Page 1 of 2
What headphones do you generally use when listening to music, metal in particular? I am looking to purchase a new pair of headphones and am looking for the best bang for the buck. Looking to spend anything under $200CAN, though I will stretch to $250 if I deem it worthy .

I listen to ALOT of Opeth, Dream Theater, and Rush.

Other bands I listen to (not as much) are: Iron Maiden, Children of Bodom, Older Metallica, Steve Vai, Satriani, Chicago, Billy Joel, Trooper...

What do you listen to and what headphones do you use?
$250?

I just use skullcandy earbuds for $17
ERADICATE THIS DISEASE

Because it's killing me.
Idk, Skull Candy's noise-cancelling ear buds work fine for me. Good sound quality, blocks a good deal of outside noise, and they are pretty comfortable as far as ear buds go.
ya i rock the skullcandy full metal jacket earbuds. they are pretty solid. i think they go for around 60-70.
"every prince has to slay a few dragons before he meets his princess"
dang i only spent 40. anything beyond 100 better have some damn good features
The Dude abides
^ yah skullcandy, great noise reduction
Quote by haha
every time I see your username I press F8 out of curiosity then I have to give myself a big ol' facepalm

Quote by ouch
What the hell? F8 doesn't do anything interesting This toy is lame

Quote by TheReverend724
I can have a beer later, I need to level Charmeleon NOW!
Id like to buy a decent set of earphones but its not worth it since i go through a pair every few months
logitech wireless headphones. theyre pretty sweet. and comfy too. and wireless too.
I have no opinion on this matter.
Quote by Eradicated
$250?

I just use skullcandy earbuds for $17

NO!

if you want anything approaching good sound quality avoid anything involving both of the bolded words above.

You want a good pair of full sized headphones, I suggest Sennheisers, get the most expensive ones you can afford. Sony makes good stuff too. avoid Bose.

Quote by F8iscruel
^ yah skullcandy, great noise reduction

Great noise canceling, counterbalanced by pretty much unlistenable sound quality and extreme fragility.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Last edited by Kid_Thorazine at Feb 3, 2009,
Ultimate Ears makes great products. Check them out on www.ultimate-ears ... com. Links aren't allowed are they?

I personally use UE-5 Customs
MINI enthusiast

@stevenpollock

My band: avenueofembers.com
Quote by neverspoiled
thank you stevenpollock..
the only Pit-head thats not a douche bag...right now anyway
=)
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
NO!

if you want anything approaching good sound quality avoid anything involving both of the bolded words above.

You want a good pair of full sized headphones, I suggest Sennheisers, get the most expensive ones you can afford. Sony makes good stuff too. avoid Bose.

Great noise canceling, counterbalanced by pretty much unlistenable sound quality and extreme fragility.

Thank you! Skullcandy's are gimmicky pieces of crud! I've heard good things about Sennheisers but i've never used them. My entire family has Bose except for me, I find them to be pretty meh
MINI enthusiast

@stevenpollock

My band: avenueofembers.com
Quote by neverspoiled
thank you stevenpollock..
the only Pit-head thats not a douche bag...right now anyway
=)
Bose makes some pretty good home theater stuff for movies and whatnot, but they aren't very good for music.

Last.fm
You could try a pair of AKG 271's.

Edit: I guess the newer model is called the 272.
Re-Edit: 240's are cheaper and pretty good too.
Quote by Kensai
Racism... against the human race? Sure, go ahead
Last edited by Generalpwnt at Feb 3, 2009,
I have Grado SR225s

Get out of here, go to www.head-fi.org

Now.

Play a Cort ?

Play with V-Picks ?

Every minute is to be Grasped........................................................................Time waits for nobody.

Why spend 200 dollars on an expensive headphone when listening to MP3 quality music? THats nonsense, so buy something solid, but not too expensive. I've always been in the 50 dollar range and thats working fine for me
Quote by Jeroenofzo
Why spend 200 dollars on an expensive headphone when listening to MP3 quality music? THats nonsense, so buy something solid, but not too expensive. I've always been in the 50 dollar range and thats working fine for me

TS never mentioned Mp3s...

most good Mp3 players play FLAC and other lossless audio now.

Last.fm
Quote by Rock_Rebel
I use a $40 Behringer headset..
Behringer HPM1000
Damn good

Just no.

TS, what source will you be listening from?

Play a Cort ?

Play with V-Picks ?

Every minute is to be Grasped........................................................................Time waits for nobody.

