3:22

i dont know what technique to use to nail it, whether its just legato or tapped or what?
Quote by wardyh
yeah the first easy bit is in e harmonic minor and i got that down, and then the second bit is in e pentatonic minor with a wah and that's not too hard either but im stuck on the transition between the two parts - its at 3:22

i dont know what technique to use to nail it, whether its just legato or tapped or what?

Its just a series of hammer ons going up the neck.
Quote by wardyh
does anyone know how to do the really fast wah bit after the first part of the solo? i have a dunlop crybaby wah and the tab but cant work out how i should approach this part of the song. the rest of it im ok with. i need to play the song for my music gcse performance

I know this is an older post and wasn't sure if you found an answer yet. While browsing the net for something totally unrelated, I found a youtube video of a guitar instructor that showed exactly what you are looking for. He had a picture-in-picture video of the sweet child solo in question. The main camera focused on him and the inset was on his wah. If you need help with the link let me know.
Guitars
Les Paul Standard
B.C. Rich Warlock Platinum Series
Fender F-3 Acoustic
Amps & Effects
Line 6 Spider III
Fender Sidekick
Boss DS-1
(Vintage) Morley Fuzz Wah PWF
Last edited by affrey at Mar 28, 2009,