I'm not sure if this is the right area of UG to be asking, but I need some advice.

My current bands singer is a shift worker for Customs. He takes his job very seriously and it means a lot to him. However, because he works a sporadic roster (not to mention overtimes), he's not always available for gigs/jam sessions/other band related activities.

After long discussions, the rest of the band and I have decided to let him go. We don't blame him for choosing his job over the band (he's getting married soon and has a mortgage to pay), but we need someone more reliable if we want to try to make it.

Heres the part I need advice about: He's my best friend of 13 years. Whats the best way of breaking it to him without jeopardising our friendship? As I've said, we harbour no ill feelings towards him and he didn't do anything 'wrong'. It's just that we are committed to making it but he's a victim of circumstance and can't dedicate his time to us.
Agreed tell him what you just posted and he should be fine with that if hes really your best friend
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Randy Rhoads V with Floyd Rose
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech RP70 Guitar Processor
its like a break up. dont sugar coat it but dont kick him in the face with it. its hard, but it must be done.
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
i love me some bunnys

--> --> --> -->

Anybody up for a WookieCore Band? You let me know.

Watch me as i Rock on...
Tell him what you told us. If hes that great of a friend he will understand. Just say that your band takes a lot of commitment and you think its best to find someone else for a singer.

You could also find a new singer but still have him join you guys every once in a while. Kinda a "Not feel left out" thing.
Wow, I can't believe how mature this forum is (compared to others I've been to). Thanks for the good advice!

Part of me knew what to do, I just needed someone to re-enforce that.
just tell him that you love him like a brother and you want whats best for him and that he should focus on whatsimportant and take care of his family and future and he shuld be pretty col about it
Quote by L2112Lif
I put a ton of my capital into SW Airlines... The next day, THE NEXT DAY these nutters fly into the WTC. What the hell? Apparently no one wanted to fly anymore, and I was like "What gives? God damnit Osama, let me win a fuggin' game!"
Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
just tell him that you love him like a brother

whoa dude
signed,
your favorite poster
Tell him you ****ed his girlfriend. Then be like "CYKE! But you're out of the band man, sorry"
Quote by wemonir
whoa dude

How is that weird? Do you have sex with your brother or something? No wincest on UG, save it for /b/.
But seriously, if he's been your friend for that long he'll understand if you just tell him what you told us.
Quote by wemonir
whoa dude

yeah whats so ****ed up about that and if you knew him as long as you have he will understand
Quote by L2112Lif
I put a ton of my capital into SW Airlines... The next day, THE NEXT DAY these nutters fly into the WTC. What the hell? Apparently no one wanted to fly anymore, and I was like "What gives? God damnit Osama, let me win a fuggin' game!"