Well there's recording software's that are very expensive and some that are free. For example Between Cubase and Audacity.

They all do one purpose and that's to record? What's the difference between each recording process of each software?
Its all about workflow and profesionalism. I

Cubase looks and feels better, has better inbuilt plugins, is a hell of alot more stable, alot better with midi.
Pro tools is the industry standard, not so good on midi but everything that you need is inbuilt.
Logic is amazing for midi and samples etc, but is a VERY powerful program, steep learning curve but worth it.
Digital performer is another midi focused program that is a bit more powerful midi wise than logic but weaker in recording.

Basically most of it is compatibility, how profesional it is, how stable it is, what the workflow is like, some are missing features, some can do things alot better than others. Personally i would NEVER use free software because it doesn't do enough for me, i use some advanced features of logic i KNOW that other programs dont have and i wish logic had features that protools does. You just have to have a happy medium.
When Working with these recording software's, does it affect any sound or tone?

Because right now I'm playing through guitar rig 3 and wanting record some stuff down. That's why I asked..
Tone wise technically it should be the same every time, its just the advanced features, its like people who record with garageband, IMO its utter crap because it has no features i need, but it sounds exactly the same.
Quote by doommaker
Tone wise technically it should be the same every time, its just the advanced features, its like people who record with garageband, IMO its utter crap because it has no features i need, but it sounds exactly the same.

What are some of these features your Talking about?
well for one the standard plugins are NOWHERE near as good, sonically or feature wise.
Also things like adjusting region lengths by locators, advanced automation, routing options, audio to midi (yes you can actually get midi data from a monophonic sound source its awesome!) actually alot of time control features (region stretching without losing pitch etc), the midi features, video scoring, inbuilt soundbank, how stable it is, how it deals with takes,

too many to list off the top of my head, but i know that garageband would only be good to me if everyone got everything absolutely perfect every time. that includes levels, compression etc, i'd only use it if i was recording analogue, but wanted to bounce to a digital file. Logic, i can do it all.

Unless your actually doing proper demos/EPs and getting payed for it, audacity is fine.
Quote by doommaker
well for one the standard plugins are NOWHERE near as good, sonically or feature wise.
Also things like adjusting region lengths by locators, advanced automation, routing options, audio to midi (yes you can actually get midi data from a monophonic sound source its awesome!) actually alot of time control features (region stretching without losing pitch etc), the midi features, video scoring, inbuilt soundbank, how stable it is, how it deals with takes,

too many to list off the top of my head, but i know that garageband would only be good to me if everyone got everything absolutely perfect every time. that includes levels, compression etc, i'd only use it if i was recording analogue, but wanted to bounce to a digital file. Logic, i can do it all.

Unless your actually doing proper demos/EPs and getting payed for it, audacity is fine.

That's sounds really confusing. I might be in the market on getting the Cubase software. Right I'm using Audacity. It's ok but, I would like to experiment with other recording software programs...

Is cubase user friendly or is it hard and complicated? Because I'm really nooby when it comes to recording...
Quote by doommaker
You could always see if cubase has a demo or something, i'm not the one to ask about cubase, apparently its easier than logic and i found logic pretty easy.

Out of all the Recording Programs. Which One is best for beginners and is very good?
Quote by doommaker
I'd say audacity just because its free, but you won't go wrong with cubase. Someone else will probably drop in and say something too.

Hey doommaker thanks for the help man. Also, that was very fast replying each other . I'll give the Cubase some testing...
Cubase is the best. Done. You should get Cubase AI4 that's the one I use and it is very user-friendly. Only took me a few hours to learn the basics. You always keep learning. It comes with Yamaha and Alesis Mixers etc. Cubase Has good effects too. Very good Reverb and dynamics effects. It's got tremolo, wah wah, flanger, echo, delay, distortion, compression and a whole bunch of other stuff. It's also got in-depth tutorials with it so that will help you out a lot.