I wanna check out a les paul style guitar without a tune o matic bridge.

i don't really like how they feel, i prefer the flatter feel of a strat or ibanez bridge but i love that chunky smooth sound you get from a les paul.

Any guitars that have a les paul sound (heavy and made out of mahogany so i can get a nice smooth sound with alinco II's with loads of sustain) without the tune o matic bridge or atleast a flatter bridge?

I don't really have money yet but nothing over $750, $900 would be an extreme stretch, and i have to earn it all.

BTW it's more that i don't like my palm getting stabbed and i've been playing 2 years on a flat edge III bridge, so i guess i could get used to it but i wanna know if this kind of guitar exists.
i know most prs's dont look like les pauls but they exhibit many of the same traits. look at some of the SE models, they have a tremolo and are easily in your price range and have a sick sound.
I built a Les Paul with an original floyd rose using parts from Warmoth. It totally rocks!! It's mahogany with a flame maple top along with a maple neck and rosewood fret board.
If you don't mind shelling out a few dollars for some new pickups you could always grab an Ibanez RG321MH (mahogany body) for a few hundred. I've got one and it's all the Paul I've ever needed (and I've owned a few different les pauls).
I don't really want a trem as much as i want the flatness of a trem (i blocked my trem completly)

I also have checked out that ibanez before and while i am going to put new pups in when i get the guitar, i don't really like the thiness of ibanez necks and bodies

That being said i check out those PRS SE single cut and doublecut and they look sweet. I gotta check those out the next time i got to GC.

Any other stuff? How good are PRS SE's?
Quote by Dance_of_Death
I don't really want a trem as much as i want the flatness of a trem (i blocked my trem completly)

I also have checked out that ibanez before and while i am going to put new pups in when i get the guitar, i don't really like the thiness of ibanez necks and bodies

That being said i check out those PRS SE single cut and doublecut and they look sweet. I gotta check those out the next time i got to GC.

Any other stuff? How good are PRS SE's?

I've never played an SE that I liked,but that's just me.You could get an Ibanez SZ series.They have mahogany bodies,set necks,the same scale as an LP,and have a PRS style bridge and thicker necks than the RG and S series they make.You may be able to get the prestige model for the price you listed and I can say from experience that the prestige SZ is very nice.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

Quote by Pr0gNut
I've never played an SE that I liked,but that's just me.You could get an Ibanez SZ series.They have mahogany bodies,set necks,the same scale as an LP,and have a PRS style bridge and thicker necks than the RG and S series they make.You may be able to get the prestige model for the price you listed and I can say from experience that the prestige SZ is very nice.

Those SZ series guitars remind me of Schecter C-1's, how do those compare?

I guess i'm not gonna be able to get a les paul sounding guitar without a trem but with a flat bridge, so i guess i'm opan to any les paul style guitar with a smoother/larger bridge than the tune o matic.
Gibson Les Paul Axcess, but thats like $3000.
Quote by user_nameless
You can go ahead and sponge my bob.

/notfunnyatalljoke.

Quote by halo43
When you date a vegetarian, you're the only meat they'll ever eat.
Quote by Dance_of_Death
Those SZ series guitars remind me of Schecter C-1's, how do those compare?

I guess i'm not gonna be able to get a les paul sounding guitar without a trem but with a flat bridge, so i guess i'm opan to any les paul style guitar with a smoother/larger bridge than the tune o matic.

They have a shorter scale than the C-1 models and the neck contour is a bit different.The bridges are different too.The C-1 uses the tone-pros thing that has the sharp string grooves on it,but the SZ uses a stop tail with flat top saddles that are completely smooth.The tone is what you would expect for a set neck mahogany instrument with dual humbuckers,pretty similar to an LP since they share a lot of the same characteristics.

EDIT: I'm retarded and forgot to mention the Ibanez ART series,It has every feature you want.LP shaped mahogany body with a set neck and a smooth stop tail bridge.You could get one and swap out the pickups and still be within your budget.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

Last edited by Pr0gNut at Feb 2, 2009,
Great, I need to go to the guitar store soon to test out some more guitars!

^^oh yeah, i remeber seeing those and wondering if they were any good, definatly gotta check those out

Thanks for the help!

Last, how are the bridges on the Dean Cadillac 1980 or the Dean Evo? They say tune o matic style and they don't look as pointy but i could be wrong
Last edited by Dance_of_Death at Feb 2, 2009,
Quote by Dance_of_Death
Great, I need to go to the guitar store soon to test out some more guitars!

Thanks for the help!

Last, how are the bridges on the Dean Cadillac 1980 or the Dean Evo? They say tune o matic style and they don't look as pointy but i could be wrong

I'm not very good with Dean trivia,but from what I've seen tune-o-matic bridges generally have those pointed string saddles,which is why I have so much trouble playing on them.The points just happen to be right where I rest my hand on my the trem bridge guitars I usually play,so it ****s everything up and I end up with weird little holes bored into my hand at the end of practice.

Quote by Pr0gNut
I'm not very good with Dean trivia,but from what I've seen tune-o-matic bridges generally have those pointed string saddles,which is why I have so much trouble playing on them.The points just happen to be right where I rest my hand on my the trem bridge guitars I usually play,so it ****s everything up and I end up with weird little holes bored into my hand at the end of practice.

Yeah i know what you mean, it's especially bad when palm muting. Every les paul i have played hurts my palm, but i love their sound.

Thanks for the info, i can't wait to try out some guitars!
If you do go for a Schecter, get the C-1 Plus. It doesn't have a 25.5" scale like the other C-1's.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Quote by dazman
I built a Les Paul with an original floyd rose using parts from Warmoth. It totally rocks!! It's mahogany with a flame maple top along with a maple neck and rosewood fret board.

that actually sounds pretty awesome. post a pic?
Quote by edge11
yeah im not at gc dude, i dont live there.

||=(|''''|''''|''''|''''|)>-----