Page 1 of 2
dethead666
Banned
240 IQ
sorry for making one too many threads on this forum but I noticed not only a lack of Texan musicians making threads I also didn't see a specific thread regarding them post what kind of music you play and what area of Texas you hail from. Me I'm from League City and I play old metal all the way to experimental.
SalemREIGN
10 IQ
Dallas area *not in dallas but thats where i gig* and its some of the good ol thrash metal with some southern swagger.

good idea here.
Guitars:
Gibson Explorer - White
PRS SE Singlecut
Fender Acoustic

Amps:
Crate head w/ POD preamp
Crate 120 watt POS
Crate Cab
Cutlass_253
280 IQ
This seems kool. I'm in Austin, and really I like playing anything, although I'm probably biggest on hard rock.

Dunlop 535Q Wah, Ibanez TS-9, EHX LBM
Mesa/Boogie Express 5:25
MXR 6-band EQ, Boss NS-2, Boss PS-5, MXR Phase 90, MXR Carbon Copy

GAS: Micro POG

Quote by Zugunruhe
this was the funniest thing ive seen in the pit for weeks.

^about me
texasthrasher
texasthrasher
34 IQ
O im from Midland I play thrash metal but with more of a Pantera feel.O and im looking for a band to jam in im 15 but pretty good.
SuperKoolKid
1st place nice guy
408 IQ
Longview, and I play ... anything I like? I'd say metal, rock, metal punk, progressive rock. Me and my other Texan friend (He's orig from Wyoming, I think) came up with this

http://www.lithiumstar.com/Artists.html

it's not finished yet. The vox have to be recorded, plus this is just a demo (check out the About Us page xD ). I actually didn't have a part in the recording, but I came up with a lot of the rhythm lines, and his dad's friend's band helped with the drums and bass and leads and stuff.
(: Happily E-Married to Nizzi <3 (:
Quote by Myfirstpubes
Then you get your bathroom door kicked in by some dude in a leather thong and a cape saying, "THIS IS SPARTA!"

Quote by shanethestoner
hard work. and inspiration... or marijuana

My MySpace
Last edited by SuperKoolKid at Feb 19, 2009,
cray159
Guitar N00b!
1,271 IQ
I'm also in Dallas.

I like playing alt rock and classic rock.
saulhudsonslash
826 IQ
I live in houston (sw) and i play guitar, thrash, death metal, with some swedish melodic influences, if anyone drums PLEASE get back at me.
Quote by drunkinkoala
It's weird, kids want to be adults and adults want to be kids.

Quote by HarmlessLilF*ck
You know you're a guitar player when you would rather use the internet to look at pictures of guitars than spread eagled chicks.
Bertallica
Here
624 IQ
San Antonio rocker reporting for Texas roll call.
Imagination is more important than knowledge...
It is a miracle that curiosity survives formal education.
- Albert Einstein -
bubbaearl
what a redneck name!
168 IQ
I live in Lubbock. I play mostly classic rock, 80s metal, stuff like that.
Quote by thedude051
bubbaearl...Man that is...THE SICKEST NAME EVER!!!

Quote by Stress Cow
bubbaearl... apparently it's the sickest name ever

Are you over 30?
Probably not, but if you are, click HERE.
Senada
140 IQ
I'm also from a little town near Waco, McGregor, and i play just about anything that suits my fancy.

Hey bubbaearl, i used to live up there near Lubbock in Earth. Was visiting my dad up there last month! You guys getting any better weather up there?
Last edited by Senada at Feb 21, 2009,
saladforkspear
76 IQ
yo whats up texans im from el paso texas, i play blues-punk
Quote by LuckyBoys91
+ ****ing 1

i've got a point

Quote by Pr0gNut
No,they're to high end for me.I usually just walk into a random building and scream "FIX MY BANJO NOW!!!!" until they hit me with sticks and call the police.

TSHM.
Podey
428 IQ
I live in Seymour, right near Wichita Falls.
Senada
140 IQ
Texan guitarists UNITE!

I recon if we all plug our guitars in at exactly the right second on the exact same day and all play the exact same notes all at once as loud as we possibly can.......nothing will happen
Im_freakinbad67
45 IQ
Quote by Senada
Texan guitarists UNITE!

