Hi, I am looking to buy a new guitar, but I am torn over a Gretsch Double Jet or an Ibanez JTK2. My price limit is $500, and I don't play metal. Any suggestions?
What do you play?
I was an Internet Witness in the mike.h Murder Case.
Quote by Pauldapro
this man is right. everything he says is right. so, stop killing people and get therapy ffs
Anything except metal, adult alternative and rap. Mostly garage rock, blues, jazz, southern rock, country, anything. Except those three listed above.
Jet Kings are cool, but Gretsch just has great quality, so I'd say the Gretsch.
Quote by Pauldapro
this man is right. everything he says is right. so, stop killing people and get therapy ffs
yeah the gretsch seems better suited for your playing...
STEAM: beachhhhhhhh

Quote by cornmancer
Please daddy, just for one hour.
If you dont play metal i would reccomend the gretsch as ibanez are focussed on metal players. And gretsch sound great for what ou wannaplay
Quote by boreamor
Ah very good point. Charlie__flynn, you've out smarted me

People
should
smile
more

crit4crit on 'acoustic 1 (with piano)' here

Rate my playing skills please.
Quote by Chris_Parker
Jet Kings are cool, but Gretsch just has great quality, so I'd say the Gretsch.

+1
Quote by charlie__flynn
If you dont play metal i would reccomend the gretsch as ibanez are focussed on metal players. And gretsch sound great for everything

Not so, Ibanez recently came out with a line of full and semi-hollow guitars. How much metal do you see with those?

And fixed.
Quote by Pauldapro
Gretsch ftw.
Epiphone Elitist SG (Serious)
Tokai Silver Star
Epiphone Dot
Epiphone Les Paul
Washburn J28SCEDL
Washburn J12S

G.A.S List

JCM600 (Yes a 600..)
Quote by charlie__flynn
If you dont play metal i would reccomend the gretsch as ibanez are focussed on metal players. And gretsch sound great for what ou wannaplay

FAIL.

Jetkings are not metal oriented guitars at all. Ibanez make more then just RGs ya know.
No gods, no countries, no masters.
More guitar, less Ultimate-Guitar.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Ibanez SZ520/Ibanez ORM-1/Ibanez RG7321/Pocket POD/Crate GX/Boss HM-2
Alright guys, let's focus on the main question though. And if you have any suggestions of your own, that would be great too! I'm always open to new ideas.
Filtertrons don't have that thick tone humbuckers give (the JTK1 has humbuckers, right?). They'll sound quite different.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by oneblackened
Filtertrons don't have that thick tone humbuckers give (the JTK1 has humbuckers, right?). They'll sound quite different.

$500 Gretsches don't come with Filtertrons. The Double Jet comes with Gretsch min-buckers. Nothing against the Ibanez, but I would the Gretsch all day long over it.
Last edited by steve108819 at Feb 2, 2009,
Gretsch.

/thread
Quote by necrosis1193
John Entwistle once in a while. I had to try to find him when I saw The Who two years ago.

Quote by sticksause
butthose bagpipes sound awesome.