I was about to go pratice on my AS73, when I noticed something...

The input jack is GONE. I think it is in the guitar, but I have NO idea how to get it out.
Can anyone give me some help?
Not familiar with the guitar, let me look at some pictures.

EDIT:

****, man, I was hoping it was a pickguard model.

Well, it's hollow, correct? Semi-hollow, I mean. Shake the guitar, see if it's in there.

If it is, which it should be or you're ****ed, try jimmying it into the hole it presumably left in the body through the sound holes (if possible).

Good luck.
I was an Internet Witness in the mike.h Murder Case.
Quote by Pauldapro
this man is right. everything he says is right. so, stop killing people and get therapy ffs
Last edited by Chris_Parker at Feb 2, 2009,
**** You gotta kidding me!

Yeah its a semi-hollow... ****!!!

No pets, its been sitting in my locked case for a few days
Last edited by Flare at Feb 2, 2009,
How did this happen?
I was an Internet Witness in the mike.h Murder Case.
Quote by Pauldapro
this man is right. everything he says is right. so, stop killing people and get therapy ffs
take a pic itll be much easier to help, you could get it out if its semi acoustic but itll take some work
Quote by boreamor
Ah very good point. Charlie__flynn, you've out smarted me

People
should
smile
more

crit4crit on 'acoustic 1 (with piano)' here

Rate my playing skills please.
I have no idea. I plugged my dord in, and noticed that I wasn't getting any resistance or signal I made contact.

I looked, and freaked out.
Something sortof similar to this happened at our HS Jazz band once, the screws on the bassist's input jack came off, and the input was pushed inside. She fished around inside of it and pulled it back out, and all was fine. Hope this helps.
same thing happened to me....try using a slender piece of metal or plastic to move it to the hole....then using patience wait for it to come out...when it does yank it outward........wow....this sounds like 'The Talk' I had with my mentally deranged parents...they do not give good advice
Quote by Flare

first, shake it to make sure it is indeed in there. you can get it back out, but its going to take some work. i personally would take a metal shirt hanger, straighten it out, and bend the tip of it to make a kind of a hook. make two of these.

than you can put one through the f hole and try and push it closer to the hole where it fell into the guitar, than take your other one, and stick it into the hole the jack fell in from and try to grab it. its going to take some effort and time, but it seems you dont really have a choice.
Quote by Mo Jiggity
What he said. You are a wise man for not buying into the hype.

ya hear that...he thinks im wise
I tried the coat ahnger trick and pushed it in deeper...

I set it off my my guitar shop and I'm hoping they can accomplish the task T_T
i have the exact same guitar, ibanez artcore AS 73, i actually don't recommend that you try to fish it out yourself, especially with a foreign object. the AS73s usually aren't very sturdily wired, poking around the wiring is a sure way to cause more damage. take it to a professional.