1. '
15 watts is perfectly fine to be heard over my band and for normal giggin purposes... RIGHT?

how much can i get it for in austalian dollars? rough estimate.

*maybe stupid question*
with vintage 30's, does the more you get = the louder you can be?

can i get anywhere near as loud with a 1x12 as with a 4x12?

thanks heaps.
Why are you asking the price? A quick Google could tell you that.
I assume you haven't tried it, so go out and try it first. Try lots of other amps too.
15 watts may be loud enough, depending how loud your band is and what cab you use.
Quote by helsinki_vampir
only difference is that a 4x12 with seem louder since more air is puched but dB vis it is the same.

Incorrect. If you double the speaker area, you get around 3 more Dbs of sound.
Besides, if it just seems louder, that's all that matters right?
Last edited by Horlicks at Feb 3, 2009,
1. only if you want dirty sound. it will not do cleans, at least not with a drummer that hits hard.
3. doesn't matter. the amp is 15 what and the number of speaker doesn't change a thing at that. only difference is that a 4x12 with seem louder since more air is puched but dB vis it is the same.

Kramer Focus 3000
Ibanez ATK300
Rocktron Chameleon
Digitech IPS33B
Ibanez WH10
Korg Pitchblack
Line6 UX2
Quote by Horlicks
Why are you asking the price? A quick Google could tell you that.
I assume you haven't tried it, so go out and try it first. Try lots of other amps too.
15 watts may be loud enough, depending how loud your band is and what cab you use.

Besides, if it just seems louder, that's all that matters right?

three db isnt much tho, is it?

for reference, how much is each speaker fully cranked. alot more than 3db right.
lol.

and yeah, it will mainly be gained up.

oh, but.... does that mean, it will be hard to hear clean parts of songs, when at band practise?

and, will it be able to be heard, if my gain is coming from a pedal. and the amp is on a clean setting, for when i switch the pedal off?

pedal is a ds1, by the way, sometimes a metal zone (but rarely)
Quote by HethaHORRIFIC

You'd be surprised I think. A 4x12 sounds a lot louder to me than a 1x12, even at the same volume.
Quote by Horlicks
You'd be surprised I think. A 4x12 sounds a lot louder to me than a 1x12, even at the same volume.

But it just seems louder since more air is pushed but it actually isn't one bi louder, it just seems so for the human ear. try tilting up the 1x12 directly at your face. it will seem louder than when it just stands flat on the ground.

Kramer Focus 3000
Ibanez ATK300
Rocktron Chameleon
Digitech IPS33B
Ibanez WH10
Korg Pitchblack
Line6 UX2
Quote by Horlicks

Please stop trying to break the first law of thermodynamics.

Tiny terrors are plenty loud enough for band practice, unless you want really loud clean tones.
A metal band?
Gear:
A Guitar with an LFR > Korg Pitchblack > Behringer EQ > Hardwire CM-2 Overdrive Boss SD-1 > Hardwire CR-7 Chorus>
Orange Tiny Terror >
LzR Engineering 212 cab

My other amp can run Crysis
Quote by HethaHORRIFIC

3db is not as little as you might think, since db aren't lineaire but logarithmic, if you have 3 db and you add another 3 db is is more than twice as loud, so it's prob enough

Quote by FischmungaXTR
Please stop trying to break the first law of thermodynamics.

if you have 1 speaker and you give it X power, than you add a second speaker which you also give X power it will be louder If you only dubble the surface of the speaker and give it the same power, than it won't be louder, unless the efficiency
is different
Quote by Horlicks

cause you can feel it not hear it
1. You're surfing the internet.
2. You're browsing through the UG forums.
3. You're reading now.
5. You didn't notice that there was no #4.
6. You just checked it.
7. Now you're having a lil smile.

Quote by hawk_kst
You Sir, have the best signature like ever!
Quote by Tom__D
if you have 1 speaker and you give it X power, than you add a second speaker which you also give X power it will be louder If you only dubble the surface of the speaker and give it the same power, than it won't be louder, unless the efficiency
is different

The thing people forget is that if you have one speaker which you give x power, then add another speaker to the same amp, both speakers will only get x/2 power.
A metal band?
Gear:
A Guitar with an LFR > Korg Pitchblack > Behringer EQ > Hardwire CM-2 Overdrive Boss SD-1 > Hardwire CR-7 Chorus>
Orange Tiny Terror >
LzR Engineering 212 cab

My other amp can run Crysis