Last edited by Volta_91 at Feb 3, 2009,
I'm going to move into an apartment soon so I expect I'll need a good pair of headphones if I want to play guitar...

For my iPod though, sony earbuds. They work as imaginary nipples too. Two for the price of one!
Skullcandy earbuds for $30 bucks. They are awesomazing!

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
EBMM JP7 Dargies Delight II
Manuel Rodriguez C Cedar Top
Quote by Kid_Thorazine

agree

Quote by Kid_Thorazine
You want a good pair of full sized headphones

agree

Quote by Kid_Thorazine
Sennheisers

disagree, sennheisers only have one or two good models MAX inside the personal use kind of price bracket, they do do some good stuff in the uber expensive studio sorta market but thats not for this guy.

i highly recommend audio technicas, fantastic sound and comfort and their AD line is all good value and they just get better and better as you pay more.
Some type of headphone by Legacey for $40AUD, only trouble is, everything comes out really trebbly, still working on it though.
cheers
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
‘Cause there's nothing here for you my dear
And everything must pass
I have a Dell Bluetooth ones, they're ok but when using my pc I have a set of 5.1 Surround Gaming Headphones worth like £100, nice.
RULE BRITANNIA
Skullcandy Hesh Overears. I have very silly ears and buds don't fit. And the sound is more loud and betterer. (purposeful grammer error)

OVEREARS FTW! Get some. Now.
(Invalid img)

Best headphones I've ever used. Especially if you like bass.

EDIT: These are Skullcandy Skullcrushers btw. If you look at Skullcandy, alot of them are good at cheap prices, but if you want decent headphones either look at the Skullcrushers or the Wireless ones. Or even better, look at Bose headphones.
Last edited by boreamor at Feb 3, 2009,
I just got some for £5. Dunno what they are, but they work.
wen i ask they say that they fall into the habit smhw ........but nyways i think there is a connection smwhere. Now i being a teetollar will not give into this habit nyhw

FOR JUST £2 A WEEK, YOU CAN PREVENT THIS.
http://www.koss.com/koss/kossweb.nsf/p?openform&pc^eb^SPARKPLUG
only 15 bucks
better than anything in the 15-30 department IMO.
Quote by metaldud536
...I mean if indians stood naked in front of me, i couldn't tell if they're hispanic or native american. unless they put on clothes

At first he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
I love you, man. No homo

But then, he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
I love you even more now. Slightly homo
Just do what I do. Next time you catch a plane and they tell you to take a free pair of earphones, take 20. They don't last long individually but all of them will last ages.
Ultimate Ears Super.Fi 5 Pro in-ear phones.

I'm no golden ears, and I couldn't tell you whether the bass was punchy or muddy, or the highs were sibilant or smooth, but I know they sound damn good.
Quote by pepsi_lovr
What headphones do you generally use when listening to music, metal in particular? I am looking to purchase a new pair of headphones and am looking for the best bang for the buck. Looking to spend anything under $200CAN, though I will stretch to $250 if I deem it worthy .

I listen to ALOT of Opeth, Dream Theater, and Rush.

Other bands I listen to (not as much) are: Iron Maiden, Children of Bodom, Older Metallica, Steve Vai, Satriani, Chicago, Billy Joel, Trooper...

What do you listen to and what headphones do you use?

I don't listen to metal, but I use these for recording and mixing:
Banging on a trash can
Drumming on a street light
Sennheiser CX300s = Win.

Not really headphones though, they're an in-ear job.
AKGs ftw
RIP Bernie Mac
RIP Michael Jackson

FUCK YOU DIME!

Quote by Cobain_Is_King
Get 'Cliff is Angry. So so angry' on your ass.

Edit: Then take pictures and send me them.

Genetically engineered and raised by wolverines DAVE MUSTAINE...
Skullcandy hesh headphoens

AMAzing
Fender 72 Tele Thinline (my baby)
Gibson SG Special Faded
ESP LTD M-1000
Peavy Vk 112
Boss GT-10
Quote by urbanfox
Sennheiser CX300s = Win.

Not really headphones though, they're an in-ear job.

Same as what I have. They're just starting to die on me though.
As well as the Jack input on my Mp3 player. =/ Hmmf. Time to upgrade soon.

My Sennheiser cans I have are pretty awful though.
Quote by Oli_88
Same as what I have. They're just starting to die on me though.
As well as the Jack input on my Mp3 player. =/ Hmmf. Time to upgrade soon.

My Sennheiser cans I have are pretty awful though.

Yeh, mine went a while ago - Ordered some more but they've been out of stock for quite a while.
Page 1 of 2