I'm looking for a new guitar. I mostly play Coheed, Pink Floyd, other types. Use Amplitube 2 for an amp. need help between these guitars

Gibson Explorer
Ibanez Iceman (probably STM1)
Minarik Lotus
PRS Singlecut SE

Any input will help. i'm looking for a guitar i can get some intense pinch harmonics out of.
I'd say either the Explorer or the PRS. I am a huge fan of the SE series, especially the singlecuts and customs (which you should also look into). Out of the many guitars I have played over the past few years I would say that the PRS is probably the best feeling, sounding, and easiest to play. Looking into each of those guitars I'd say that none of them are necessarily bad choices. Ultimately go to a guitar center or local guitar shop and play them and see which one you like best.
Quote by in2thesun88
I'd say either the Explorer or the PRS. I am a huge fan of the SE series, especially the singlecuts and customs (which you should also look into). Out of the many guitars I have played over the past few years I would say that the PRS is probably the best feeling, sounding, and easiest to play. Looking into each of those guitars I'd say that none of them are necessarily bad choices. Ultimately go to a guitar center or local guitar shop and play them and see which one you like best.

+1 PRS SE are some of the best guitar at 600$(about) i have ever played/heard. i hate ibanez except a couple acoustics so i'm not the one to talk about that. out of just those 2 gibson but i vote expand your choices. again PRS!!!
The PRS SE's are awesome. Probably one of my favorite studio guitars. But seriously, nothing is more comfortable than an Explorer while standing up... Just not a fan of the pickups they come with.
MINI enthusiast

@stevenpollock

My band: avenueofembers.com
Quote by neverspoiled
thank you stevenpollock..
the only Pit-head thats not a douche bag...right now anyway
=)
Well since it's already been said, I'll have to agree with PRS. I played the doublecut at Guitar Center and it was an awesome guitar, the neck was sick.
PRS or Explorer.
(۳ ˚Д˚۳
WTFISTHIS****!?!??

My Rig

Quote by SimplyBen
Wait until he's trying the fullstack, then shove it from behind. Crushing him with it's overdrive

Quote by BobDetroit
You can't tune a LP copies down. Some kind of lawsuit Gibson won. Sorry.
Explorer or PRS, and that's coming from a guy who LOVES ibanez
-Gear-
Line 6 Flextone III Plus
Behringer FCB1010 Emulating a FBV Longboard
Gibson leave the rest in the dust. Iceman are nice gutiars but totally below gibson in almost every respect. it also depends which type gibson you would get; custom, special, studio etc.

i think ibanez and gibson should join up and make an explorer with edge zero and dimarzios. that would be sweet.

Epiphone Hummingbird
Epiphone Futura Custom Prophecy (Twin EMG)
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Danelectro Cool Cat Drive
Boss EQ

Last edited by Silver-spear94 at Feb 3, 2009,
Quote by Silver-spear94
Gibson leave the rest in the dust. Iceman are nice gutiars but totally below gibson in almost every respect. it also depends which type gibson you would get; custom, special, studio etc.

i think ibanez and gibson should join up and make an explorer with edge zero and dimarzios. that would be sweet.

Or Ibanez could just release a Destroyer model with those specs

I'd say the explorer would be your best bet.The SE series has never wowed me at all,and the sam siggy just looks bad IMO.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

i think the iceman is an acquired taste, i am looking for a faded explorer, i can't seam to find any so i will probably go with this

http://www.zzounds.com/item--GIBEXP76

i played a regular explorer the other day and the pickups didn't seam horrible? it picked up pitch harmonics pretty well and also got a good crunch. i played a prs right after and going from the explorer the PRS felt kinda cheap? didn't really get a chance to play with it much!
My fan boy wants to say Explorer or Iceman, but I don't think it would be best suited for your needs. Probably the PRS would be best.
Quote by camhussynec
ibanez ftw but sam totams sig is ugly

Ibanez soiled the icemans name with that filth that is dragonforce

but the guitar itself is decently nice, but they ruined it with that gay ass tremolo
Explorer! Seriously, they are AMAZING!
Jesus wouldn't give you the sweat off of his balls if you were dying of thirst.
Quote by Code-E
God, you've gotta be UG's only moron!

Quote by magnum1117
that's right,you certainly are UG's only moron.

Quote by necrosis1193
Read the moron's posts, ironically enough he knows what he says.
Quote by Silver-spear94

Only out of those guitars. An Ibanez Prestige, which he could afford if he's looking at the Explorer, would blow away all but those rare gems Gibson is now putting out. It took me forever to find my Gibbys, I was in and out of tons of guitar stores almost everyday for 2 months for each of them.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Quote by mmolteratx
Only out of those guitars. An Ibanez Prestige, which he could afford if he's looking at the Explorer, would blow away all but those rare gems Gibson is now putting out. It took me forever to find my Gibbys, I was in and out of tons of guitar stores almost everyday for 2 months for each of them.

Actually i hate the look of that guitar. don't hate me ha