Howdy folks. I'm searching for a good AutoWah that can be used well with moderate cleans, and light-to-average amounts of distortion. I want to use it in combination with the Killswitch on my guitar, and my Whammy.

Budget? At this point, nothing is really limiting. Still saving, so I'll have a good amount of money by the time I've decided.

Current Gear?

Amp: Line 6 LD300 Pro. Bass amp, but I like the low end. Don't tell me to save up instead for a guitar amp. I like this amp, and it's what I need for the time being.

Pedals: RP250, Whammy IV, Screamin' Blues, Clyde McCoy Wah, MXR 10-band EQ, TU-2 Tuner.

Guitar: B.C. Rich Mockingbird w/ Seymour Duncan Jazz in the Neck, Pearly Gates in the bridge.

Music Styles? Varied. Avant-Garde metal, funk, electronica. I like calmer music as well. Think Buckethead (Electric Tears), where Auto Wah is used. I don't really want to copy this, but I do like how it sounds.

Searching for an artist's tone? No.
When you saw me sleeping
thought I was dreaming
of you...

I didn't tell you
That the only dream
Is Valium for me
Quote by Darkflame
Damn I can't remember the name, there was a nice wah that came with a sensor you put on your finger and that autowahs at the speed of your strums

HotHand

http://www.sourceaudio.net/products/hothand/wah.php
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Way to show everybody up jackass.

Guitar: _______________ Amp:
_ Ibanez SZ320 _________Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

V-Picks!
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/navigation?q=auto+wah&st=

try some of these, don't have any personal experience with any of them tho.

I have used a Boss aw-2 i think it was, but autowahs arent usually my thing, so predictably i did not like it.
Probably a a Boss AW-3 Dynamic Wah, or an EHX Q-tron
Rig
Fender 09 Standard Strat>Wilson Ten Spot II Wah>Boss DS-2 Turbo Distortion>EHX Big Muff Pi>Boss CE-2 Chorus>Crate V32 Palomino 212
Fender Deluxe Active Jazz Bass>(Same Pedals)>AcousticB20

Quote by WtrPlyr
I'm with DeltaFunk
What's your budget? Since you didn't give one I'm just going to say Lovetone Meatball

EDIT: In all seriousness, an EHX Q-Tron or a DOD 440 clone will be awesome too.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
Last edited by stradivari310 at Feb 2, 2009,
Some options to look at:

Subdecay Prometheus (my recommendation)
Copilot FX Gyroscope
Z. Vex Ooh Wah
Source Audio Hot Hand Wah or Tri-Mod Wah
Maxon AF-9
Emma Discumbobulator
Please don't assume I care enough about your guitar rig, your general thoughts on life, the funny things people have said about you, or anything else not related to the topic at hand to have the view signatures option turned on. I don't.
What you're thinking of is an envelope filter, not an auto-wah. An envelope filter makes 'wah' noises based on your playing dynamics, whereas an auto-wah is timed.

Buckethead uses a Line 6 FM-4, I believe, but the EHX Q-Tron is fairly popular amongst bassists (I think I'll get a Q-Tron some time in the near future).
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by Raijouta
What you're thinking of is an envelope filter, not an auto-wah. An envelope filter makes 'wah' noises based on your playing dynamics, whereas an auto-wah is timed.

Buckethead uses a Line 6 FM-4, I believe, but the EHX Q-Tron is fairly popular amongst bassists (I think I'll get a Q-Tron some time in the near future).

Auto-wahs can be timed or use an envelope follower to obtain the effect. An envelope filter is a type of auto-wah. Most do both, so there's not much point in making the distinction.
Please don't assume I care enough about your guitar rig, your general thoughts on life, the funny things people have said about you, or anything else not related to the topic at hand to have the view signatures option turned on. I don't.
http://pigtronix.com/products08/ep1.html

Possibly the worst looking pedal in existence, the Pigtronix EP-1 has both an envelope filter and an auto-wah (just the envelope filter with a LFO rather than velocity response). The smoothest, lushest, greatest sounding EF/auto-wah I've ever heard. Analog too, with an extra input jack so that you can modulate the filter using an external source like your drummer or a synth. I actually use my Nintendo DS with the Korg DS-10 synthesizer

Worth every god-damned penny ($220).
Fighting the good fight since 'ought-diggity.

My Gear

"When you think of it, a really good effect should not mean that your search is over; it should mean that your journey is just getting started."
Quote by Raijouta

I'm aware of the FM4, and planned on trying to buy one sometime soon for other reasons.

I just wasn't aware that he used the envelope function on it. Thanks.

Also, thanks to everyone who's been helpful so far. Lots o' stuff to consider, looks like I've got some reading to do...
When you saw me sleeping
thought I was dreaming
of you...

I didn't tell you
That the only dream
Is Valium for me