after playing a few shows where i am forced to stand between 5-7 feet of my amp, i decided that i need a noise gate as a result of constant squealing. i tried the boss one at guitar center, and it does suck tone a lot. what are some good ones under $150 that maintain your normal sound?

also, kind of pertaining to the previous question, i use a wireless system, and ive noticed this causes the microphonic feedback a little bit more than cables. since i set the reciever on top of my amp, would the feedback change if i move it farther away from the amp?
If you want the best of the best, get the ISP pro-rack system.

Otherwise, the decimator will do. Sucks no tone on my amp so you should be fine.
My gear:
PRS SE custom
~!~--Peavey XXX super 40 EFX --~!~
Peavey VK 112

===WGS Vet30
===JJ power tubes

---Pedals:
-ISP Decimator
-Digitech Bad Monkey
-Crybaby wah
-Korg Pitchblack
-Danelectro FnC EQ
Why are you using a wireless when you're 5-7 feet away from your amp? Also, try turning off your pedals when you're not playing if the feedback isn't too bad while you are playing. Otherwise, the least tone sucking gate I can recommend is the ISP Decimator.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
iSP Decimator
100w Peavey Valveking Head
Mesa Rectifier 4x12 Standard Cab
Ibanez RG 321
Boss DD-7
iSP Decimator x2
BBE Boosta Grande
Modded Crybaby
MXR Blue Box
Numark Power Conditioner
Korg DTR-1000
Quote by mmolteratx
Why are you using a wireless when you're 5-7 feet away from your amp? Also, try turning off your pedals when you're not playing if the feedback isn't too bad while you are playing. Otherwise, the least tone sucking gate I can recommend is the ISP Decimator.

yea, the wireless isnt necessary that close, but i do walk across stage and stuff so it comes in handy
Quote by guns_rosesldb
yea, the wireless isnt necessary that close, but i do walk across stage and stuff so it comes in handy

Oh, ok. I would go with the Decimator if you absolutely have to get one. For 123.99(I think) it's a pretty good deal considering how it blows away the BOSS and pretty much anything but expensive rack stuff.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

I like the MXR a little better because of supposed true bypass. I'm kinda a sucker for that.
Gear...
Peavey 5150, Squier, Ibanez RG2EX2, Yamaha F150, Ibanez RT150, MXR noisegate
Quote by abcdboy
I like the MXR a little better because of supposed true bypass. I'm kinda a sucker for that.

I just use a few true bypass pedals and 2-3 buffered. It works way better than all true bypass.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT