On an epiphone Dot Semi hollow. if i threw some 81,and and 85 into it, would it sound good? Or would it be an epic fail?
-Jake Blackwood
Quote by guitar351
On an epiphone Dot Semi hollow. if i threw some 81,and and 85 into it, would it sound good? Or would it be an epic fail?

Why do you want EMG's?

Not bashing them at all.

Just curious?..
Epiphone Elitist SG (Serious)
Tokai Silver Star
Epiphone Dot
Epiphone Les Paul
Washburn J28SCEDL
Washburn J12S

G.A.S List

JCM600 (Yes a 600..)
Idk, just joined a metal/screamo band. gots a new amp. and wondered if they would get great distortion on it
-Jake Blackwood
Actives on a semi-hollow? I'm honestly not sure what the result would be.

First you have to ask yourself if your rig is going to be right for using active pickups.It seems I say this same statement every time I'm on UG but actives work best with naturally high gain tubes amps that are being pushed and don't sound that good with solid state amps.They also have blah clean tones IMO.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

im in the process of gettin marshall halfstak. shopin around
-Jake Blackwood
Quote by guitar351
im in the process of gettin marshall halfstak. shopin around

What model Marshall? We all know there's a world of difference between an MG and a JCM,so it's important info.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

Quote by guitar351
head

cab

good choice? (dont bash, im not rich)

IMO that's a big no.I owned one of their hybrid models (the avt 150 combo) and it was less than spectacular.For that price you could get a used tube combo or something better TBH.

Quote by Pr0gNut
IMO that's a big no.I owned one of their hybrid models (the avt 150 combo) and it was less than spectacular.For that price you could get a used tube combo or something better TBH.

I gotta AVT 50 combo, changing the speaker in it is like the difference between night and day.

But, low end Marshalls are overpriced, OP, maybe a Peavey Windsor might be better suited for your needs?
No gods, no countries, no masters.
More guitar, less Ultimate-Guitar.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Ibanez SZ520/Ibanez ORM-1/Ibanez RG7321/Pocket POD/Crate GX/Boss HM-2
B-52 at-112

or if you can wait and save, the 6505+ 112 combo is coming out... it'll be $535 but will be suited exactly to your needs

either one would kill those marshalls. And remember kids, you don't need a stack to have a big penis.
My gear:
PRS SE custom
~!~--Peavey XXX super 40 EFX --~!~
Peavey VK 112

===WGS Vet30
===JJ power tubes

---Pedals:
-ISP Decimator
-Digitech Bad Monkey
-Crybaby wah
-Korg Pitchblack
-Danelectro FnC EQ
Quote by STABxYOU
I gotta AVT 50 combo, changing the speaker in it is like the difference between night and day.

But, low end Marshalls are overpriced, OP, maybe a Peavey Windsor might be better suited for your needs?

I heard that the speakers on them caused a lot of the issues,but once I got my JSX the speculation about the Marshalls crap tone was over and it got traded in for some pedals and upgrade pups .

TS,you can find a used Peavey 5150 combo or a 6505 combo for that price if you look around.Peavey will also be releasing a 1x12 version of the 6505 this spring that will be in your price range.