Ah sorry for the extremely noobish question, but

I always seem to come by this kind of note...


Now I know it means bend., but I don't understand how I'm supposed to play both of those notes if they are on the same string at the same time...

help is appreciated by this noob
You fret the 12th fret and bend it up a half-step. Till it sounds like the fretted note on the 13th fret.
You fret the 12th fret, and then bend it a half step, until it sounds like the 13th fret.
I'm still new.