I'm looking into getting a good 7 string that has no vibrato bar. That is essentially the only requirement. I don't mind upgrading the pickups, but I won't completely remake the guitar in order to make it playable and sound good.

I play most genres but tend to stay with relatively higher gain stuff. All the same, no EMGs. At the moment, I play through a solidstate Randall.

Thanks bunches
Quote by bendystraw
what's pron?

EDIT: i googled it, you guys are gross.

a2m/gape/murder/suicide/farrakhan/braziliancakefarts/bugera
there's a few esp and schecter models that fit that profile.
Studies have shown that 92% of guitar players are close-minded. Copy this into your signature if you're part of the 8% who enjoy rap.

Me
There's one Ibanez S Series 7 string that I've heard good things about. I can't think of the name if it though
Well since you didn't list any kind of budget or detailed spec preference I'll just suggest an Ibanez RG7321 with a pup swap since it'll get the job done without raping your wallet.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

im selling my ibanez S 7320 if your interested

2 things tho

1 it has a trem
2 i live in england
Quote by SynGates14
There's one Ibanez S Series 7 string that I've heard good things about. I can't think of the name if it though

All S series have trems
Quote by Pr0gNut
Well since you didn't list any kind of budget or detailed spec preference I'll just suggest an Ibanez RG7321 with a pup swap since it'll get the job done without raping your wallet.

Yeah, the 7321 is probably my best bet. What pickups would you recommend?

And just wondering, has anyone tried the 7321FM?
Quote by bendystraw
what's pron?

Quote by no.mop
Yeah, the 7321 is probably my best bet. What pickups would you recommend?

And just wondering, has anyone tried the 7321FM?

What genres do you play?

My current choice for 7 string pups are DiMarzio,specifically the D-sonic 7 in the bridge and a PAF 7 string model in the neck so I can get the versatility I need for genre hopping.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

Schecter blackjack

Quote by dogismycopilot
Absent Mind, words cant express how much i love you. Id bone you, oh yea.

Quote by lumberjack
Absent Mind is, as usual, completely correct.

Quote by littlemurph7976
Id like to make my love for Neil public knowledge as he is a beautiful man
Quote by Pr0gNut
What genres do you play?

My current choice for 7 string pups are DiMarzio,specifically the D-sonic 7 in the bridge and a PAF 7 string model in the neck so I can get the versatility I need for genre hopping.

Death Metal, Prog Metal/Rock mostly.
Quote by bendystraw
what's pron?

Last edited by no.mop at Feb 2, 2009,
Quote by no.mop
Death Metal, Prog Metal and Rock mostly.

The D-sonic can get really heavy.Some people complain that it isn't as high output as some pups but it has a very clear and articulate tone and doesn't get muddy with low tunings.It can do your rock and prog tones with ease,and I know for a fact that it can do death metal.You can then throw in a neck pup based on what you need it to do.If you just need smoother distortion you can go for a model with slightly lower output and a different EQ than your bridge pup.If you just need your neck pup to do cleans and lower gain stuff like I do,you should look for a low output model.

If money isn't an issue you should look into Bareknuckle pickups.They make some of the best passives I've heard and can do high gain tones very well.