Both have EMG's and both are neck-thru. Has anyone played both of these guitars extensively? Which one is the best? I know that the Schecter has a Floyd Rose, Single Coil splitters, and a tad thicker neck. I understand the Ibanez has a thinner neck allowing for better playability.

So, I ask you, which one is better?
Quote by Ignite

Once I got out of a pool and it was like 1cm.

Quote by Meths
I think there are few people with a less important opinion on women than you.
The one thats better is the one the feels and sounds best to you
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Randy Rhoads V with Floyd Rose
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech RP70 Guitar Processor
They should sound pretty similar, but the Schecter has a thicker neck, which I personally prefer. Try 'em out...
You need to try them
If you laugh at this I get to have sex with you.
Click here to see the most beautiful guitar imaginable.
Quote by Jeltz
Sukman_Jr: Going on a trip to Finmark in Norway is a bad idea aswell! Beware of Nazi-zombies!
Well what Kind of music are you going to be playing? Schecters are beautiful guitars and are fairly decent when it comes to playing them. There is something that doesn't click with me when I play Schecters, I think its the neck, but they sound pretty good and look amazing, one could get used to playing them over time. If I had to I would go with the Schecter just because it is a good blend of looks and sound, but then again I am not much of an Ibanez RG fan, but they do have their followers and people who swear by them. As I have said to people before, it is important to play them in a store and see which one you like best.

EDIT:
In the case of a fast neck then I would say go with Ibanez. I feel like my playing slows down a bit on a Schecter neck, it just feels different as I said, which is fine by me since I don't play fast music to begin with. Ibanez is definitely built for speed in most cases.
Last edited by in2thesun88 at Feb 3, 2009,
I can't play the Ibanez in store and I have played the Hellraiser FR and I like it a lot, but the action is too high (which can be adjusted with floyd rose anyway, right?)

So yeah, I can't play the Ibanez. I would really like to have a really fast neck on a guitar... And the versitality of the SC switches.
Quote by Ignite

Quote by Meths
Quote by meta1militia
I can't play the Ibanez in store and I have played the Hellraiser FR and I like it a lot, but the action is too high (which can be adjusted with floyd rose anyway, right?)

So yeah, I can't play the Ibanez. I would really like to have a really fast neck on a guitar... And the versitality of the SC switches.

Yeah action is adjusted really easily hell I have never done a full setup on my rg and I can adjust the action when I need to.
Ibanez RG7321
Peavey Valveking 112
Quote by Lethal Dosage
The one thats better is the one the feels and sounds best to you

I ****ing hate useless ass comments like this. Thanks. For nothing.

Anyways personally I like the Hellraiser because the EMG actives, but I must admit after buying my Damien FR and playing a buddies ZR equipped Ibanez I was a little jealous. Ibanez is doing some killer **** with their bridges.

Overall sound and feel, get a hellraiser dude.
"You can drink an ugly chick hot, but you can’t drink a fat chick skinny."

Fender: HSS Stratocaster

Modulus: 1991 Q5

Peavey:158BASS
Marshall: MG30FDX
Acoustic: B200
Quote by gizmodious

Anyways personally I like the Hellraiser because the EMG actives, but I must admit after buying my Damien FR and playing a buddies ZR equipped Ibanez I was a little jealous. Ibanez is doing some killer **** with their bridges.

Ummm I could tell him GET THE IBANEZ but if he gets it and hates it then hes gonna be dissapointed my point was that he needs to try them both out and see what feels better to him. We can recommend guitars all day but in the end its the buyers choice on what feels/sounds better to him.

There was that a useful enough comment for you?

EDIT: I dont mean to flame you I just dont like being attacked
Ibanez RG7321
Peavey Valveking 112
Last edited by Lethal Dosage at Feb 3, 2009,
Quote by gizmodious

The Ibanez has EMGs too
thanks for most of the responses. As stated, I love the versitality of the Schecter, but I think I could play better, and faster, on the Ibanez. In the end, I guess that's what matters. Thanks!
Quote by Ignite

Quote by Meths
Quote by gizmodious

Notice how many personal references there were there? The things you are saying are based on what YOU think, which is a lot more useless than what TS's thinks.

Lethal Dosage and Shukman are completely correct, as everyone's opinions and preferences are different so is their basis for recommendation, so it's inevitably biased and ultimately useless.

The occasion where those comments would be useless would be if TS didn't have access to a guitar shop and was buying without trying, which he is not.

