Hi,

I have an effects loop on my guitar amp and I want to buy a low impedance rack mount EQ. The Alesis 230. This will be on my effects loop. Eventually, I want to buy stomp boxes. However, I won't be able to put these on my effects loop because of the low impedance Alesis 230.

So I will have to plug my guitar into the stomp boxes and then the stomp boxes into the amp. Will this be OK, that is, is it OK if I don't put my stomp boxes on the effects loop. will I still get a good sound. If not, I won't buy the Alesis 230. I want to buy the 230 because it is a digital EQ and I can store my eq presets.

Thanks in advance for your help.
What stomp boxes do you want? Most guitar pedals are extremely low impedance. Most FX pedals have an impedance around or less than 100 Kilohms and guitar amp inputs have an impedance of 1 Megohm. It really shouldn't matter I don't think.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
I'd recommend not using a low impedance device with a high impedance device, such as a guitar amp. The mismatch can cause problems with audio levels and can also effect the frequency response. If you had the schematic of the EQ and knew what you were doing, you could actually change the input and output impedance to match the amp. I don't have the schematic in front of me, but the components that need changing are going to be right after, or right before the RCA jacks. I know that doesn't help a whole lot.
^True, you'll be losing volume and especially high end respone, although less so when running through a good FX loop.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs