So in a few months (2 or 3) i will finally have my eagle scout rank, now since this is such a big deal to me and my family my parents are buying me a new guitar to celebrate the event. go ahead, get all your laughs and "i didnt get **** for my eagle" stuff out, i really didnt ask for your opinion on it.

Now onto my question, DO NOT TELL ME TO GET A NEW AMP- i already have $700 saved up plus the money i get back from my behringer to buy a new amp.

My budget for this guitar is $1500-$2000 if im really lucky.

the specs-
-Must be 24 frets- smaller scales feel awful
-Must have effortless play at around the 20th fret, cant do funky stretches for those notes
-HH config, wouldnt have a problem with HSH
-Hardtail, but if something else fits to my specs better with a floyd that will be fine
-I LOVE modern blues and progressive and neoclassical
-Must have a wood finish, no solid colors.
-set/neckthroughs are a major plus, but remember must have easy access.

i like prs guitars but couldnt find one that would properly fit my specs within my price limit, and i know id be pushing my luck trying to get a custom guitar for that much.

thanks guys.
Official Aspie member

ANOUNCEMENT: Weird misspellings or words that make no sense? there was a good chance this was sent from my Droid 2 phone.
Quote by SinisterStrieth
.. You are the man.

RIP Dime RIP Michael Jackson
Do you have a preference on body shape? (ie. super strat vs. LP vs. a V or some other exotically shaped guitar)
I doubt there's one with a wood finish. But hey.

The Washburn N4 is the closest thing to your specs. 22 frets, and Floyd are the only real downers. But it does have a wood finsh.
I NEED TO CHANGE MY USERNAME

• Agile AL-3XXX Custom Tobacco Sunburst w/ EMG 57/66
  • ESP LTD EC-1000T CTM Black w/ Seymour Duncan Blackouts
  • Jet City JCA100HDM w/ Avatar Contemporary 2x12 Cab
  • Seymour Duncan 805 Overdrive
  • Dunlop OG Crybaby Wah
  • MXR Smartgate
i dont have a preference over shape, as long as its not a V, razorback, or some other crazy style.

i mean like a clear finish where you can see the wood grain, since it doesnt show scratches as much (since i want to keep this as long as i can since it marks such a even)
Official Aspie member

ANOUNCEMENT: Weird misspellings or words that make no sense? there was a good chance this was sent from my Droid 2 phone.
Quote by SinisterStrieth
.. You are the man.

Quote by I Poke Badgers

everything looks good except for the painted F holes,
Official Aspie member

Quote by SinisterStrieth
.. You are the man.

Quote by Dirty_Civilian
lolscouts

You don't need 24 frets.

do i need 24 frets? no.

but a 24 fret guitar puts the other frets farther away from the body which is more comfortable for me to play, and its hard to find 22 fret guitars in the right scale that feels right.

does that make sense? if not ill try to explain it better.

schecter ftw- i will try to see if i can find a dealer in my area that is a dealer for carvin that actually has any carvin guitars so i can try one and see how it feels.
Official Aspie member

Quote by SinisterStrieth
.. You are the man.

Last edited by conor1148 at Feb 2, 2009,
i'm my eagle in November and i didn't get a gift for it

but no seriously congrats, i got eagle as well and i know how much of a bitch it is to get.

i would go with a Carvin as schecterftw said
Quote by Scutchington
I like this guy, he's UG's Greek, and he just told your ass in two paragraphs. And I once spent 5 minutes watching his avatar.

A Brain Malfunction

We'll Never Admit As Defeat
Quote by Waterboy799
i'm my eagle in November and i didn't get a gift for it

but no seriously congrats, i got eagle as well and i know how much of a bitch it is to get.

i would go with a Carvin as schecterftw said

thanks man, now all that is left is all my paperwork and the ceremony
Official Aspie member

Quote by SinisterStrieth
.. You are the man.

Quote by conor1148
thanks man, now all that is left is all my paperwork and the ceremony

i did my paperwork, but thanks to my idiot scoutmaster it hasn't been handed in yet...and the boards were done in November.

so my ceremony might not be for a long time.
Quote by Scutchington
I like this guy, he's UG's Greek, and he just told your ass in two paragraphs. And I once spent 5 minutes watching his avatar.

A Brain Malfunction

We'll Never Admit As Defeat
http://www.guitarcenter.com/B-C--Rich-Exotic-Classic-Assassin-Electric-Guitar-512672-i1176324.gc

Fits your specs for a lot less than $2000

EDIT: So does this: http://www.guitarcenter.com/Jackson-SLS-3-Soloist-Super-Lightweight-Electric-Guitar-500863-i1427122.gc

And I know from experiencing the pickups beforehand that it'd be great for blues.
Last edited by Beebaboo at Feb 2, 2009,
Get a used Custom 24. You should be able to find one easily in the classifieds section of birdsandmoons.com if you're patient.

And if you don't mind giving up 24 frets, a Parker Nitefly M would suit you perfectly and walk all over everything else in the price bracket playability wise.
Last edited by T!AN at Feb 2, 2009,
Quote by conor1148
everything looks good except for the painted F holes,

Blasphemer! I love the painted F Holes, although I would kind of feel like a loser playing it since it screams Paul Gilbert and not me.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Quote by mmolteratx
Blasphemer! I love the painted F Holes, although I would kind of feel like a loser playing it since it screams Paul Gilbert and not me.

IMO it screams Ibanez PGM, not Paul Gilbert. Of course, I've got a PGM301 on it's way to me in a few days But really, not all of his guitars even have the painted f-holes. Neither of his Fireman models do. Neither does the red/orange RG he uses. And he's not a super-huge artist anyway. Most people won't know it's his model.

If the PGM isn't how you roll, then look at Carvin. Find a model that has a set neck with a good slim/contoured heel and customize away (I'm sure the neck-through heels are good too, but I think their bolt-ons are like Strats, which IMO suck for upper fret access - unless you have large hands)!
Last edited by I Poke Badgers at Feb 2, 2009,
Don't they teach you how to carve your own guitars out of a tree with a compass in the scouts? I thought you guys were all about "being prepared."