Page 1 of 2
Help i want to buy a new amp bt dnt no wich 1 2 get

I have a fender frontman 15g at the moment nd it is literaly ass

I tryd out the frontman 212r nd lykd bt ive heard bad things bout it

I play a lot of heavy stuff like SOAD, BFMV, mudvayne u get the idea. so i wnt gud distortion ( I HAVE A DIGITECH GRUNGE PEDAL ALREDY)

PLEASE HELP ANY SUGGESTIONS

My Gear

Fender: Squier Strat
Fender: Squier P bass
Ibanez: UNKNOWN
Marunugi: UNKNOWN
Digitech: Grunge
HOMEMADE: KILLSWITCH
Fender: Frontman 15g
Ashton: DRUM KIT
K00LGUY
Don't go for FM212R, it can't do teh br00t4lz at all. Budget? And nearest major city?
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Spellcheck...and numbers aren't words. Please...it makes interpretation easier.

You're going to want to ditch that grunge, too.
I'm putting my GAS on hold
for a couple months in order to pimp my ride.

Don't judge me.
but you can't get certain things there. what's a link to the website you buy from?

Don't judge me.
Quote by theoreticmusic
Spellcheck...and numbers aren't words. Please...it makes interpretation easier.

It's a joke, dude. People spell it like that as a joke.
i will not answer this question until this man learns to type in a way that does not make him look like a jackass
[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']It's a joke, dude. People spell it like that as a joke.
no, people spell it like that because it's easy, and the english language (or any language, for that matter) is not open to interpretation. it really does make things easier to read if they're spelled properly. I'm not trying to be a tool.

Quote by blacklabel22333
i will not answer this question until this man learns to type in a way that does not make him look like a jackass

see, that's being a tool.

Don't judge me.
[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']It's a joke, dude. People spell it like that as a joke.

I think he was talking about the original post, not teh br00t4lz.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

hey mol, how are ya?

Well our opinions are completely different here bud. I LOVE my new FM 212R , it (with several good pedals) producces crisp, clear, creamy, crunchy distortion, I really do not understand why so many hate it. In any case, to each his own, right?

Look, I love my Frontman, but asking for everyones opinion will confuse you. Some prefer different amps, depending on their music. I suggest you go to where ever music store it is you like, try out every amp you can find. For the price, my 212R came out on top.

There are better amps at its price range, but I simply can not get them.

Anyways whatever YOU like, and what sounds good for you, that should suffice.
Quote by RisingFreedom09
hey mol, how are ya?

Well our opinions are completely different here bud. I LOVE my new FM 212R , it (with several good pedals) producces crisp, clear, creamy, crunchy distortion, I really do not understand why so many hate it. In any case, to each his own, right?

Look, I love my Frontman, but asking for everyones opinion will confuse you. Some prefer different amps, depending on their music. I suggest you go to where ever music store it is you like, try out every amp you can find. For the price, my 212R came out on top.

Why would this forum exist if your post were entirely correct?

mmolerator has it.

Don't judge me.
Quote by mmolteratx
I think he was talking about the original post, not teh br00t4lz.

My bad. Off topic, but check out the "No Money for Girlfriend's Gift" post in the Pit. Hilarious.
Quote by RisingFreedom09
I suggest you go to where ever music store it is you like, try out every amp you can find.

This is probably the best thing to do
thanks RisingFreedom09 i think i will go with the frontman

Sorry to everyone for talking like a tool im just use to it because i use MSN alot

Thank you guys.
K00LGUY
A telecaster with a dimebucker in it
Jk
Whats your price range/ genre of music?
Btw theoretic I think you should apply for a position as mod dude.
Quote by envoykrawkwar7

edge11
that was an epic win
best thing ive read all day

[feel free to sig this statement]

Gear:
Esp Ltd Ninja 600
Esp Ltd F-50
les paul elite
5watt jcm800 clone
Roland jc-55
Crate V33
Jca20H
Ibanez tubescreamer ts9
Keeley ds-1
Quote by RisingFreedom09
hey mol, how are ya?

Well, congrats on getting something you like. Yea, it kind of sucks that GCs selection is so limited.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

Quote by blacklabel22333

He is from New Zealand... E.g. He doesn't speak very good English. Who's looking like the jack ass now?
Quote by KOOLGUY1995
thanks RisingFreedom09 i think i will go with the frontman

Sorry to everyone for talking like a tool im just use to it because i use MSN alot

Thank you guys.

Wait...you read that post and somehow concluded that you should get a frontman? If anything, he was saying to GO TRY THINGS. and you still haven't provided a budget. don't get the frontman.

And edge...hardly.

Don't judge me.
I know that in MusicWorks you can get a Peavey Valveking for $1000, and I've heard rumours that if you haggle a bit you can get a Randall RG50TC for about that price.

Or go to TradeMe. Last time I was there, I saw that Jensens were flogging off B-52s for $800, which would be great for teh br00talz and leave money for a good OD if it's not enough for you.

The B-52 or Randall would be best for you cause the VK can't do much metal without a pedal and needs a speaker swap to not sound like arse.

EDIT- And learn to spell mate. You're not making New Zealand look good, as if telecastermetal hadn't done enough to ruin it's image in most of this forum's eyes. This coming from an Australian (albeit one who lived in NZ for five years).
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
Last edited by shadow__666 at Feb 3, 2009,
Quote by shadow__666
I know that in MusicWorks you can get a Peavey Valveking for $1000, and I've heard rumours that if you haggle a bit you can get a Randall RG50TC for about that price.