I recon if we all plug our guitars in at exactly the right second on the exact same day and all play the exact same notes all at once as loud as we possibly can.......nothing will happen

Not true we may just go deaf.
Quote by SquierLolz
Guitar cables!
Now with 50% less cancer!
chillbeast
Industrigital
65 IQ
I'm in dallas, dabble in guitar, bass, drums and synth. Mostly I work on industrial rock/metal but I'll play anything
GrimmBass
55 IQ
Near Fort Worth, I'm just starting out so i really can't be too picky about what I play, especially with how bad I am.
fatpad00
15 IQ
im a bassist in the dallas area. i havent been playing with a band, so im not sure exactly what my niche is, but i lone meatl/altrock. looking for a band, preferably in collin county
Benfriend2112
Just Some Guy
57 IQ
Oh me? I'm just chillin in houston. I play all sorts of stuff. My favorites though are metal with any sort of prog feel to it, Classic Rock, some thrash, and prog rock. One of you houston locals should hit me up so we can jam!
Last edited by Benfriend2112 at Jun 3, 2009,
TheClash57
TheClash57
204 IQ
I'm a bassist in the Grapevine area and I want to be in a punk band of some sorts. I'm just about 18 and pretty good
2trouble
31 IQ
Oak Cliff, Dallas, Texas. Havent been playing for that long, but the blues are my favorite to listen and try to learn.
whitenihilist
Fluttershy Aran
686 IQ
Just outside of Terlingua, Texas in the middle of the desert. Live about 30 mins away from Big Bend national park.

I used to live in Fort Worth(on a street called Winfield), then I moved to where I am now about a month ago because of a job. I play old style Metal and blues rock.
BLM-BackbonE
10 IQ
Big Spring, Texas here! On I-20 about 30minutes east of Midland on I-20. My band is looking for a singer by the way! We play metal, not a whole lot of thrash, mainly just HEAVY.
We jam about 4-5 times a week and all have full time jobs. Having a good time drinking some beers and jamming!

Keep Rocking TEXAS!
Skylit13
43 IQ
San antonio 210 !
i play post hardcore !!
musican needed san antonio !!!
Mjr. Elric
39 IQ
Bassist in Plano!
Blues, Classic Rock, Hard Rock, anything that I can listen to.

P.s. I need a band!!!!
DieEierVonSatan
44 IQ
I live in Gladewater. I play stuff from Metallica to Red Hot Chili Peppers to Tool.
wiredisme
885 IQ
Tyler, TX. Alternative rock, indie. Trying to learn jazz and blues on guitar to incorporate that into my music somehow.
DANIEL133337
83 IQ
I'm from fort worth i play any type of metal also hard rock like avenged sevenfold system of a down etc.
TehPsychoChef
doesnt know what to put.
14 IQ
In a small town near waco.
Starting a band, we're gonna do punk...
Tojo62
Pre-Registered User
254 IQ
Canyon Lake, Texas. I play Metal/Hard Rock/Classic Rock/Southern Rock. Pretty much everything rock
We can dance if we want to
We can leave your friends behind
'Cause your friends don't dance and if they don't dance
Well they're no friends of mine
Undrgrndmlita
Metal Enthusiast
34 IQ
North of Dallas/Ft. Worth Airport, Play Metal of all kinds, I really wanna make a Metalcore or a Melodeth band
Gear:
Dean VX
Line 6 Spider 3 15 watt

"A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic."
-Joseph Stalin

"It is just that heavy metal musicians write in minor keys, and when you do that, you frighten people."
-Ronnie James Dio
Theripchord
13 IQ
15I live 20min south of fort worth and play post hardcore experental stuff.
ChadHasADD
Banned
362 IQ
Wow, it seems Texas has a few thrash fans. I wish I could move to Texas instead of Louisiana.

You guys are lucky. The music scene in Louisiana is poser screamo/ metalcore.
bam1528
236 IQ
Corpus Christi here..just started like 7 months ago but im learning really fast and looking for a band tha plays metal im 15 btw
Neo_Towel
Porch Monkey 4 Life
444 IQ
houston- clear lake area. If anyone wants to jam or get something going pm me
Electro Metal???

myspace.com/lividarchaic
defenderobanana
106 IQ
im guitarist in houston area. I play guitar, but I also play drums. I like everything except for death metal, and country pretty much.
Friends are like potatoes, if you eat them they die.
ajreciever14
Spells receiver wrong
130 IQ
west side of fort worth here. i play mostly old stuff like def leppard or van halen, but i dabble in blues and jazz.

pm me if u wanna jam.
In speed versus emotional playing, i think of an M16 versus an M24. You can have 650 rounds per minute, or one round, one kill. Both should be in your arsenal.

PSN and XBL: xxWONDERxxBOYxx
Leave a message that you're from UG with your username
iduno871
477 IQ
Beaumont, Tx 22. I play Melodeath, metalcore, experimental, along with some jazz and blues infulences.(Soilwork, Machinemade God, Old KSE, Between the Buried and Me) U understand Music Theory fairly well and I'm Looking for a group to actually go somewhere, not just play the local scene while maintaining a full time job.