Page 1 of 2
I am mainly concerned if I can get great distortion out of it.
Quote by rich_sg
I've been here nearly 4 years now. I get no respect.

Quote by xCobainx
Respect in the pit?

Lol

Pink Floyd is The Best
Usually, putting a distortion pedal in front of a tube amp is to make it so the overdrive channel has more balls. An Ibanez TS-9, Boss DS-1 and SD-1 are some of the many choices of good booster pedals. I don't know much about the RP500.
The Rp500 will take a lot of the tone from the amp. What kinds of music do you plan on playing?
'89 MIJ Fender Strat
Rivera S-120
'60s PEPCO Model 211 5w head
'60s Paul (Pepco) 1x12 tube amp
'60s Harmony H303a 1x10 tube amp
I wouldn't recommend using any of the digitech multi fx processors - they suck the tone right out of your amp quicker than you'd imagine. If you've gotta use fx, use individual analog pedals through the loop.

That's my advice, anyway.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
stuff like metallica or scorpions
Quote by rich_sg

Quote by xCobainx
Respect in the pit?

Lol

Pink Floyd is The Best
so whats an effects pedal that will give me distortion without sucking tone out of it? preferrebly the best or close to it.
Quote by rich_sg

Quote by xCobainx
Respect in the pit?

Lol

Pink Floyd is The Best

Save up for a Marshall or Bugera if you want to play hi-gain stuff like that. Why would you ruin the tone of a Fender amp with a dis. pedal anyway? That almost seems like a big middle finger to Fender itself
Yeah, look for a different amp if you play high-gain. This amp will (almost) never get that sound without having it's tone sucked. Marshall, Bugera, Mesa Boogie, and Randall all have high gain tube amps to look into that would be much more suited for that style.
'89 MIJ Fender Strat
Rivera S-120
'60s PEPCO Model 211 5w head
'60s Paul (Pepco) 1x12 tube amp
'60s Harmony H303a 1x10 tube amp
[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']

Save up for a Marshall or Bugera if you want to play hi-gain stuff like that. Why would you ruin the tone of a Fender amp with a dis. pedal anyway? That almost seems like a big middle finger to Fender itself
I understand that but can it be done?
Quote by rich_sg

Quote by xCobainx
Respect in the pit?

Lol

Pink Floyd is The Best
That amp would be terrible for those bands, and the RP is garbage. What's your budget? Are you gigging, practicing, what? Is metal and hard rock the only thing you're playing, do you have specific tones you want to do? Can you go used? What part of the world are you located?

Also, don't double post, there's an edit button for a reason.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Quote by Rooskiy
I understand that but can it be done?

You're an idiot, and I don't have the patience for people like you right now.

You officially win my personal "fail of the day" award.

Like I said, unless you want to sound like absolute ****, save up for a Bugera, Marshall, or Mesa.
[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']You're an idiot, and I don't have the patience for people like you right now.

You officially win my personal "fail of the day" award.

Like I said, unless you want to sound like absolute ****, save up for a Bugera, Marshall, or Mesa.

Reported, there's no need to be a dick.

Also, why not be helpful and suggest some specific amps instead of just suggesting brands? You aren't painting yourself very smart either.
I already told him that it wouldn't sound good, and yet he asked again. That to me warrants either that he didn't read the post, or he deliberately ignored what I said just to ask it again. Can't blame me for giving an opinion. And as far as actually naming a model, isn't he capable of doing SOME research?
oh pfft, u goody 2 shoe mod ass kissers are annoying after a while,

but to support...

I myself play a PRS SE through a tube screamer to an MXR 10 band EQ, and a Bugera 333 212.

it'll get ANYTHING there damn easily.

I have been accumulating for maybe a year, so its not that much for it.
[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']I already told him that it wouldn't sound good, and yet he asked again. That to me warrants either that he didn't read the post, or he deliberately ignored what I said just to ask it again. Can't blame me for giving an opinion. And as far as actually naming a model, isn't he capable of doing SOME research?

Because he's come here for help, if you don't wanna help then go somewhere else, it's simple as that. Suggesting companies is just idiotic, like he hasn't heard of these companies.

Quote by enselmis
oh pfft, u goody 2 shoe mod ass kissers are annoying after a while,

but to support...

I myself play a PRS SE through a tube screamer to an MXR 10 band EQ, and a Bugera 333 212.

it'll get ANYTHING there damn easily.

I have been accumulating for maybe a year, so its not that much for it.

At least you made a suggestion.
well i got 500$ worth of credit at a music store so PM me which wah is best for less than that k?

also, a 333 or 333xl is very nice, or a peavey valveking, just dont **** it on fender for having sucky distortion and beautiful cleans k.

Is there any reason in particular you are so persistent about this fender anyway?
Last edited by enselmis at Feb 2, 2009,
Quote by Kevin Saale
Because he's come here for help, if you don't wanna help then go somewhere else, it's simple as that. Suggesting companies is just idiotic, like he hasn't heard of these companies.

I gave my help, and he ignored it, not my damn problem. I'm amazed at how you appear to be too damn self-righteous to see that. Besides swooping in to save the little n00b, what have you contributed to this topic? Hmm? All I saw you do was call an effect pedal complete garbage, ask a series of questions, and then come down on me for expressing my frustration. Good example of hypocrisy, eh? Or does mod status automatically permit you to set up double standards to better suit your agenda?
Whatever it is you mods do, whether it be automatically banning or working up to that through suspending their accounts, go ahead and do it. It'll just vaildate my point even further.

