Ok so I've recently getting in airsoft lately (the worst time of the year, I know), and so I wen't to Dick's sporting goods and got a cheap ass set that I thought would be sweet ($64 for a pistol and shotgun) and a thing of 2000 bbs. Last night I doscovered guns 230498203948023984x better than mine, so I was wondering what I should get, and I want some pretty good ****. Can anybody recommend some things? I was looking at:

http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?cPath=154_157&products_id=2127
(They're not giving the Leapers 4X32 scope, but that's what I want)

or

http://www.crosman.com/airsoft/premium/SAPR76

What do you guys think? Anything about $160 or less that's better than these? Thanks.
Get neither and buy something that you'll use for more than 1/4 of the year.
Quote by goest

This.
BB guns work fine

MC name = Bearrorism
Quote by goest

Any suggestions?
Airsoft guns aren't decent until you hit $300 and up
I leik music
Quote by The Philosopher
Any suggestions?

Save? Put it in the bank and let it gain interest? Put it towards an amp, guitar, new effects pedal?

Seriously, I used to airsoft and now I have 5 doorstops in my closet.
i was into airsoft for like a month, then i got a pellet gun that fires at 1400 fps so i sold my airsoft gun

then i got a shotgun
Quote by Deliriumbassist
marmite, vegemite, termite...

anything that ends with -mite is the work of Satan's retarded cousin Vinnie.
Quote by The Philosopher
Any suggestions?

a guitar? lol

both of those guns look like ****. go with a UTG AK-47 commando or something. i can't even remember the name because i got over airsoft in like 7th grade.

don't waste your money, buy some effects pedals or something.
save your money and thank me in a month when you've forgotten all about Airsoft, or "paintball for pussys"
Last.Fm

“If there was anything that depressed him more than his own cynicism, it was that quite often it still wasn't as cynical as real life.”
― Terry Pratchett

qft...

Jeremy Clarkson is a knob.
I'd like to but haven't got around to it.

I have a Wal-mart springer that I've used to knock over cans.
Paintball or nothing...airsoft is just a pussy mock up of it...not that I'd advocate wasting your money to play out childhood fantasies of cops and robbers.

Buy a guitar instead, I don't believe I've ever encountered a woman who found a man playing with air pistols sexy...

-TFA
buy a real gun. one that's got fukkin' tits!

seriously, guns increase your metal by atleast 10%; whereas airsoft guns decrease your metal by atleast 17%. your metal image can't take that kind of blow. how are you gonna pick up chicks if they don't think you're metal?
I LOVE YOU

Just played airsoft on Sunday with two of my friends.

http://www.dickssportinggoods.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2249479

Bought it at Wal Mart for the same price, works great. I'm not good at distances, but it's accurate at well over 50 yards, so unless you plan on sniping with it for some reason, it's great. If it ever breaks or something, just go buy a new one, then put the broken one in the case and take it back and say it didn't work. Although I've had mine since Christmas break, and I've had no problems at all. The only crappy thing is getting the battery in. You really have to bunch up the wires, and it doesn't seem good for it. If it messes up, I'll either try rewiring it or just trading it in.

Also, I'm not trying to say that I think you're stupid, but make sure you wear eye protection. Airsoft could easily take out your eye. My two friends I play with used to just wear safety goggles, but now one of them has a mask that has a metal screen over the eyes, so it doesn't fog up, which is a huge problem with goggles. I have a paintball mask because I prefer not to get hit in the head. I've been shot in the cheek from ten feet away, and right in the Adam's apple from about one foot lol. Thank God it wasn't my one friend's CO2 pistol, or I'm guessing it would've gotten stuck in my skin.

That's when I got shot in the face with a crappy gun. CO2 would've been way worse.

EDIT: Airsoft is the best thing in the world. If you get enough people with good guns, it's like real-life CoD4.
Last edited by frottage at Feb 2, 2009,
Quote by mr.happyman
buy a real gun. one that's got fukkin' tits!

seriously, guns increase your metal by atleast 10%; whereas airsoft guns decrease your metal by atleast 17%. your metal image can't take that kind of blow. how are you gonna pick up chicks if they don't think you're metal?

Definitely not by acting or speaking like you
You should use real guns
My Gear Brah:
  • Ibanez K7 (silver)
  • Gibson Les Paul Custom (ebony w/ gold hardware)
  • Mesa Triple Rectifier Head
  • Mesa Rectifier 4x12 Traditional Cab
  • Too many pedals to list...

haha dicks sporting goods..

yea airsoft guns suck get a real one
Quote by tancanada
He's from Arkansas. Of course he wants to eat it.

