I'm playing in a musical, and the production company just decided to drop a banjo player and have me (the guitarist, obviously,) play the banjo parts. Has anyone heard of any effects or whatnot that give a pseudo-banjo timbre? Something twangy, I guess?
breaking hearts
&
breaking guitars
A tele has the closest twang to a banjo.
In response to my admission of Virginity:
Quote by RPGoof
We're all virgins here, don't worry.
Compressor, treble boost, sitar simulator (in a weird way) acoustic simulator...

Some combination of these would probably be helpful.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
try one of those acoustic simulator pedals... i think boss makes them. that would give you a little more twang
Quote by Raijouta
Compressor, treble boost, sitar simulator (in a weird way) acoustic simulator...

Some combination of these would probably be helpful.

I was thinking something like that, but you wont get real close with a guitar, maybe a tele with the aforementioned effects
Quote by guitardude34875
be the music, not the scene
For the price of one of those pedals, couldn't you just find an old beat up banjo at a pawn shop or somewhere? Any banjo would probably sound better than trying to make a guitar sound like one.
get a six string banjo.
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
Quote by Stickymongoose
For the price of one of those pedals, couldn't you just find an old beat up banjo at a pawn shop or somewhere? Any banjo would probably sound better than trying to make a guitar sound like one.

Playing a Guitar doesn't mean you can just pick up some Banjo and be just as good on it as you are guitar.

Some people can do it, but not everyone.

I'd suggest an acoustic simulator, treble boosts, and a good clean channel.
When you saw me sleeping
thought I was dreaming
of you...

I didn't tell you
That the only dream
Is Valium for me
Quote by Td_Nights
Playing a Guitar doesn't mean you can just pick up some Banjo and be just as good on it as you are guitar.

Some people can do it, but not everyone.

I'd suggest an acoustic simulator, treble boosts, and a good clean channel.

thats why i recomended a 6 string banjo.
Quote by BryanChampine
Chea_man is the best.
Banjo strings are tuned in fifths while guitars are tuned in fourths. I don't have but ten days so I can't learn it.
breaking hearts
&
breaking guitars
again, get a 6 string banjo.
its played just like guitar.
Quote by BryanChampine
Chea_man is the best.
get a tenor banjo?
or, you could take a bit of paper, crinkle it up and fold it into a small strip, turn your treble up and put the paper under your bridge-suprisingly close and since youll be in the pit and not on stage, you wont look like a douche with paper on your bridge.