EDIT: We're not spamming; we're simply replying to your half-assed attempt to pound your chest and prove that you own this joint.

Isn't that what people do on forums? They reply to fellow members' posts. You being a mod, I'd have expected you to know all that already.
Last edited by [VictorinoX] at Feb 2, 2009,
And now you guys are spamming.

TS if you could answer those questions it would really help us to make some worthwhile suggestions.

Edit: If I was a mod you'd be gone already.
Last edited by Kevin Saale at Feb 2, 2009,
wtf is this thread turning into?

I appologize for ignoring your first answer. My bad. No need to be an a$$ about it.
So what tube amp will get me sound similar to metallica, scorpions, steve vai or joe satriani?
Quote by rich_sg

Quote by xCobainx
Respect in the pit?

Lol

Pink Floyd is The Best
We need a budget, need to know if you're playing anything besides metallica and the scorpions. We need to know if you're gigging and we need to know if you can go used. It would also be helpful to know where you live so we can look stuff up on craigslist for you.
Everything I list as follows will total under a grand:
Bugera 333XL 212 combo amp = $699.99
Dunlop or Morley Wah around $120-$160 I'd suggest a 535Q or a CFH Dime Wah from Dunlop for about 150$
Perhaps an MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay for those Vai-ish/Satriani solos = $150 tops

Puts you at $970 total. Plus tax, you'll squeeze in right under the $1000 mark. Pretty good deal and you can get almost any sound you'd ever need, no matter what genre.

Does that have your approval, Kevin?
Last edited by [VictorinoX] at Feb 2, 2009,
Quote by Rooskiy
wtf is this thread turning into?

I appologize for ignoring your first answer. My bad. No need to be an a$$ about it.
So what tube amp will get me sound similar to metallica, scorpions, steve vai or joe satriani?

If you can afford a Legacy you'll have nice Steve Vai tone. But if not a Bugera would probably do you good but I have limited experience with those. Here's a demo of the 333XL. http://www.proguitarshop.com/product.php?ProductID=1093&CategoryID=
And here's the 6262 http://www.proguitarshop.com/product.php?ProductID=1094&CategoryID=
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
and a DS-1 for vai!!! dont forget that one cause its the most important bit if u want his tone. also remember that vai is in the fingers, he plays through anything and it wounds the same
[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']

Ummm don't know what is wrong with that... Pedals are made to give you greater sounds with an amp. My 212R sounds much better with a DS-1 than its own piece of ass distortion. I have a Les Paul too, and at this point my rig is just bitchin, I just need a better distortion pedal.
Quote by RisingFreedom09
Ummm don't know what is wrong with that... Pedals are made to give you greater sounds with an amp. My 212R sounds much better with a DS-1 than its own piece of ass distortion. I have a Les Paul too, and at this point my rig is just bitchin, I just need a better distortion pedal.

Covering up bad tone with a distortion is not the way to go. Nothin compares to a nice amps on board distortion.

Putting money towards a new pedal is a waste when you could be putting it towards a proper amp.
[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']EDIT: We're not spamming; we're simply replying to your half-assed attempt to pound your chest and prove that you own this joint.
No, you're spamming because you're not contributing.

[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']I gave my help, and he ignored it, not my damn problem. I'm amazed at how you appear to be too damn self-righteous to see that. Besides swooping in to save the little n00b, what have you contributed to this topic? Hmm? All I saw you do was call an effect pedal complete garbage, ask a series of questions, and then come down on me for expressing my frustration. Good example of hypocrisy, eh? Or does mod status automatically permit you to set up double standards to better suit your agenda?
He asked questions because in order to make an educated and helpful suggestion, we'd need to know more info from the threadstarter.
Making generalized statements like, "Get a Marshall" may not be the best advice for this threadstarter, if, say, for the purpose of this example, he played modern metal, or had a small budget...because (a) most Marshall amps don't have enough gain for modern metal or (b) in lower budgets, there's no Marshall worth buying.
So by asking questions, we would be gathering information pertinent to the threadstarter's situation, and would be able to give a more specific and worthwhile recommendation.

Get off your high horse. Use your head.
Didn't we unofficially kind of drop this like thirty minutes ago?

Screw it. Bed and lady-friend beckons me to leave. Peace.
Yes, I can buy used, willing to spend $800 tops for the right amp. How well are Bugera amp made? What about a peavey JSX?
Quote by rich_sg

Quote by xCobainx
Respect in the pit?

Lol

Pink Floyd is The Best
A JSX costs FAR too much, it's also i little bit of a flat sounding amp, but thats cause its built to take a crap load of pedals on the front end.

Bugeras are just fine amps with great versatility
Bugera's don't seem to have very good reliability. If you can find a JSX for 800 that'd be a pretty good deal.
Quote by enselmis
A JSX costs FAR too much, it's also i little bit of a flat sounding amp, but thats cause its built to take a crap load of pedals on the front end.

Bugeras are just fine amps with great versatility

And the sh*ttiest reliability this side of no-name Chinese products.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
any other particular models I should look into?
Quote by rich_sg

Quote by xCobainx
Respect in the pit?

Lol

Pink Floyd is The Best
Page 1 of 2