Quote by thsrayas
Why did women get multiple orgasms instead of men? I want a river of semen flowing out of my room to mark my territory.

Quote by ikitson
im drunk idc

( . Y . )
Quote by frottage
I LOVE YOU

Just played airsoft on Sunday with two of my friends.

http://www.dickssportinggoods.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2249479

Bought it at Wal Mart for the same price, works great. I'm not good at distances, but it's accurate at well over 50 yards, so unless you plan on sniping with it for some reason, it's great. If it ever breaks or something, just go buy a new one, then put the broken one in the case and take it back and say it didn't work. Although I've had mine since Christmas break, and I've had no problems at all. The only crappy thing is getting the battery in. You really have to bunch up the wires, and it doesn't seem good for it. If it messes up, I'll either try rewiring it or just trading it in.

Also, I'm not trying to say that I think you're stupid, but make sure you wear eye protection. Airsoft could easily take out your eye. My two friends I play with used to just wear safety goggles, but now one of them has a mask that has a metal screen over the eyes, so it doesn't fog up, which is a huge problem with goggles. I have a paintball mask because I prefer not to get hit in the head. I've been shot in the cheek from ten feet away, and right in the Adam's apple from about one foot lol. Thank God it wasn't my one friend's CO2 pistol, or I'm guessing it would've gotten stuck in my skin.

That's when I got shot in the face with a crappy gun. CO2 would've been way worse.

EDIT: Airsoft is the best thing in the world. If you get enough people with good guns, it's like real-life CoD4.

You're a pansy nerd...
My Gear Brah:
  • Ibanez K7 (silver)

Quote by guitarisrockin
You're a pansy nerd...

I can accept nerd, but how am I a pansy? I'm guessing you've never been shot in the face with a real airsoft gun from a few feet away.
Quote by Comrade Curry
Definitely not by acting or speaking like you

d00d, you tttly just pwnt me!11!11 ur sooo kewl!! teach me ur wayzzz. PLZZZ??!!?
Quote by frottage
I can accept nerd, but how am I a pansy? I'm guessing you've never been shot in the face with a real airsoft gun from a few feet away.

I've been shot in the eye with a real airsoft gun from a few feet away.
My Gear Brah:
  • Ibanez K7 (silver)

I'm actually thinking in starting to play Airsoft. The problem is that the only way to get a decent replica here is to order it from Hong Kong or China....so a $60 gun plus shipping and customs taxes goes to over $200, and that's a bit expensive.
Quote by guitarisrockin

I don't believe it.

EDIT: Unless you're blind in that eye now or have serious problems with it. If a crappy gun can put a hole in my face, then there's no possible way a good one wouldn't take out your eye.
Quote by guitarisrockin

Oh yeah? Well I was in the battle for Helms Deep. Urahkai and Orcs coming from every direction. It was hell man...pure...utter...HELL!!!
Quote by frottage

haha tool... i've been shot so many times in the neck, face and bare arms by airsoft guns. it's not that bad.

Worst make believe war "injury" i've ever had:
Went paint balling with my friends once, turned a corner around a large bunker about 7 feet high, one of my friends was waiting for me about 3 feet around the corner and shot me about 6 times on my bare hands, arms and upper body.

... it ****in sucked.
Quote by Schism1985
haha tool... i've been shot so many times in the neck, face and bare arms by airsoft guns. it's not that bad.

Worst make believe war "injury" i've ever had:
Went paint balling with my friends once, turned a corner around a large bunker about 7 feet high, one of my friends was waiting for me about 3 feet around the corner and shot me about 6 times on my bare hands, arms and upper body.

... it ****in sucked.

It is when you have freaking holes in your skin from it.
this no friend tool in my grade bought a sniper rifle for 150 i think. worst choice ever. he had no friends and decided to buy it. me and a couple of friends went over to try it and he would barely let us use it so we got his brothers automatic submachine gun and started spraying him. yeah, then we left...
up for adoption

How am I in bed you ask?

Quote by metaldud536
Shallow and pedantic

all right go to pointact.com
if you want a sniper buy the JG bar-10 or a more expensive Well L-96
if your looking of r an automatic buy:
A JG m4, m16, or any other armalite
or the cyma AK47