I'm currently reading The Dark Tower series by Stephen King. I must say these are the best books I have read. I really like Roland. In the first book I hated him at the end but I'm on the fourth book and you feel really bad for him telling his story.
Due what you want as long as you vote Due!
im on the 7th book.
great series
▲I had a friend once
►He took some acid
▼Now he thinks he's a fire engine
I must say, The Man In Black is my favorite villain ever. I just like what he did. He will speak in a way where you only know he was telling the truth after what he said would happen happens.
Quote by Le_Bunny
I'm currently on Skeleton Crew because I don't have the focus for a novel at the moment, but I'll have to check them out in the future. I prefer his earlier works though =\

Well the first one was written in like the 70s or the 80s. It isn't really meant to be scary, and many people consider them and The Stand to be his best works.
Quote by tayroar
Well the first one was written in like the 70s or the 80s. It isn't really meant to be scary, and many people consider them and The Stand to be his best works.

i thought The Stand sucked, personally, and i have to say the first few DT books are better than the last few, but its still a great story
▲I had a friend once
►He took some acid
▼Now he thinks he's a fire engine
Loved them. Brilliant series. Ending was better than a lot of people give it credit for, I liked it. Especially the way kind led into. One of the more chilling moments of book 7 was both the lead in to the end, and what he writes as soon as the stuff at Blue Heaven concludes before...y'know...

4th one was Probobly my favourite, just because I was so damn interested in what the hell happened to Cuthbert and Alain
Quote by Tubyboulin
Loved them. Brilliant series. Ending was better than a lot of people give it credit for, I liked it. Especially the way kind led into. One of the more chilling moments of book 7 was both the lead in to the end, and what he writes as soon as the stuff at Blue Heaven concludes before...y'know...

4th one was Probobly my favourite, just because I was so damn interested in what the hell happened to Cuthbert and Alain

Yeah I'm interested in that as well, like he always talks about them. Right now I'm at the part right after the interlude and right after he and Susan *spoiler* had sex *spoiler*
I just finished The Gunslinger today after putting it off for a few years. I've always loved Stephen King, but I didn't like the thought of "King does Tolkien."

And some of it was what I expected. Lots of references to how Roland's crotch feels throughout the book, lots of throwaway references to pop culture, but there was some great stuff in there too. The suspense when Roland and Jake are crossing the giant, dangerous bridge to get out of the cavern was masterful. The man is a popular writer to beat the best of them. Jesus.
Number 9
Number 9
Number 9
Number 9
Number 9
Quote by Altered_Carbon
I just finished The Gunslinger today after putting it off for a few years. I've always loved Stephen King, but I didn't like the thought of "King does Tolkien."

And some of it was what I expected. Lots of references to how Roland's crotch feels throughout the book, lots of throwaway references to pop culture, but there was some great stuff in there too. The suspense when Roland and Jake are crossing the giant, dangerous bridge to get out of the cavern was masterful. The man is a popular writer to beat the best of them. Jesus.

Well, as you read the books more, I think in the second or third it explains why stuff from our world are in his.

edit: I'd also suggest reading on because for each one so far it has gotten better for me. At two I was like can he top this? and he did with three and then he topped three with what I have read of four.
Last edited by tayroar at Feb 3, 2009,
Quote by tayroar
I must say, The Man In Black is my favorite villain ever. I just like what he did. He will speak in a way where you only know he was telling the truth after what he said would happen happens.

i like mordred better, but he doesnt hit the scene until book six or seven. but yes, randall flag is awesome. read the stand, hes just so fucking great in that. more humanity than mordred, more anarchy fun than pennywise, more pure evil than that pure evil cat in pet semetary.

god, i fucking love stephen king.

i think the third book was my favorite in the dt series. although song of susanah was pretty prime too. and the last one. really, only wizard and glass is a miss, but it helps weave the story, so ya gotta read it.
I have no opinion on this matter.
I loved the Dark Tower books. Wizard and Glass was the only one I didn't really like, since it got really boring, but the last few books are amazing.
Quote by Trefellin
You know a music scene is fucked up when it becomes difficult to keep track of who killed who, who committed suicide and who alledgedly engaged in cannibalism.

LastFM
Quote by Zugunruhe
i like mordred better, but he doesnt hit the scene until book six or seven. but yes, randall flag is awesome. read the stand, hes just so fucking great in that. more humanity than mordred, more anarchy fun than pennywise, more pure evil than that pure evil cat in pet semetary.

god, i fucking love stephen king.

i think the third book was my favorite in the dt series. although song of susanah was pretty prime too. and the last one. really, only wizard and glass is a miss, but it helps weave the story, so ya gotta read it.
Mordred sucked imo. Everything about him was just so anti climatic

And King describes shitting your pants in such a way as to make you feel like you've just shit in your pants, which leads me to believe it was written from experience, ergo Stephen Kings shits his pants.