So im in the process of modding my squire and was trying to decide to keep the backplate on or not... i think it looks cool without on most guitars having the springs exposed and all but is having it off have any negative effects? will it mess anything up?

the one thats on it now is white and im putting a mirrored pickguard on
the body is elec. blue so it doesnt look as cool as say ESP GL-56/LTD GL-256 but still decent i think

yay or nay?
and any problems that may occur from having it off plz
"Would you tell Picasso to sell his guitars?" - Jack Black

Quote by Lt. Shinysides

my dick is generally better than yours, and is more pleasing to look at and hold.
your dick understands and accepts this, and is willing to just move on.
No one would see it if it was off.

Anyway the only downside I can think of is that dust would get inside it
Quote by alkalineweeman
If by "clean" you mean "get a finger right up in there and do a good bit of spelunking" then i guess "at any given opportunity" is my answer.

mah hardcore band
http://monstersvsaliens.bandcamp.com/
I don't have the backplate on either of my trem equipped guitars. It's just one more thing to make accessing the springs for tension adjustments a bigger hassle.
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
another thing... i just checked to see where it lies according to the belt and the top edge of the cavity so if i wore a belt (my belt has an iron cross on it thats a bit pointy) it might catch the springs maybe? would that be bad?

Quote by Lt. Shinysides

my dick is generally better than yours, and is more pleasing to look at and hold.
Kinda, but I don't have any real trouble with my belt catching. I guess it really wouldn't hurt. If the buckle did catch though, you'd hear it through the amp.

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.

ah. guess ill keep it off til that happens haha

Quote by Lt. Shinysides

just watch out your belt doesn't get caught and rip one of the springs out which fires up into a massive sign and breaks whatever is holding it up and the sign falls on your head into your stomach, yes it will hurt,
Quote by guitarcam123
just watch out your belt doesn't get caught and rip one of the springs out which fires up into a massive sign and breaks whatever is holding it up and the sign falls on your head into your stomach, yes it will hurt,

Stupid name.

incase that happens.... replacement springs? cheap? from warmoth or something im assuming

Quote by Lt. Shinysides

I walked into my local store for one and the guy just gave it to me

Stupid name.

I don't have the backplate on my strat, and it looks pretty sexy
05' G&L S-500
95' Godin LGX

96' Yamaha APX 6-A

Peavey Classic 30
Maxon OD808
sweet so no issues with breaking a spring... so nothing really to worry about? just go for it?

Quote by Lt. Shinysides

yeah, i have two guitars with open backs...

Only cause i'm to lazy to buy screws for the covers
lol well i may have 6 screws if ya want em

Quote by Lt. Shinysides

Ya, it would look sweet, but if your worried about your belt or whatever, go to home depot and get a thin piece of plastic or plexiglass and cut it to size.
Ibanez SZ320
Peavey 6505+
Marshall 1960B
Dunlop Wah
Dano EQ