first of all, sorry im not sure where to post this. ok so my friend brought in a ukulele to school today and it was fun as hell. i wanna get one now but dont know where to start. i dont need a real nice one or anything. i just need one that'll make a good sound and last a good time ya know? thanks peeps.
Go to your regular guitar store. They usually have at least a couple. The little orange flying V ukuleles seem popular.
Ditch the Uke and go for a Baglama.

Its what all the cool kids are doing!
There may be times when it is impossible to prevent injustice, but there should never be a time when we fail to protest it.

Take a trip down the Scenic River

Call me Charlie.
Fassa, how many threads d---oh wait, nevermind.

TS, just go to the acoustic guitar dept of your music store.
Quote by Trefellin
The little orange flying V ukuleles seem popular.

fukkin' eh. if you're gonna get a ukulele, you've gotta get a flying v or equally tough looking shape. think bc rich style, but in ukulele. if you don't have one, people won't think you're tough and you don't wanna look like a pussy with your ukulele, now do you?
Quote by mr.happyman
fukkin' eh. if you're gonna get a ukulele, you've gotta get a flying v or equally tough looking shape. think bc rich style, but in ukulele. if you don't have one, people won't think you're tough and you don't wanna look like a pussy with your ukulele, now do you?

Dude now I want a warlock ukulele or maybe a wangcaster ukulele

That's be sick
My dad loves Tiny Tim. No joke, he has his albums.
Jesus wouldn't give you the sweat off of his balls if you were dying of thirst.
Quote by Code-E
God, you've gotta be UG's only moron!

Quote by magnum1117
that's right,you certainly are UG's only moron.

Quote by necrosis1193
Read the moron's posts, ironically enough he knows what he says.
i bought a lanakai (sp?) concert uke for about 100$. its pretty nice and get aquila strings
I got a beginner one for Christmas. The coloured ones, you see. It looks nice but sounds awful. (I'm probably doing it wrong)
You might have to spend a little more. They should be in all good music instrument shops.
I got one for £10 from a charity shop (new though, mind you).

It does the job, though I can very much tell the difference when i use a better one.
i have the lanakai pineapple ukulele. It's the most fun thing i've ever played.
I think it runs for like $50 at musiciansfriend.