lol i spent $500 on a half-stack a few months ago ( crate flexwave 120hs ) so i can be heard when i jam with drummers. I finally found a new drummer for my band , and i cant ****ing hear myself >:| !

What should i do ? I could buy another cabinet ( dunno if it will help ) ... or i could sell this amp and get a new one ( im really poor atm , i only have $200 to add to the money i get for this crate)

Could i get a nice half-stack for $600 - $700 ? Or will adding another cabinet make a big difference ?
Adding another cab will make close to no difference. You should sell it but I doubt you will have $700. You will not get a nice stack for that price. Genres and guitar?
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
What sort of amp did you get. I may be mistaken (have never owned anything other than a combo), but I'm pretty sure your volume is determined more by what kind of amp you have. A 5w amp into a 4x12 200w cab will still sound like a 5w amp.
Fighting the good fight since 'ought-diggity.

My Gear

"When you think of it, a really good effect should not mean that your search is over; it should mean that your journey is just getting started."
If you scoop your mids, boost them.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by mmolteratx
Adding another cab will make close to no difference. You should sell it but I doubt you will have $700. You will not get a nice stack for that price. Genres and guitar?

I play Hardcore/grindcore

Guitar: schecter 006 deluxe diamond series

AMP: crate flexwave 120w Half-Stack

If i cant get a halfstack , can i get a really good combo amp for ~$600?
used 5150/6505 combo.
Quote by jdmurrayz
Fap energy comes from the soul, not the body.
Quote by ShrimpthePimp
used 5150/6505 combo.

This would probably be your best bet. Listen to him. I don't have anything to add.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
well I use a flexwave half stack for band practices (although I now have a traynor tube combo for gigs) and I can hear myself.. although I understand your point, it's not as loud as it should be. maybe you should just to get your drummer to play a bit less loud? or maybe get a boost pedal of some sort? i know Electro harmonix have one for around 30-40 bucks, and it just increases your volume, try that out

if not, i don't know.. but i love the flexwave's tone, even if nobody here does!
Quote by Darkflame
well I use a flexwave half stack for band practices (although I now have a traynor tube combo for gigs) and I can hear myself.. although I understand your point, it's not as loud as it should be. maybe you should just to get your drummer to play a bit less loud? or maybe get a boost pedal of some sort? i know Electro harmonix have one for around 30-40 bucks, and it just increases your volume, try that out

if not, i don't know.. but i love the flexwave's tone, even if nobody here does!

Ill go buy one this week ( Is it a possibility it can blow my amp lol ? im paranoid xD ) ... i love my flexwave too , the distortion / tone is amazing for such a cheap amp .

Ill look into the 5150/6505 combo ... Im really poor lol , so dunno if i'll be able to get it.

thanks for the help