hi there! i play in a metal band...but cleans are important here....and the thing is i need an amp ...tube one...& i've got about 500$ to blow...plus minus.... i curently own a ESP EC-2005 with Emg's and i have the new Ibanez Tube King Tk999HT pedal for distortion...i love the pedal...i've tried it on some amps and it sounded cool...but i can't afford to buy any of those amps....i need an amp with good cleans(i already have the TK for distorted tones) and power around 60 W ..so i'm asking "The Pit" to share some ligth on my problem....i've heard that Fenders have good cleans also..anybody know some amps that would fit in here? thx 4 ur time
pedals are doing nothing but trying to sound like a good amp's distortion, so i'd get an amp with distortion to use.
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
A Fender hotrod deville is about 800, its got great cleans. its also very very loud
Where the hell did slide guitar go!?!
Fender Blues Jr. is $550 new. I use it. It's got GREAT cleans, and some pretty kickass natural overdrive, if that's anything of a selling point
Quote by acdcrocks0323
Quote by mcrfobtai
I have a Pro Junior.
Almost the same thing. Sort of.

But I do love BJ's. Great amps.
Everyone likes BJ's.

EVERYONE!!!!
Um, A peavey VKII or a peavey Vypyr tube might be good for the price you suggested. If you go with the VKII i suggest you change the speaker/s to eminence and/or celestion vintage 30's. I hear the stock speakers can be kind of muddy.
In response to my admission of Virginity:
Quote by RPGoof
We're all virgins here, don't worry.
Oh, and by the way, you won't find any tube amps running 60W for $500. If you mean 60W solid-state, then that's more reasonable. My suggestion will run louder than a 30W solid-state, but probably not all the way up to 60 at full blast. I would definitely suggest trying it out to see if it's what you are looking for, but it's an awesome amp.
Quote by acdcrocks0323
Quote by mcrfobtai
I have a Pro Junior.
Almost the same thing. Sort of.

But I do love BJ's. Great amps.
Everyone likes BJ's.

EVERYONE!!!!
B-52 at-112 is $360 and can get plenty of metal and is 60 watts. Throw a bad monkey on top of the gain channel as a clean boost to tighten up your palm mutes and you've got a really sick sound going. Its all tube

also the 60 watt peavey 6505+ combo will be coming out pretty soon. That thing will satisfy all of your wildest metal dreams and will do cleans fine if you eq it right.
My gear:
PRS SE custom
~!~--Peavey XXX super 40 EFX --~!~
Peavey VK 112

===WGS Vet30
===JJ power tubes

---Pedals:
-ISP Decimator
-Digitech Bad Monkey
-Crybaby wah
-Korg Pitchblack
-Danelectro FnC EQ
i've been thinking about the 5150 combo....i wanted 2 get one used from ebay..but i'm not really sure on the cleans....i was thinking that, maybe, there is another alternative at that price...u know...some head maybe at about that price...or..a combo that has good cleans...i don't think i'll get an brand new shiny amp... i get a feeling that this might be a wild goose chase...but i have 2 be sure i'm not overlooking anything
I'll sell you a five month old, mint/like new conditioned Randall RM50 shipped for $600. That can handle anything. Plenty loud. All tube.