hi

recently i get a bass and i want to start to learn.. I have basic notions and similars to guitar.. i know there's a thread of musics to start, but i would like a personal opinion of a bassist.. I already play the intro of californiacation and the middle bass riff of orion by metallica..
what the first songs that you played on bass?

thanks in advance
Dani California - Chilis, but i love slap.
Quote by maroon5mustdie

I, myself, choose not to have sex. My parents probably did, so therefore it is uncool. Maybe next you can start wearing sweater-vests. Fag.
a lot of Rage Against the Machine, the entire self titled album is fairly easy. Lots of Red Hot Chili Peppers: Fortune faded, don't forget me, suck my kiss.
yeah +1 to RATM
Quote by maroon5mustdie

I, myself, choose not to have sex. My parents probably did, so therefore it is uncool. Maybe next you can start wearing sweater-vests. Fag.
Quote by slappysquirrel
i learned a lot of ratm starting out. lol you could try james brown stuff that's all easy too

yah i´l try RATM, RHCP and Muse
lol james brown...

thanks all
my first full song was
a thing called love - the darkness
then the more well known queen bass lines
another one bites the dust and under pressure
DONT RISK IT, BUY A BASS AMP
I too just started playing bass after playing lead/rhythm guitar for 20 years. Plain and simple I just got sick of ****ing bass players who couldn't ****ing play. If you want something done right, do it yourself. So, I bought a bass and small practice amp. Then comes the dilemma... what do you learn? I had always listened to guitar parts in songs. Bass, not so much. But now I'm listening for them, so here's a few suggestions of what I've been working on...

Money - Pink Floyd (classic bass riff... and other Pink Floyd tunes)
Tom Sawyer - Rush (or any Rush tune really, Geddy Lee ****ing rocks!)
Another One Bites The Dust - Queen (and other Queen tunes)

Bands.... Led Zeppelin, Black Sabbath, Iron Maiden, OLD Kiss, Chili Peppers, Ugly Kid Joe (especially Menace to Sobriety, lots of great bass on that album), The Refreshments (another personal fave, the Fizzy, Fuzzy, Big & Buzzy album).
I started off playing Paranoid by Sabbath.For Whom The Bell Tolls is another really good bass song to start off with.