Title says it basically. I'm looking for a new guitar and I'm stuck at the moment.

So I've been wanting a 7 for quite some time and have had little success in finding one nice enough for me to buy. I'm somewhat picky and would rather pay a grand and get what I paid for than pay 400 for the first one I see.

So I've been considering just finding a good 6er and setting it up for B standard. Would this be a better idea?

Price range would be up to about $1,000, maybe a little more.
I'm Tyler
Do you want a fixed or tremolo bridge? I wouldn't recommend using a 6 string tuned to B but Adam Jones uses one so it's doable.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Quote by mmolteratx
Do you want a fixed or tremolo bridge? I wouldn't recommend using a 6 string tuned to B but Adam Jones uses one so it's doable.

Definitely fixed. But if someone could convince me otherwise I would think twice.
I'm Tyler
Well, if you wanted, you could get an RG1527 and get a Tremol-No and leave it on the fixed position so you don't have to worry about the tremolo. Although the color is a turn off to me, but the 1527M looks better but it's also more. The Xiphos 7 with a pickup swap wouldn't be bad and it's fixed. You might want to head over to sevenstring.org, they know alot more than I do.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Quote by mmolteratx
Well, if you wanted, you could get an RG1527 and get a Tremol-No and leave it on the fixed position so you don't have to worry about the tremolo. Although the color is a turn off to me, but the 1527M looks better but it's also more. The Xiphos 7 with a pickup swap wouldn't be bad and it's fixed. You might want to head over to sevenstring.org, they know alot more than I do.

I'll check it out thanks man.

Anyone else have an opinion?
I'm Tyler
With a budget of $1000, you have so many choices and the options increase even more if you include Used! Check out http://www.zzounds.com/cat--7-String-Electric-Guitars--2642

For fixed bridge used, I'd look at the older Schecter C-7, Schecter Hellraiser 7, MIJ Ibanez RG7621 or the slightly cheaper MIJ RG7421. Go visit the 7 string thread at https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=599065