I got a quite ass Orange 30R when it's maxed out with all distortion, plus metal muff distortion. I can't get it louder than drums. But I love Orange sound, and don't have $2500+ to spend on a half stack.

I'm wonder, is it possible to use the line out jack from the Orange into some other cabinet to boost my sound a whole bunch?
A cabinet will not make it sound much louder, it will just project the sound more and possibly have less speaker distortion.
1. A cabinet will not make you louder, however it will increase the amount of bass and projection, therefore giving the illusion of extra loudness.

2. If your sound is 'ass', it will be 'ass' no matter whether it is as quiet as a church mouse or as loud as the heavens splitting open.

3. Get a better amp if you want better tone.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
There's an Orange AD30 halfstack for 1800 on craigslist, but aside from that, the 30R isn't exactly the "Orange" sound. A 30/50 watt tube amp is the Orange sound, and pushing that combo into a cab isn't gonna boost your overall sound (or tone, for that matter, the Crush series is like all the other SS starter amps)

Maybe it's time for a new amp? Something like Traynor maybe.. they're "value" priced tube amps, but can sound surprisingly along the lines of older Marshall/Orange/etc...
Pick flowers not fights.
Make love not war.
Drop acid not bombs.

Quote by Raijouta
1. A cabinet will not make you louder, however it will increase the amount of bass and projection, therefore giving the illusion of extra loudness.

2. If your sound is 'ass', it will be 'ass' no matter whether it is as quiet as a church mouse or as loud as the heavens splitting open.

3. Get a better amp if you want better tone.

I wanted to say "quiet ass" haha
Quote by Stratoblaster73
There's an Orange AD30 halfstack for 1800 on craigslist, but aside from that, the 30R isn't exactly the "Orange" sound. A 30/50 watt tube amp is the Orange sound, and pushing that combo into a cab isn't gonna boost your overall sound (or tone, for that matter, the Crush series is like all the other SS starter amps)

Maybe it's time for a new amp? Something like Traynor maybe.. they're "value" priced tube amps, but can sound surprisingly along the lines of older Marshall/Orange/etc...

I actually had a Valveking 112, hated it, to me this Orange sounds better, its just quieter.

Next amp I get is probably going to be a real Orange half stack...that'll be a while though.
^
What does a Valve King have to do with anything? Those are made by Peavey.
Pick flowers not fights.
Make love not war.
Drop acid not bombs.

i connect my blues jr. to a cab...and it seems louder cause it projects so wide and far...close up its similar but stand 50 feet away and it still has a loud full sound
note that the blues jr. is loud enough on its own though, so if the orange cant compete with a drummer without a cab, it wont with one
'I love her, but I love to fish...I'm gonna miss her"