Or go to TradeMe. Last time I was there, I saw that Jensens were flogging off B-52s for $800, which would be great for teh br00talz and leave money for a good OD if it's not enough for you.

The B-52 or Randall would be best for you cause the VK can't do much metal without a pedal and needs a speaker swap to not sound like arse.

this man has it.

Don't judge me.
U do no nzers use exactly the same language as u guys i am just used to talking on msn
K00LGUY
Okay - everybody in this thread lied to you so far. The perfect amp for you is the Marshall MG halfstack. It has crushing distortion and it is a Marshall!!! Don't even listen to anyone else. Seriously.
Quote by theoreticmusic
Wait...you read that post and somehow concluded that you should get a frontman? If anything, he was saying to GO TRY THINGS. and you still haven't provided a budget. don't get the frontman.

lol at his complete misinterpretation. Like theoretic said, you need to try as many amps in your budget that you have access to and see what suits you best. That's what RisingFreedom did, he tried it and liked it so he bought it.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

Last edited by mmolteratx at Feb 3, 2009,
Quote by mmolteratx
Well, congrats on getting something you like. Yea, it kind of sucks that GCs selection is so limited.

Thanks

This amp buy itself is terrible, but with some good pedals, it sounds great (for me)

If I had access to more of the amps you recommended, I would have chosen perhaps the Valveking LOL.

The only thing guitar center has true variety of, is guitars hehehe.

Thanks for the help though. I now have better insight on amps.
Quote by mmolteratx
lol at his complete misinterpretation. Like theoretic said, you need to try as many amps in your budget and see what suits you best.

Yeah, with a budget of 1000, I would think you could do better than the FM. ( unless new Zealand currency equals 3* our own.) try every amp possible, then pick which you like best.
Quote by RisingFreedom09
He is from New Zealand... E.g. He doesn't speak very good English. Who's looking like the jack ass now?

lulz. i guarantee their schools are better than the ones in America at teaching English.

Don't judge me.
^ I don't know. I didn't exactly learn a lot of English in my NZ high school. Of course, I spent most of the time at the back of the class plotting for world domination with my two best mates. Seriously.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
Quote by theoreticmusic
lulz. i guarantee their schools are better than the ones in America at teaching English.

They'd have to be pretty bad to be worse than us. I go to one of the top public schools in the nation and most teachers have no idea what they're talking about except the AP ones.

Quote by KOOLGUY1995

That's just a cab... So unless you want to be like 311 at the beginning of his NAD post but for realz, I suggest you look at a head as well.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

Last edited by mmolteratx at Feb 3, 2009,
I think we can safely conclude that we wish we could all be as cool as KOOLGUY1995.
Quote by mmolteratx
They'd have to be pretty bad to be worse than us. I go to one of the top public schools in the nation and most teachers have no idea what they're talking about except the AP ones.

Hah. Exactly. I went to prep school, and it still wasn't impressive.

TS: that's just speakers. you need an amp. Dude, just read the damn stickies. You need to understand how all of this works, clearly.
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=149114

Don't judge me.
Quote by KOOLGUY1995

TS, that would be a cabinet. You need a head to make sound from it.

And also, effing learn to type. I spend a lot of time on MSN too and even more time sending texts, yet I don't feel a need 2 typ lyk ths al da tim jst cuz I'm teh epicz.

You're not doing a lot of good as an advertisement for the sh*tty NZ education system.
Quote by Cathbard
Now, back to buisness.

All amps are good at different things and will not sound good at other things (DUH)

But using an amp to its potential is what one must do. The Frontman has potential, and I've tapped in to it, but there are better amps. Much better. Personal preference is the key factor. Do not like a certain brand or guitar or amp because everyone else uses it or recommended it (cough cough Vypyr) some will like it some won't. Like it because you actually like it.
I highly doubt the KOOLGUY1995 is a good representation of any education system...
Quote by Dr.Pain-MD
I highly doubt the KOOLGUY1995 is a good representation of any education system...

seriously, man, either shut the **** up or start contributing.
reported.

Don't judge me.
Because I'm a nice person, I'm giving you another chance to prove you are not mentally retarded.

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Music-instruments/Instruments/Guitar-bass/Guitar-amps/auction-199980800.htm Cab is sh*te, but the head is epic. Go for it if you can afford it.
http://www.trademe.co.nz/Music-instruments/Instruments/Guitar-bass/Guitar-amps/auction-199998763.htm If you can't afford the JCM900, get one of these. You've only got 4 hours left, so move quickly.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by theoreticmusic
seriously, man, either shut the **** up or start contributing.
reported.

Ok TS - get a Valveking and an OD. Happy with the typical reply?
Careful guys, he's gonna pull a 311 on us and surprise us with a Splawn. If you can afford that JCM900 that's not bad but sell the cab and get a new one. The B-52's a pretty good choice too, although I'm not sure what a new one costs there.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

Quote by Dr.Pain-MD

Ok TS - get a Valveking and an OD. Happy with the typical reply?

Quote by Dr.Pain-MD

Quote by Dr.Pain-MD
I think we can safely conclude that we wish we could all be as cool as KOOLGUY1995.

Quote by Dr.Pain-MD
Okay - everybody in this thread lied to you so far. The perfect amp for you is the Marshall MG halfstack. It has crushing distortion and it is a Marshall!!! Don't even listen to anyone else. Seriously.

yeah, seems about as useful as the rest of that.

Don't judge me.
Page 1 of 2