So I already have a Schecter C-1 Elite diamond series and I'm really wanting a flying V just because they look so sick. Well I purchased a dimebucker humbucker and am planning on installing that soon. My question is would you guys thing it'd be worth it to get a jackson? Cause I've seen this:
http://www.guitarcenter.com/Jackson-RR3-Rhoads-Pro-Series-Electric-Guitar-103632931-i1147605.gc

and I think it's pretty ballin. So idk I need some advice. Oh yeah money isn't too much of a problem but I really don't wanna spend more then like $800
That's a nice guitar, but I would really advise in not putting the dimebucker in it. The JB is much, much better.

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
EBMM JP7 Dargies Delight II
Manuel Rodriguez C Cedar Top
i had the dimebucker and I wouldnt recommend replacing a good SD with it. also, try going used and getting a higher end jackson. as a personal owner I can say theyre awesome. I got mine used and never regretted it once. check this out

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Jackson-SLSMG-Electric-Guitar?sku=512234

save up a little more, you wont regret it

also theres a guy selling a RR5 for $600 who im talkin to, talk to him and pick that up if youre lookin at the RR guitars. heres his profile (http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/psmile87/). send him a PM and let him know youre interseted.
Stay thirsty my friends...

Jackson DXMG Dinky
Bugera 333XL
ISP Decimator

Quote by thewho68
This thread is as of much use as Anne Frank's drumset.
it woudl be sicker with a DKMG - of which i have one for sale including OHSC....never used!
gear
[="======================"]
ESP-LTD EX400 (black)
ESP-LTD Truckster (primer)
ESP-LTD MX130 (black)
Boss MT-2
Crate GX-60c [stock chorus/reverb]
You could EASILY get a used RR5 for $300-400 and then put whatever pickups you want in it. If you really want an FR, the RR3 is a solid choice, but I think you get loads more bang for your buck with a used RR5.
ah okay thanks! Just a few more questions. Whats a JB? Jackson.....? And SD I'm guessing would be seymour duncan? Heh sorry I'm not too technical fancy. I just play what sounds good. And what do you mean by DKMG and OHSC? heh sorry again.
Quote by Hendershot88
ah okay thanks! Just a few more questions. Whats a JB? Jackson.....? And SD I'm guessing would be seymour duncan? Heh sorry I'm not too technical fancy. I just play what sounds good. And what do you mean by DKMG and OHSC? heh sorry again.

JB is the bridge pickup in the RR3.

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
EBMM JP7 Dargies Delight II
Manuel Rodriguez C Cedar Top
gotcha. would you say that if i got the rr3 and put the dimebucker in that, that'd be a better idea?
dkmg is a jackson model its the dinky with emgs and a floyd about the same price great value plays well but its not a V so yea and a JB is the bridge pick up in the rr3 and most common duncan way better then the dimebucker
Okay. you guys have been great. I appreciate all the feedback as I don't really know much about the hardware of it all and I don't wanna be ripped off when looking for something sweet.
Quote by Hendershot88
gotcha. would you say that if i got the rr3 and put the dimebucker in that, that'd be a better idea?

Take the dimebucker out of the equation and it'd be a good plan.The dimebucker can't live up to the Duncan JB in my opinion.People complain that the JB isn't as high output as other distortion pups but what you get with the JB is a warm and organic tone and versatility.The JB can do death metal and really high gain,you just have to pair it with the right amp and EQ settings.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

JB>Dimebucker. Return the Dimebucker, seriously. Not that great of a pickup.
I NEED TO CHANGE MY USERNAME

• Agile AL-3XXX Custom Tobacco Sunburst w/ EMG 57/66
  • ESP LTD EC-1000T CTM Black w/ Seymour Duncan Blackouts
  • Jet City JCA100HDM w/ Avatar Contemporary 2x12 Cab
  • Seymour Duncan 805 Overdrive
  • Dunlop OG Crybaby Wah
  • MXR Smartgate
eBay usually has good deals. I just saw an RR3 go for $430.
I NEED TO CHANGE MY USERNAME

• Agile AL-3XXX Custom Tobacco Sunburst w/ EMG 57/66
  • ESP LTD EC-1000T CTM Black w/ Seymour Duncan Blackouts
  • Jet City JCA100HDM w/ Avatar Contemporary 2x12 Cab
  • Seymour Duncan 805 Overdrive
  • Dunlop OG Crybaby Wah
  • MXR Smartgate