Page 1 of 4
Is rock really dying? Or is there a new era of the next big band awaiting to surface? What do you think?
Quote by metaldud536
Lil' Wayne is gonna save rock.

Dis, 4real. i means, lyk frum a hiphop point ov viiew, he fakin lyk, but 2 a rockstar, he mackin rele good punk rock!
Bari Build

_\_\ll/_/_
__\ _ /__
___ \/ ___

My band, obviously.
Quote by Ez0ph
That was a different Feb08er that threatened to suck you off
I remember that

Sadly, I was the threatened.
Quote by Firenze

Let it be known that I concur with everything this gentleman says, ever.

www.myspace.com/tarsusmusic
^ metaldud, you and your sarcasm...!
私の名前はアジリョです

Quote by MarshmallowPies
I snapped my high E once and sliced my finger open, so I can only assume snapping the low E would put me into a coma or something.
Metaldud's penis will rule rock..

Once again.
Last edited by Van-Hayden at Feb 2, 2009,
I actually think rock is coming back
recently in my area a lot of people have been moving on from the rap phase and are into more popular rock or even a little but of classic like AC DC
unfortunately rap still lingers
and not even the stuff thats kind of OK but all the stuff that makes you want to hit someone in the face.
this thread is ridiculous... of course rock isn't dying - people are still playing rock, right? bands are still shelling out hard riffs and sick solos right?
the Jonas Brothers
they are totally going to save the degraded, horrible piece of pop garbage that rock has become
true, awesome rock as a mainstream artform is pretty much dead
(\/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny.
(")_(") ExtremeMetalFTW donated these ears
Notice something wrong? Yea, me too
| |
[ ]
Quote by Gargantuan
Sadly, Guitar Hero is sort of saving rock music.

Ya i'm expecting a wave of Metallica shirts to hit my school after GH:Metallica comes out.
i will say where are the bands in this generation like AC/DC was in the early eighties? there is no edge to rock anymore.
To be honest, if you want what we used to get from Rock, we should be moving onto sub genres of metal or some sort..

That's a guess.
Quote by Gargantuan
Sadly, Guitar Hero is sort of saving rock music.

sorry to disappoint but DJ hero is gonna come out and that's just gonna make hip hop stay on top...sigh but I thought there was already a new era of rock made by Fall Out Boy...was I wrong?
Quote by dethead666
I thought there was already a new era of rock made by Fall Out Boy...was I wrong?

rock n roll isnt dead its just harder to find something new thats not **** or not a copy of older bands like Zeppelin or Acca Dacca

dont get me wrong bands who base there styles on older bands are full of win (Airbourne a good example) most bands are a collecton of styles from other bands
Metallica an older example (has roots in sabbath, thin lizzy, and a great number more)

but i just cannot get into those poppy radio spamed bands (eg the one in the quote)thats not rock -activates flameshield-
IMA SOCIETY DWELLING MOTHER F*CKER

UGS representitive shroudy monk
The Mars Volta is a 2001 band, one of my favorites.
Any spelling or grammatical errors written above are because of my inferior brain to yours. Good job, you won life.
Quote by ScottElwood
The Mars Volta is a 2001 band, one of my favorites.

+1

Different styles of music are presenting themselves now and people are either embracing it or not.
Quote by alaskan_ninja
Brand New will save music. Just you wait.

That probably won't happen.
Some people wait a lifetime, some simply accept...

...Some of us crash land, some of us eject...

...Some restore the blood flow, some just let it go and bleed...

...Some of us obsess, some move on to something new
Quote by whatamidoinhere
That probably won't happen.

New album this summer. Mark my words, it will descend from the heavens on a beam of light, as the clouds part and God himself issues the press release.

Backing vocals will be done by a choir of angels.
kill all humans
Quote by alaskan_ninja
New album this summer. Mark my words, it will descend from the heavens on a beam of light, as the clouds part and God himself issues the press release.

Backing vocals will be done by a choir of angels.

Haha, I believe you there, but a true artist is never understood in their own time
Either way, it'll be awesome
Some people wait a lifetime, some simply accept...

...Some of us crash land, some of us eject...

