What does UG think of Criss Oliva?

What do you like and dislike about his style, music and so forth?

IMO I think no only is he underrated, but he has a very well balanced style of shred and emotion.
TESTAMENT, SCAR SYMMETRY......SELF EXPLANATORY

ALEX SKOLNICK, PER NILSSON........ADULATION MANDATORY

Gear: JACKSON RR3

Member#25 of the IRON MAIDEN ARE GODS CLUB. PM Revelations to Join
Wow, no replies? I enjoy it a lot. He takes very simple riffs, ideas, and hooks, and makes them badass. His tone is very sharp, powerful, and cutting. I just generally enjoy listening to the dude, and he is another guitar player who died young and makes you wonder "What if..."
Quote by CJRocker
Wow, no replies? I enjoy it a lot. He takes very simple riffs, ideas, and hooks, and makes them badass. His tone is very sharp, powerful, and cutting. I just generally enjoy listening to the dude, and he is another guitar player who died young and makes you wonder "What if..."

I was shocked as well, I lost hope that anyone would reply but when I just saw your reply I was really happy to see that there are people out there who understand and admire Criss, too bad he died at a young age.
TESTAMENT, SCAR SYMMETRY......SELF EXPLANATORY

ALEX SKOLNICK, PER NILSSON........ADULATION MANDATORY

Gear: JACKSON RR3

Member#25 of the IRON MAIDEN ARE GODS CLUB. PM Revelations to Join
criss olivia is awesome. he makes every solo (even his worst) sound so emotional. he can say with one note what most guitarists cant achive with 10 ablums. I like his off set rhythm and his syncopated riffs. I hate that I can never write anything half as cool as him. UG people who stop listenting to the radio and listen to savatage would love him

PS anyone who finds a radio station that plays savatage let me know and im gonna move there immidately.
Stay thirsty my friends...

Jackson DXMG Dinky
Bugera 333XL
ISP Decimator

Quote by thewho68
This thread is as of much use as Anne Frank's drumset.
savatage were badass
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I only discovered Savatage last night, but I already practically tossed half my CD's out the window (People still know what CDs are? :P). I've listened to a handful of songs and I think its safe to say he is easily in my top 3 guitarists. His riffs always sound huge, original, and easy to listen to. His solos seem to have the right mix of shredding and emotion. He was truly great.
98% of people have read that stupid 98% teens and alcohol sig, put this in your sig if you like getting hammered.

Thats it.