Well im shopping for a new amp and I came across the traynor YCS50 and i liked it a lot
i play blues, clssic rock, rock, jazz, pop, funk...more blues and rock

but i asked a friend whos been playing a lot of guitar for a long time and he said that traynors "sounds thin, high end, too solidstate, has no tone" ...and tells me to get a Fender amp

so.....Im kinda confused
and what fender exactly?

Kramer Focus 3000
Ibanez ATK300
Rocktron Chameleon
Digitech IPS33B
Ibanez WH10
Korg Pitchblack
Line6 UX2
Quote by helsinki_vampir
and what fender exactly?

i dunno he didnt say
he said or a tiny terror
Your friend is a tool then. The Traynors do not sound "too solid state".
Quote by Dr.Pain-MD
Your friend is a tool then. The Traynors do not sound "too solid state".

im sure he woulnd lie to me tho :S
Always go off your own ears when it comes to gear.
I think the Tiny Terrors sound bad, it's all opinion.
He didn't lie - he just doesn't know any better. Traynors are good amps (not the same as Fenders, but more versatile and much cheaper). A Traynor would be a lot better than the TT tbh.
Quote by Dr.Pain-MD
He didn't lie - he just doesn't know any better. Traynors are good amps (not the same as Fenders, but more versatile and much cheaper). A Traynor would be a lot better than the TT tbh.

well wat about the tone comment....does it have tone?
i think it does
Quote by Antimage27
well wat about the tone comment....does it have tone?
i think it does

You tried it and liked it, and you're asking us whether it has tone?
well im sorta new ...and my first amp was a marshall MG ....just goes to show things i like are not always the best
Yes, they are great amps for the price and are highly praised here on UG. They would cover all the styles you listed really well.
Quote by Dr.Pain-MD
Yes, they are great amps for the price and are highly praised here on UG. They would cover all the styles you listed really well.

are they good for live ?? cuz I do play a lot live
Yes - they are fine for playing live. What amp isn't? You can gig with portable amps, but not tube combos lol?
If you like it, buy it and f0ck what anyone else says.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
the traynor's don't have PERFECT distortion but it's pretty damn good. they are sorta mid/high-heavy amps but this really isn't a problem. trust your ears.
Ibanez S320 with Dimarzio Fred + Seymour Duncan 59-> Weeping Demon Wah -> Ibanez TS-7 -> Homemade iBoost x3 -> Keeley DS-1 -> Visual Sound H2O -> MXR Ten Band -> Traynor YCV20
I have a YCV50 and I LOVE it.

And I hear the YCS is more versatile, and mine is pretty damn versatile, so I think your safe.

It depends if you like it, but I am confident it will keep you happy for many years.
Quote by stangconv
I have a YCV50 and I LOVE it.

And I hear the YCS is more versatile, and mine is pretty damn versatile, so I think your safe.

It depends if you like it, but I am confident it will keep you happy for many years.

I also like that amp a lot...but i think imma go with the YCS cuz its more features
but i do like the blue look on the YCV
Quote by Horlicks
Always go off your own ears when it comes to gear.
I think the Tiny Terrors sound bad, it's all opinion.

Finally, someone who shares the same opinion as me!

* sends friend request*
Quote by Mike!
Finally, someone who shares the same opinion as me!

* sends friend request*

haha
First off, if you like it, you like it, who cares what he says. Traynors are good amps.

Secondly, He doesn't know what he's talking about. Listen to the clips on my profile, all of those songs, I recorded with the YCS50 you mentioned. You can tell me I suck, and I will cry a little bit, maybe be hurt, but I'll get over it, and accept that belief, but you can't tell me the amp sounds like ****. At that point, you're just wrong.

It produces great tones. Your friend should develop a better ear, and then in a few years, see if he thinks it still sucks.
I'm Joel. I play guitar. I am a student. I look at the cost of tuition, not in a dollar value, but in the guitars I'm sacrificing now, to be able to buy later.
Kill your friend.

My Traynor is bad ass. Fenders are good, better for cleans, but Traynors (in my case, YCV50 Blue) have very good cleans and a pretty good overdriven sound.

Get what you want, but know this: you won't regret getting a Traynor if you do happen to buy one.
Quote by Antimage27
im sure he woulnd lie to me tho :S

Either he's very much mistaken and doesnt have an ear for tone, or he is lying.
Traynors sound quite like Marshalls I believe.
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
Quote by Yngwi3
Either he's very much mistaken and doesnt have an ear for tone, or he is lying.
Traynors sound quite like Marshalls I believe.

like high end marshalls?
cuz i have an MG marshall right now and ya....
Traynors generally sound like a beefier but less agressive JCM900 in my experience.

So yes, it sounds sort of like a valve Marshall. It's also about 61168131646510^4984 better than your MG.
Quote by bartdevil_metal
Traynors generally sound like a beefier but less agressive JCM900 in my experience.

So yes, it sounds sort of like a valve Marshall. It's also about 61168131646510^4984 better than your MG.

LOl good I was hoping for an upgrade on my current amp :P
Traynor's are fine, don't worry about your friend.

When it comes down to it, you have to trust yourself on what you think sounds good. That's the best way to do things.