...Some restore the blood flow, some just let it go and bleed...

...Some of us obsess, some move on to something new
Quote by loudog93
i will say where are the bands in this generation like AC/DC was in the early eighties? there is no edge to rock anymore.

Were you even alive in the early 80s?
Banging on a trash can
Drumming on a street light
Quote by goest

This.

This band will save rock.

Deep down you know it to be true.
Quote by imdeth
This man deserves my +1

+1

Quote by denizenz
Go in peace my son, and teach to the pit dwellers what I have shown unto you.

ಠ_ಠ

XBL: huffy409
Last edited by [x]Huffy[x] at Feb 3, 2009,
Quote by goest

uhh... who are they

*holds up flameshield maybe?*
I don't know what to put in my sig...

How about my gear: -
o Epiphone Les Paul 100
o VOX DA5

how bout a quote?

Originally Posted by *someone*
*something funny or reffering to me*

Quote by jtmaximum
uhh... who are they

*holds up flameshield maybe?*

Mastodon. Don't be ashamed.
Quote by IROBOTInferno
I've never been caught (beating off), but my dad was picking up my gf once and "accidentaly" grabbed her boobs.
if you mean will rock ever be mainstream again, then I say the answer is no and that's the way it should be.

It's like asking if mozart will ever be in the top 40

It will always be there for people like us who actually like music, unfortunately people who don't like music will still keep buying the pumped on steroids, manufactured, grind yo ass in ma face, breathy vocals and banal improvs (a a ooowwww) which is the current trend until simon cowell and pete waterman decide what to sell them next.

people asked the same thing about crooners......
EPILPSTDYamahaRBX100BassTanglewoodTW28/STRFenderchamp600CubaseStudio5Saffirepro40AlesisM1ActiveMKIIMAudioKeystation88RodeNT1AShureSM57KeeleyModTS9MackieMCUwww.myspace.com/cuthbertgriswald
Quote by cuthbertg
if you mean will rock ever be mainstream again, then I say the answer is no and that's the way it should be.

It's like asking if mozart will ever be in the top 40

It will always be there for people like us who actually like music, unfortunately people who don't like music will still keep buying the pumped on steroids, manufactured, grind yo ass in ma face, breathy vocals and banal improvs (a a ooowwww) which is the current trend until simon cowell and pete waterman decide what to sell them next.

people asked the same thing about crooners......

The thing is, rock IS mainstream. Crappy as it may be, is nu-metal not rock?
Banging on a trash can
Drumming on a street light
Quote by BigFatSandwich
The thing is, rock IS mainstream. Crappy as it may be, is nu-metal not rock?

It's not rock as we know it - it's pouty powerchordpickin' pop
EPILPSTDYamahaRBX100BassTanglewoodTW28/STRFenderchamp600CubaseStudio5Saffirepro40AlesisM1ActiveMKIIMAudioKeystation88RodeNT1AShureSM57KeeleyModTS9MackieMCUwww.myspace.com/cuthbertgriswald
Last edited by cuthbertg at Feb 3, 2009,
anybody else thought about how when we're older, all the deth metal and stuff like that we listen to will simply be called "classic rock?" lol. kinda weird
Quote by drdoom8793
anybody else thought about how when we're older, all the deth metal and stuff like that we listen to will simply be called "classic rock?" lol. kinda weird

Well I'mk looking forward to sitting in my rocking chair, grandchild on knee with Jesus Built my Hotrod up to 11
Quote by cuthbertg
Well I'mk looking forward to sitting in my rocking chair, grandchild on knee with Jesus Built my Hotrod up to 11

lol. that does sound pretty good.
To me, electronic music is where the innovation is at the moment, so we'll expect to see more dance elements in rock, which could go either way and be **** (like enter shikari, nu rave etc) or be good.
Quote by DanRev
To me, electronic music is where the innovation is at the moment, so we'll expect to see more dance elements in rock, which could go either way and be **** (like enter shikari, nu rave etc) or be good.

Electronic music will be in 3 years time what jangly guitar using, regionally accented "landfill indie" music is today. A huge walking cliché of a genre suffocating in its own flatulence.
Page 1 of 4