So, I believe, Lethal Dosage and Shukman gave the most useful comments and YOU sir are an ass.
-Gear-
Line 6 Flextone III Plus
Behringer FCB1010 Emulating a FBV Longboard
Quote by Lethal Dosage
Ummm I could tell him GET THE IBANEZ but if he gets it and hates it then hes gonna be dissapointed my point was that he needs to try them both out and see what feels better to him. We can recommend guitars all day but in the end its the buyers choice on what feels/sounds better to him.

There was that a useful enough comment for you?

EDIT: I dont mean to flame you I just dont like being attacked

That comment actually WAS useful. Thanks.

Quote by Shukman_Jr
You need to try them

+1

I've played the Ibanez and it's amazing. Haven't played the Schecter. But yeah...definitely try them both out (and others in the price range) before you make your decision.
Quote by aradroxar
Notice how many personal references there were there? The things you are saying are based on what YOU think, which is a lot more useless than what TS's thinks.

Lethal Dosage and Shukman are completely correct, as everyone's opinions and preferences are different so is their basis for recommendation, so it's inevitably biased and ultimately useless.

The occasion where those comments would be useless would be if TS didn't have access to a guitar shop and was buying without trying, which he is not.

So, I believe, Lethal Dosage and Shukman gave the most useful comments and YOU sir are an ass.

An opinion is useful, regardless of how personalized it is. Our knowledge in this world is based on experience.

I won't deny that I'm an ass, but you gotta admit saying "do what feels right" is like your boss giving you a enormous workload, then when you asked how you were suppose to do it all he just said "do your best". Useless.

Either way, my apologies to both Lethal and Shukman. A little more insight wouldn't kill you guys would it?

Quote by gizmodious
An opinion is useful, regardless of how personalized it is. Our knowledge in this world is based on experience.

I won't deny that I'm an ass, but you gotta admit saying "do what feels right" is like your boss giving you a enormous workload, then when you asked how you were suppose to do it all he just said "do your best". Useless.

Either way, my apologies to both Lethal and Shukman. A little more insight wouldn't kill you guys would it?

Thank you I would put more insight but since Im inevitably biased towards ibanez Im almost always gonna say the ibanez
Ibanez RG7321
Peavey Valveking 112
Not familiar with the Ibanez but I'd just like to point out that the Hellraiser (and many Schecters for that matter) is probably the most common used guitar to buy, it seems like a LOT of people buy them because everybody praises them, and then sell them when they realize they really don't like them that much. Just check out the Gear Ads, there's always 3-4 Hellraisers or C1s for sale. If I were you I'd play one before you buy it, just my 2 cents.

2001 Fender MIM Stratocaster
1987 Fender F-210 Acoustic
Partscaster (in progress)

Traynor YCV40
Ibanez TS-9
Ibanez AD-9
MXR M-108
EHX Metal Muff
Boss NS-2

WTB:
Boss TU-2 Chromatic Tuner

Follow me on Twitter!
Quote by gizmodious

Get the hellraiser man, TRUST ME. It plays, looks, and feels like a dream. And since I've gotten mine, the value has gone up $75, so it'll have good resale too. It can do most genres really well, and contrary to popular belief, the cleans are not muddy at all on mine through my VK.
My Gear
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
EHX Metal Muff
Peavey Valvking 112
Boss ME-50
Holy Grail Reverb
well the Ibanez is Neck-Through but the Hellraiser is NOT.

hellraisers are Set-Neck. i probably would get the hellraiser. Even though i'm a Ibby Fanboy, the thin neck of Ibby's make my hand cramp up

EDIT: Sparta,
I tried the Hellsraiser FR through a VK but i could not get a decent clean tone out of it. spent alot of time at GC EQ'ing the damn thing but it sounded too muddy, also sounded like it had a bit of dirt thrown into the clean channel. not what i wanted.
Quote by metaldud536
...I mean if indians stood naked in front of me, i couldn't tell if they're hispanic or native american. unless they put on clothes

At first he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
I love you, man. No homo

But then, he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
I love you even more now. Slightly homo
Last edited by SomebodySomeone at Feb 3, 2009,
Quote by msuspartan
Get the hellraiser man, TRUST ME. It plays, looks, and feels like a dream. And since I've gotten mine, the value has gone up $75, so it'll have good resale too. It can do most genres really well, and contrary to popular belief, the cleans are not muddy at all on mine through my VK.

Lol...

I'd say ibanez if you want a fast neck. Nothing cuts it for a fast, thin neck like ibanez does imo.